• DYRL (Movie)
    • Macross Plus (OAV)
    • Macross Plus (Movie)
    • Macross 7 (TV)
    • Macross 7 (Movie)
    • Macross 7: Dynamite
    • Macross Zero
    • Macross II: Lovers Again

With my growing awareness of Macross in all its incarnations, I'm now wondering what people's favorite incarnation actually is. I do ask thet this thread not devolve into bashing the incarnations that you DONT like--lets try to keep this positive and make everyone happy :D

Sean

ps - sorry to the mods if this bas been done before--coultn't find it when I searched. If so, feel free to delete it :)

hmm... i think its time to change the poll.

u might want to take out robotech macross saga since its the same as sdf macross (tv) and you might want to add more of the macross 7 things in along with macross zero.

just my 2 cents.

good idea for a poll tho. ;)

I just voted for Macross TV and it didn't register my vote. Talk about a fixed election... -_-

Anyways, dude your poll sucks Robotech should not be present. Where is Macross Zero? Macross Dynamite 7? Macross 7 Encore? What about the PS/SS DYRL Opening movies??

hmm... i think its time to change the poll.

u might want to take out robotech macross saga since its the same as sdf macross (tv) and you might want to add more of the macross 7 things in along with macross zero.

just my 2 cents.

good idea for a poll tho. ;)

Sorry guys, totally forgot about Zero and MacII, I wonder if I can edit a poll...

Sean

ps - Robotech is added as it is the same animation (well, with some editsw) but the story is somewhat different...

Ever since I finaly got my hands on the SDF Macross TV series DVD's I say the series rocked even better the Macross saga in Robotech. The original Music and plot is what drew me even closer. And best of all no RT Masters (Southern Cross) inserts and no unnessesary editing getting in the way. I saw it all baby.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

It's got to be the original Macross B)) for me, coz its was the the one that got me hooked to the whole macross universe.

It's then followed by the Macross PLus MOvie and OVA editions.

I also liked DYRL, although I only saw bits and pieces of it from footage in the dowloads section of www.unspacy.de (Thank U UN Spacy Database!!!!!)

I never did get to see the DYRL :( even though i heard a lot of macross fans raving about it.

DYRL rules... Other than Conan the Barbarian it is the greatest film ever.

I just watched that the other day.

I can't wait for king conan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376707/

Predator 1 > Conan.

Hopefully arnie is going to be in it (his old age is just right for a king role) and I'm glad milius is going to be directing it. The second movie was so crap.

Favourite macross is sdf because everything seemed new and original. But that was helped because it covered a main event. Each mode of the VF was used in equal time and even destroids got time to shine. Also it wasn't bogged down in having to use mystery to block us from knowing the charcters. (something I find annoying now: how can you care about a character if you don't tell us anything about them until the last minute?)

Macross 7 (series) has to be my favorite. I agree Macross Zero should be on the list and Robotech's Macross Saga shouldn't be since it isn't part of the Macross Universe and since SDF Macross is already on the list.

Can we get a mod to edit the poll?

Edited by Effect