YF-19FP SACRIFICE. What could you do without?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Of the following what would you want yamato to do? OR what sacrifice are you okay with  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following what would you want yamato to do? OR what sacrifice are you okay with

• 1-DETACHABLE LANDING gear/doors.
    • 2-BIG swappable parts (torso section, lower legs, legs in general, etc.)
    • 3-SMALL swappable parts (nose for battroid AND head fueselage piece, etc)
    • 4-NONE!! I want mine perfect variable with NO removal needed at all!

Hey guys. We all know he YF19FP has ben delayed fof lord knows how long its been. Anyhoo in my experience, me personally though I prefer perfect variable, if parts swapping is kept to a minimal, I am okay with it. However if it becomes a jigsaw puzzle(1/100 macross 7 bandai kits) then I get kinda bored easily with it. So we all know for whatever reason yamato has delayed the YF19FP. Graham told us abouthow dificult it would be to make and accurate to the lineart. So with that in mind here is what I keyed onto.

The first YF-19 from yamato was...

1-TOO stubby...

*WHY? the LANDING GEAR!! had landing gear been detachale to BEGIN with perhaps the fighter mode would actually LOOK good!! The only reason teh freaking nose DROOPS down is because the landing gear in the nose is TOO short, they did this for the sake of perfect transformation. So obviously SOMETHING suffered!! HAs they eliminated the landing gear or made it detachable we would have

A-a SLEEKER fighter mode(in the front at least on the nose sections/front fueselage)

B-transformation to battroid might be a little easier since a joint could be placed where the landing gear is currently in now. That joint could also have small attachement holes for the gear to plug into in fighter mode and serve as a moving joint for groin transformation in battroid mode.

C-SLIMMER legs. Hell this contributes to a sleekr fighter as well. Ever notice that the legs have to have enough room to incorporate the gear in them? Check out the switchblade and Studio half eye kits, tehy dont got landing gear and they got sleeker/slimmer legs.

Add those 2 adjustments, make sure the wings are nice and level, straighten the nose out more, and BAM, awesome loook!

I know no matter what some will want perfect variable. Some just wabnt this damn thing to come out regardless how the hell it turns out as long as it looks better than the original. I did not add that in the poll because its asking the obvious. Inevitably when or IF it comes out people will bitch about something. So I made this poll to get most of the design bitching out of the way. The quality is another story.

A lot of you like the 1/60. the 1/60 VF-01 line in truth only needed the heatshield swapped out. Me, I leave the nose plug out, and arm clips off too. Being able to tranbsform it with minimal swapping is cool with me. Befor it was tediious where I had to track down all thse parts and bla bla. I never really liked the transformation for the 1/100 bandai VF19 kits but then again some of you might. ANd you a know my stance on the 1/100 VF-0.

With small swappable parts it becomes kind of like a 1/60.

With big swappable parts its almost like a 1/100 bandai VF19 kit since inevitably a lot of the major components are the parts being swapped.

To be honest I think the onyl way to keep this thing perfect variable and satisfy all of us is to make the jump to 1/48 scale. HEll out of all the macross plus designs the YF19 sold the MOST, aND ..

BIGGER SIZE = MORE ROOM TO WORK WITH!!

plus someone posterd a resin 1/48 YF19 pic comparing to the VF-1J 1/48 and it isnt really so much bigger aside from wingspan. i am sure it will be heavier but honestly think about it, all that stuff for such a complex design in 1/72 SCALE? It's kinda p[ushing it. I would want to say move to 1/60 but as it stands i think the only way to keep it perfect variable and retain foldiong gear is to make it 1/48. More room to mess with and if a more forgiving with mistakes. The key point is room. With more room to work yamato can do a lot. With less there isnt much to do.

but yea someones done a poll on size. SO basicalyl this is all about what you want or could do without regardless of size.

Like I put in the wonderfest thread, I can deal with replacing the hip section for battroid, and with removing the rear part of the legs for fighter mode. That would fix the problems right there. Of course the langing gear would then be detchable as well, which is also fine with me: it's going on a tripod stand anyway. The landing gear buffs would also be served by having better looking gears.

Replacing the hips could yield posability, durability, and it would look right finally. Taking the back part of the leg off for fighter mode would be the easiest method to make a streamlined fighter, and adding them back on would to make an accurate battroid/gerwalk.

I also want it in 1/72 still.

I would accept 1/100 in a pinch, but 1/72 would be much preferred.

Edited by Anubis

I agree with you Shin. Just remove the landing gear and make her sleeker!! I never bought the originals because I thought that it was the most god awful looking thing. The legs/intake portion particularly. They were just way too fat.

Chris

I strongly second the idea for a 1/48 scale YF-19! :D

But then again, everyone already knew that! :p

I want the YF-19FP to be PERFECT. And then have them do a 1/60 or 1/48.

Although if I really had to choose to sacrifice something, it would be the landing gears, I could live with plug-ins. I just refuse to have a pos like the bandai M7 VF-19 models.

