The Last Starfighter Returns

Mallet21

Just when I thought that the gayest movie ever made couldn't get any gayer.

It will be fun when they unleash [LISP]Deathblotthom![/LISP]

:rolleyes:

you suck dude... First example of CGI was with Starfighter so hush about what you do not know

Nah, mech is right, that movie packs fudge.

Well.....

seems they wanna turn everything into a musical. First it was Star Wars with The Christmas Special then the Lord of the Rings as a musical (though, to be fair, if they actually have the poems/leys from the novels it may be better than PJs travesty). Now they are doing The Last Starfighter.

Whatever....I aint spending a dime on something like that so its no sweat off my buttcrack. Someone was definitely deciding to do a real Springtime for Hitler it seems.

I think the only thing I like about the Last Starfighter is the actual ship itself. The ship is pretty neat and the concept behind it was interesting (using the whole pilot / gunner Apache thing).

But as for the actual movie and this supposed stage production: bleh.

Lance Guest does not an action hero make and the Last Starfighter is a hard sell as an opera... how in the hell do they pull off the final battle? Interpretive dance? People in costumes like a third grade play? Running around with their arms out yelling "peeeoooo! peeeoooooo!"?

What's next? Tora, Tora, Tora! the musical?

Well there goes the sick joke theory. . .

Just checked the link. . .

That has to be one of the most unfathomable blunders made by mortal man. . .

WHY, WHY, WHY, and again,WHY!!!!!

Edited by DARKWIND

I could never have seen this coming. Part of me is curious how they'll pull it off, but it's hard to see it working. What next, Krull the musical? Might as well take another film I loved when I was young and exploit it. I know, Evil Dead, on Stage!! Will wonders never cease? I wouldn't condemn it until more is known though. :ph34r:

I could never have seen this coming. Part of me is curious how they'll pull it off, but it's hard to see it working. What next, Krull the musical? Might as well take another film I loved when I was young and exploit it. I know, Evil Dead, on Stage!! Will wonders never cease? I wouldn't condemn it until more is known though. :ph34r:

What, you mean THIS??!?

What can I say, lads? There's only one way to get to the truth here. And that's to enter the belly of the beast and see for myself. That theater is around the corner from where I work. Come next month, I think I just might pony up my $20 and view this trainwreck firsthand.

I'll report back....if I survive....

The obvious choice would have been Tron on Ice, starring Nathan Lane as Miltron.

Caution: Getting orchestra seats may lead to cancer or birth defects. If you are pregnant or have heart problems please get the nosebleed section tickets.*

*Nosebleed tickets may cause bleeding of the nose.

What the heck, Jem...

Howsabout 'Lazer Blast'(post-ANH sci-fi schlock trying to cash in on the SW hype; including scene with the protagonist w/the arm mounted cannon blowing up a poorly mocked-up "Star Wars" movie billboard)?

and 'Alien'...no,...'Alien 3' :rolleyes:

Yes, I can increasingly identify with the 'rape-of-my-childhood' whine!

Musical suggestions mentioned thus far.

Buckaroo banzai. Check.

Springtime for Hitler. Check.

Tora, Tora, Tora!! Check.

Krull. Check.

Tron. Check.

Any more?

Sure, why not that Darth Vader musical they were dreaming up back in the 80's. About that Evil Dead thing - I was just being random, who'd have thought it was real.