Hey check this out!

VortexVFX

ModelLeader1MIBa.jpg

If anyone who knew oldschool anime, they would know that this toy was based on the same mold as an Alpha FIghter from Robotech's 3rd seaon, whoch was from the ANime Series Mospeada.

MPCALPHA1.gif

ModelCyKill.gif

todathur.jpg

battler-cycle.gif

This toy is also from Robotech 3/Mospeada.

turbo.gif

For you people born in the late 70s/early 80s and remembered USA's cartoon block. You probably remembered this show called "Turbo Teen". It was about a teenager who had the power to turn into a 1982 Pontiac Trans AM. I never thought in a million years that they actually made a toy based off of one of the Gobot models.... Dudes, I wish I was making this up....

ModelTurboTeen1a.jpg

Now that is one weird toy, from an even weirder show... For some reason, I wouldn't mind being a car.

Edited by VortexVFX

Eeee...those are like the Bizarro World versions of Leader 1 and Cy-Kill...a world where Go-Bots are actually cool and interesting toys! :p

I actually like that color scheme (or lack of) for the Legioss.

And Turbo Teen looks like Michael and K.I.T.T somehow managed to spawn an unholy love-child. Puts a whole new spin on the name "Knight Rider"...

Edited by eriku

Pole Position?

I remembered that show had a red muscle car and some blue futuristic car in it.

That was a cool show part of the CBS "Saturday Supercade"! It had an anime look to it and the lead car had a talking screen as cool as Knight Riders' KITT.

Edited by gerwalk25

This might sound dumb but....wat exactly are the Gobots? Are they a line of bootleg toys? There seems to be some cartoon of them out or something.....

Gobots were a competing toy line and I think a short-lived cartoon also. The toys were basically similar to Transformers but with even less articulation.

Graham

This might sound dumb but....wat exactly are the Gobots? Are they a line of bootleg toys? There seems to be some cartoon of them out or something.....

Gobots were a competing toy line and I think a short-lived cartoon also. The toys were basically similar to Transformers but with even less articulation.

Graham

Ok...then what is this about the Mospeada toys and that freaky Teen-Car thing on top?

:unsure:

Gobots were a line of toys known as machine robo. Like transformers the toy line was hijacked, brought over to the states, and given new cartoon series to go along with the toys. Diaclones and Machine robo were both lines riding the transforming toy trend.

They aren't Mospeada toys, they're Mospeada model kits, repackaged as Gobot model kits. They basically had a good leader (Leader 1, a Jet) and a bad leader (Cy-Kill, a motorcycle), so they released these two Mospeada kits, even though they bear almost no resemblance to the characters they are supposed to represent.

Sort of thing happened alot back in the day. Transformers itself is nothing more than a bunch of toys rereleased with a different name and storyline. As was Robotech, essentially... and Battletech.

As for TurboTeen... there's no real explanation other to say it was a godawful cartoon that apparently got it's own crapass ripoff model kit too. I'd like to pretend I never saw it, actually.

Edited by Blaine23

Pole Position was my favorite cartoon show back then... even though I was 13 or so when it came out I still watched cartoons like that back then.

And for those who just want to rock out: Really crappy mpeg of the POLE POSITION theme song

......wow, that takes me back (adds to his obscure music file)

OMG!!!!

i thought that Turbo Teen was a repressed childhood memory i had deep in my sub-counscious. but looking at that creepy ass kits it has all come back to me!!! :unsure::blink:

i have a very vivid memory of the sick and twisted morphing sequences in the show... you know how every childrens cartoon hires a child phychologist consultant to make sure that the cartoon doen't makes serial killers in training...well i think the consultant really dropped the ball on that show.

i remember that turbo teen would either have to be doused with cold or hot water for him to morph. what the hell is up wthi that!!!!? :huh:

perhaps they really should have hired a science advisor because....oh that's right! if they had there would have been no show at all!!!! :D

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

i remember that turbo teen would either have to be doused with cold or hot water for him to morph.  what the hell is up wthi that!!!!? :huh:

American version of Ranma 1/2? :lol:

Well, Ranma came out several years later in Japan, so I highly doubt it.

i remember that turbo teen would either have to be doused with cold or hot water for him to morph.  what the hell is up wthi that!!!!? :huh:

What about the manga?

Might be interesting to note that apparently Go-Bots the cartoon came out before Transformers the cartoon.

Also, what is Mighty Orbots a rip off of? I've never seen more than the first episode, but it had some amazing animation for even today, and it was an interesting blend of Japanese and American styles.

Might be interesting to note that apparently Go-Bots the cartoon came out before Transformers the cartoon.

Also, what is Mighty Orbots a rip off of? I've never seen more than the first episode, but it had some amazing animation for even today, and it was an interesting blend of Japanese and American styles.

Mighty Orbots is what you say it is. It's a TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System), US co-production under the head of BlackJack Movies and OVA's director Osamu Dezaki. IMHO Orbots was a great show it would have been sweet if Bandai made a Chogokin/Godaikin back in the day.

Edited by gerwalk25

Rumiko Takahashi probably ripped off her idea for Ranma 1/2 from Turbo Teen. Bitch.

Turbo Teen is wierd but possibly not as wierd as Golden Warrior Gold Lightan that aired in Japan in 1982. In case you don't already know it was about a mighty robot that transformed into a...cigarette lighter.

lightan-120L.jpg

1916814145845558.jpg

BTW That image from TT looks like a dude falling on to a car and then being zapped by the electrified security system. :lol:

Edited by Skull00

Rumiko Takahashi probably ripped off her idea for Ranma 1/2 from Turbo Teen. Bitch.

Turbo Teen is wierd but possibly not as wierd as Golden Warrior Gold Lightan that aired in Japan in 1982. In case you don't already know it was about a mighty robot that transformed into a...cigarette lighter.

lightan-120L.jpg

1916814145845558.jpg

BTW That image from TT looks like a dude falling on to a car and then being zapped by the electrified security system. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: LMAO!!! :lol:

They must have some good weed over there to conjure up that idea.