Yamato should seriously re-sculpt the whole M+ line in a larger scale. The VF-11 is easily turned to 1/48 without being overly big (like how some people argue against the 19 and 21). Plus that way they might be able to get around those shoulder bars on the 1/60 VF-11.

Well, the Hasegawa model custom has no swappable parts (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). So perfect transformation should be no problem. I now Yamato is looking for anime accuracy.

But it doesn't need to be 100% accurate.

Detachable legs, or some small parts it's okay to me, as long as it looks good and works fine (although I don´t want a jigsaw puzzle like you said Shin).

i voted for big swappable parts...but then again...i'm one of those people who use to build up lego stuff by just looking at the picture on the box :p

i only made that choice because i would want a VF-19A/YF-19 that looks great in all modes...for now the best mode for the YF-19 is battroid and even that mode isn't all that great :(

if needed i wouldn't mind one in a larger scale...but only if it looked good in all modes and if the cost was reasonable

I agree with you Shin. Just remove the landing gear and make her sleeker!! I never bought the originals because I thought that it was the most god awful looking thing. The legs/intake portion particularly. They were just way too fat.

Chris

Them's just birthin' hips!

Swappable parts? No... Removeable? I'm ok with. I hate the 1/60s but if they made the 1/48 VF1's legs removable and got rid of that hinge, I'd been fine with that. that metal bar seems sturdy without the hinge.

If the YF-19FP looks like the pic rusty pictured then I'm getting me one. I skipped the VF-11FP... and I'll skip the YF-19 if it looks like shite again...

I only believe in a good sculpt

Battroid is a great form to pose a valk

The YAMATO 1/72 has a really ugly big legs I hope that

new sculpt has a more proporcionated form.

and please not removeable parts

The price is not important if the design is excellent

Xcuse my english.

I love this design more then any other in Macross, as I'm sure many other do.

I'd like it perfect if it's at all possibe, no matter the wait. :p

If something does have to go then I'd prefer it to be the landing gear, my robot toys spend most of their time in their robot modes anyways.

Fort Max

I think its been established that by making removable landing gear and some small swap parts, like the groin piece and front landing gear bay then making a good YF-19 is possible. So I would go for that, that or a much large scale needed to have the oragami mechanism in the legs and crotch needed.

same here!! I also DREAD how you have to swap opuit the whole torso for the bandai kit <_<

LOL me and ewilen actually AGREE for once!

and no SUPER hornet is WORSE than tomcat!! The shin hath spoken!! :lol::lol: LOL couldnt resist dude sorry.

If anything I say screw the gear. IF yamato HAS to sacrifice something, let it be the gear!! The gear,

1-made the original toy's fighter mode chubby looking with HUGE legs and SLANTED nose!! and big nose too BTW.

I think the addition of retractable landing gear really ruined some macross plus toys...cept ehe VF11. But see even THEN...wait no it DIDD ruin it too!!

if we had DETACHABLE gear on the macros plus toys to begin with this is what we would have...

VF-19A-slimmer legs, slimmer forward fueselage=BETTER looking fighter. Longer nose too i believe and battroid wouldnt look so weird.

YF-21-slimmer profile(nishikawa later fixed this on the Fp version)

VF-11B-LONGER TAIL FINS?

Hear me out. ON the VF11B i believe yamato told graham at one time that the fins were so small since they had to fold into the leg...since GEAR is in the leg....there isnt much clearance or room...soooo...

I BLAME THE LANDING GEAR !!

1/60 landing gear looked like crap and was prone tro looseness over time

1/48 is TOns better.

so my fonclusion is...

most problems are solved..IF

1-use detachable gear

OR

2-UP scale to 1/48 or@least 1/60. YF19 is popular more so than the other 2 in plus so a stand alone 1/48 YF19 would, i could guarantee sell MORE units than @least the yamato escaflowne. Its got the popularity and fanbase behind it and hell one or most of us will bitcb about lack of perfect transformation sooner or later lol me INCLUDED lol.

While a perfect transformation would be great, I just don't think it is a physical possibility. As stated in some other threads, there is a lot of anime magic happening with that plane.

I opted for the big swapable parts. I know not many here will agree with me on that. I would not be a fan of replacing the whole torso, but the lower legs, and the cod piece may be a necessity. I don't play with my Yamato VFs too much. I have them out for display more than as toys. For display reasons, I'd rather have a YF-19 that looks great in all modes than have a perfect transformation that looks great in one mode, okay in another and outright craptastic in the third.

My $.02

just bump the yf-19 to 1/48 and that should take care of all these problems. Why go to the swappable transformation when they already achieved an already tried & true method with their earlier versions. I expect nothing less & it would be a let down to the fans who have anticipated it's revisional release if they "escaflowned" our beloved yf-19!

I have to agree with s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d on this. Up the scale. I want mine to be perfectly transformable.

mule,

as shown by yamato's 1/48 VF-1, perfect transformation CAN make it to physical reality...at this point I am sure very little cared about the transformation on that thing not matching the anime, hell what DOES these days(masterpiece prime anyone?) but I think I can say most of us would want perfect variable regardless of whether the transformation is 100% accurate or not. Hell come to think of it almost all of yammato's transformations are off one way or another. You dont hjere everyone complaining however.

