1/48 Yamato Conversion Kits

Neova

Which one of these kits would you actually buy if made available to you?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these kits would you actually buy if made available to you?

• 1/48 Elintseeker Conversion Kit - FP required (2 seater cockpit, chest plate, canopy, fast packs, radar, weapons, head, wings)
    • 1/48 SuperOstrich Conversion Kit - FP required(2 seater cockpit, chest plate, canopy, fast packs, Minmay co pilot, head, wings)
    • 1/48 VF-1D Conversion Kit (2 seater cockpit, head, chest plate, canopy)
    • 1/48 HI DETAIL KIt (high detail hud, seats, radar, sleaker nosecone, verniers, etc...
    • 1/48 Stampede Valkyrie Conversion Kit - FP required (new covers for leg FPs, vulcan cannon attachments to backpacks, new nosecone)
    • 1/48 Thunder Hammer Conversion Kit (based off of Yamato's Forth Coming GBP Kit in 2005)
    • All of the above cuz I'm filthy stinkying rich or a Macross Zealot!
    • Other - make suggestions

I want to see if there were any real world interests for 1/48 conversion kits that folks will PAY for. There may be minor modeling skills required, with a minimum of some mechanical inclination, and a maximum of customizing skills. Hopefully, installation will be in between there and simple. Please vote here and offer your opinions.

These ideas originally broke out of the modeling thread poll for Monkey Nugget's next modeling project. I'm starting this new thread to keep that thread on topic, to give all you toy people a chance to give input, and to have these ideas produced.

It can be a win-win situation to get top talent from Captain America or others to CONSIDER going forth and producing the toys we would want instead of WAITING for Yamato to consider something that probably WILL NOT HAPPEN due to financial feasibility for them, yet viable for the hardcore enthusiasts. So no commitment, production schedule, pricing or ETA is available yet.

Please note: I listed CONVERSION KITS requiring you to have 1/48 already and / or Fast Packs to:

1) keep the cost down - less parts = cheaper price

2) keep installation simple - swap out a few parts

3) keep it realistic - less parts = less time = less money = higher probability things can be produced at a higher quality

4) start slow and let it grow - Give whoever undertakes this project a chance to start small, and build up their business with Hi Quality products.

So don't go crazy asking for new scratch built stuff (yet). Piggy backing on existing products will let us fans get new products designed and produced quickly. Later, they can let loose to produce those 1/48 Destroids, Enemy Mechs and etc.. from scratch!! :p

I left out NONE vote by accident. Just don't vote to keep the poll somewhat accurate. :D

Here is the quality you can expect if John / Rob decides to take on the project! Pricing still needs to be discussed however. :DPics showing John's handy work

valkyrie_scramble_small.JPG

PS: Thank you John for your kind offer. I hope you know you opened a can of worms :D

I think that 1/48 toy conversion parts would be extra kool. If enough people would want 1/48 Elint and Ostrich conversions, I could certainly do those, and for a fairly reasonnable price too, I think.

Just picture it: a super O or Elint 1/48 conversion kit that comes pre-pigmented in the proper plastic color; almost no painting to do. Just unscrew plastic part A, and replace with resin part B. :ph34r:

Regarding the 1/48 GBP Armor Kit Rumor here:

...as for NEWS

there is 2 version of the 1/100 VF-0 toy planned

the VF-0S & VF-0A

the 1/48 VF-1 GBP Armored parts are in the pipeline and will be announced next year.

the 1/60 Monster will also be finally released next year

however, the YF-19 with fast packs will still be delayed due to the difficulty of this toy. (looks like something superb will be produced, if it ever gets done)

No plans of reissuing the 1/48 Super & Strike Fast Packs

No plans of the Male Power Armor

and the Garland looks awesome

ok, thats it for now, ...

Noel

Edited by Neova

I voted Stampede. Cuz it seems feasable to do and I just can't see any possible way that elint, osterich & the vt-1 to be a perfect transformable toy without the aid of parts swapping during transformation sequence. 1/48 is synonymous to "no part swapping"

It would be the same as any FP equipped Valkyrie. Very very carefully. Or do what I do: Remove the backpack pieces first, to not risk breaking BP8!!! :D

i was thinking, maybe master caster rohby would be able to make some of these? i know it would be a tremendous amount of work but i know if yamato doesn't make it, people here would definitely be willing to shell out the bucks for it. he could do one at a time on a pre-order basis(no flakers please) and get half the money up front.

this is all depending on whether yamato makes them or not and rohby willing to do the work and make some money of course.

