STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

Am I the only one who is surprised Harrison Ford showed up for that Vanity Fair shot?

I read an article in a local newspaper this morning that the picture was put together digitally. i.e. some cast were shot in Australia, some shot in another location, etc, then put together digitally to make one large photo of the cast.

i do not know about Sam, but Yoda looks like he is about to rip someones head off in that pic.

the star destroyer pics look new, quite cool not as good as the OT but looking good non the less. thanks for the pics.

But Darth Vader as a whiny teen-- NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. I don't care how that plays on Luke being whiny himself-- It's just bad story-telling and tears down one of the greatest villians ever to grace the screen. The I-want-mommy-complex is just not something you pin on Darth Vader as his primary underlying psychological motivation. AOTC did more to weaken Vader as villian than Lucas ever did by showing him as a wrinkled, frail, old pasty guy.

Well this might be a little late, but I found this in the Star Wars.com article on the Vanity Fair shoot.

Throughout Windolf's discussion with Lucas, the filmmaker revealed not only his appreciation for Campbell's work but also his own opinions on why Vader should not be viewed as a monster but instead as a sad man who made a deal with the Devil...and lost.

So there you have it. Prequel Trilogy = Deconstructing Vader

EP3 Picture Spoilers

http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/s...php?browse=rots

Found this is another forum. Some of these photos have been posted already some might be new.

:o Thanks for sharing. If that star destroyer is the really deal, it's nice to see a preview of it.

It's not the real ship from the movie, it is a fan creation see the thread over here on sci-fi meshes to track its development. Warnign you have to an account to view the larger pics.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthr...77&page=1&pp=15

IG-88 is pissed. Lucas promised him he would be in the Vanity Fair picture; didn't happen. Promised him he would get to meet Natalie Portman; didn't happen. He was also up for the role of General Grievious, but no go. He commented that CG effects are really a poor substitute for real acting and emotional expression that is needed in film today.

He has split all ties to Lucas and his agent is in negotiations with Fox for his own reality TV show. He will also appear on a future episode of "Inside the Actors Studio", hosted by James Lipton.

ig-88.jpg

He has split all ties to Lucas and his agent is in negotiations with Fox for his own reality TV show. He will also appear on a future episode of "Inside the Actors Studio", hosted by James Lipton.

:lol::lol:

Lipton: "You have been quoted that Bossk does not actually smell as bad as Dengar. Is that so?"

IG-88: "Beep"

Lipton: "I must ask.....how DO you fire a weapon with hands that have been described by others in your profession as 'salad tongs'?"

IG-88: "Bzzzt - Beep"

Throughout Windolf's discussion with Lucas, the filmmaker revealed not only his appreciation for Campbell's work but also his own opinions on why Vader should not be viewed as a monster but instead as a sad man who made a deal with the Devil...and lost.

So there you have it. Prequel Trilogy = Deconstructing Vader

Well boo. I've always felt that Vader should have been portrayed as a noble albiet prideful man, who made a deal with the Devil and lost. Maybe because that's simply the sense I got in viewing the OT.

The sadness should have been in his actions and his fall, not in his lameness. Bah. =P

-Al

i agree i am not to big on the palpatine/ sidious figure either, i have seen the grevious figure he looks pretty ok, i am hoping for a Star Wars unleashed version however.

Is it just me or does something about Vader's helmet look a little off to anyone else?

No, you're right, it is a new helmet. If you watch the darth vader feature on disc 4 of the trilogy DVDs, you will see what changes they made to it.