I picked Stampede, but would have gone with Thunder Hammer if the option were available.

1/48 Thunder Hammer Conversion Kit (based off of Yamato's Forth Coming GBP Kit in 2005)

It was...

I don't really understand how it's going to be based on the GBP armor as they barely have similarities, except for the fact that they are battroid only armours... do you mean connection points?

Parts would hardly be interchangeable... just a question, but I would love to see it.

I pretty much would only wnat the 2 seaters but voted for the O since you can make a D from O parts. Would just need a head.

:Dat

Ok everyone, repeat after me. You can can not make a D from Ostrich or Elint parts. The D is very different from the Ostrich/Elint - it has a longer cockpit, a different chestplate, and the canopy is not bulbous as on the Ostrich/Elint

I voted for all of the above, though I'd mainly be interested in the Elint/Ostrich - I've wanted to do them for a while, but apparently I am slower than molasses running uphill - as my progress on the AG proves... :(

Give me a break. You have to ask me this question? We all know what my answer would be... :lol:
All of the above cuz I'm filthy stinkying rich or a Macross Zealot!

hahaha, I can see that happening. Actually I can see you getting 4 of each! and some! :p:D:lol:

Give me a break.  You have to ask me this question?  We all know what my answer would be...  :lol:
All of the above cuz I'm filthy stinkying rich or a Macross Zealot!

hahaha, I can see that happening. Actually I can see you getting 4 of each! and some! :p:D:lol:

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol: DAMN STRAIGHT!

With regards to the two seater VT-1 and VE-1 versions...

The shape of the VT-1 and VE-1 quite a task and a complete restyle and redesign of the chest, canopy & hinge, cockpit, chesplate, heatshield, backplate, backplate hinge door, back pack...this is only the beginning. :blink:

See what I mean.

Amongst all the aforementioned, let's not forget the the stuff that has already been listed above.

Whoever takes on this task, my hats of to you. Best of luck...this will be a great adventure to take on.

...Plus why not include a Misa in her uniform and Minmei in the red flight suit. :rolleyes: Either of the two could be used in the backseat. It just depends on the what part of the movie you want your 1/48 to be in. ;)

I chose null vote because I personally wouldn't spend the time/money on getting 1/48's plus conversion kits and then doing the conversion.

But of those listed, the ones that would interest me the most are the two-seaters. Probably the Elint, because it's the design that IMO would most benefit from the large scale, compared to the 1/60 Elint.

I know this would be pretty out there, and require almost total replacement of the Valk parts, but I'd also be interesting seeing (not making) a 1/48 VF-X-4...

I voted for Hi-Detail. But I'm with ewilen on this one. I'm a lazy ass. I probably wouldn't buy it because I don't want to replace and repaint any parts. But that's not to say this isn't a great idea.. because it is. Something cool for the toy people. :)

You know all those sound like good kits but I an only interrested in three. . .

1)VF-1D

2)Stampede

3)Thunder Hammers

Why?

Just sheer brute force!!!! ;)

Also I think ewilen made a excellent suggestion. . . :D

Break out the 1/48 VF-4 Yamato!!!!!!!!!

You could make a very pretty penny off those. . . . B))

Edited by DARKWIND

I wanted to vote "1/48 HI DETAIL KIt (high detail hud, seats, radar, sleaker nosecone, verniers, etc...", but then I saw the Thunder Hammer option..! *drool*

But why a kit, just bring out a brand new one with Thunder Hammer armor and weapons! And in that nice grey instead of the blue-ish LV-grey, with ofcourse the oiled orange lens for the headvisor! I can't pay for a 300-400 buck custom VF-1S Thunder Hammer, but can pay US$150.00 for a brand new and complete one.

I WANT!

Hey guys, is it really THUNDER HAMMER or HUMMER? 'Coz in the pages of the magazine section of MW, it says 5TH SOG THUNDER HUMMERS. I always thought it's lame :blink: ! I think HAMMER goes better w/ the VF-1S, and I think all ya will agree! :D