How can it make it to physical reality? INCREASING SIZE!! Bigger sizew=MORE ROOM to work with!!=LESS STRESS for yhamato since @1/72 scale...i bet they get pissed teh f**k off trying to cram a landing gear mechanism into something small. 1/48 however.....

and IHP made the conversion kit made on this page. The guy who sculpted that is sculpting the FP yamato YF19A.

I voted for removable landing gear... I don't know if that would take care of all the problems or not... For me, removable parts are TOO big a deal... Having to remove the legs on the 1/60s was a bit much, but I would be more than happy to have removable landing gear on the YF-19FP if that would make the rest of the toy transform perfect and look really good in all modes.

As for scale... AT LEAST 1/72.... 1/100 would be stupid... If all the other M+ Valks are 1/72, then why change it now... If they did that, THAT would piss me off more than any removable parts.

Ok... so 1/48 would be really great though.... LOL! :p

VF-11B-LONGER TAIL FINS?

Hear me out. ON the VF11B i believe yamato told graham at one time that the fins were so small since they had to fold into the leg...since GEAR is in the leg....there isnt much clearance or room...soooo...

the tail fins are at a bad angle too...and yamato could do away with those ugly notches on the sides...they take away from the streamlined look of the -11B...those notches also make the VF-11 look kinda chunky..... yamato should also make a removable heatsheild much like the 1/60 VF-1's... i haven't had a problem with the sheild or anything on mine...also, yamato should also include some more hands... the 11 has friggin' small chicken hands <_<

Seems to me that upping size would solve all problems. I am pretty sure the delays now are a result of sticking to 1/72 scale. LIke I said beforte I am sure it would do well as a 1/48 its not IMPOSSIBLY big, its really just the wingspan. Now if they just up the scale it might not be as hard for them. Out of all 3 macross plus valks this is the one people want most. So yea go 1./48!!

the tail fins are at a bad angle too...and yamato could do away with those ugly notches on the sides...they take away from the streamlined look of the -11B...those notches also make the VF-11 look kinda chunky..... yamato should also make a removable heatsheild much like the 1/60 VF-1's... i haven't had a problem with the sheild or anything on mine...also, yamato should also include some more hands... the 11 has friggin' small chicken hands <_<

A removable heatshield would be VERY welcome on the VF-11. But then again, I really think that it needs a total re-sculpt.

It could be so much sleeker, better proportioned, and without shoulder bars. Although I say it would be nice if they could come up with an internal heat shield that comes out, I really can't think of a way of doing it that wouldn't require some sacrifice or another... :(

The VF-11 so needs a re-sculpt in 1/48 scale... :D

Since Yamato is making the YF-19FP, I hope they but in a little bit more effort and do the necessary sculpting for an improved VF-19A...

HINT HINT YAMATO

I'd buy it! :p:D

....but I would be more than happy to have removable landing gear on the YF-19FP if that would make the rest of the toy transform perfect and look really good in all modes.

As for scale... AT LEAST 1/72.... 1/100 would be stupid... If all the other M+ Valks are 1/72, then why change it now... If they did that, THAT would piss me off more than any removable parts.

Ok... so 1/48 would be really great though.... LOL! :p

I have the same views as you do. I also voted for the removable landing gears. Ideally, I would love to have it in perfect transformation, but if sacrifices would have to be made, that is it. Scalewise, have it in 1/72 or 1/48, NOT IN 1/100!!!

Well the front landing gear of the 19 is basically IMPOSSIBLE so it they need to make it as a removable part, then please let them do so.

Actually, it's not impossible, just insanely difficult :lol: .

There is actually another Hasegawa YF-19 perfect-transformation conversion from an old issue of Hobby Japan that does feature correct folding front and rear landing gear and a groin peice that actually folds the correct way (the first ever in a YF/VF-19 toy or model), so there are no removable parts at all, although the rear of the lower legs do an origami type folding just like the SHE kit to accomodate the shoulders/upper arms in fighter mode. It's not by IHP, but I can't remember who the sculptor is.

That particular issue of Hobby Japan is not in the MW magazine section, but I have it at home and will get it scanned at the weekend if the baby allows me to :rolleyes:

But one thing to consider that with the custom conversion model kits, the little custom made hinges and joints are so fragile, that they are not really suitable for a mass production toy.

Graham

Well the front landing gear of the 19 is basically IMPOSSIBLE so it they need to make it as a removable part, then please let them do so.

Actually, it's not impossible, just insanely difficult :lol: .

There is actually another Hasegawa YF-19 perfect-transformation conversion from an old issue of Hobby Japan that does feature correct folding front and rear landing gear and a groin peice that actually folds the correct way (the first ever in a YF/VF-19 toy or model), so there are no removable parts at all, although the rear of the lower legs do an origami type folding just like the SHE kit to accomodate the shoulders/upper arms in fighter mode. It's not by IHP, but I can't remember who the sculptor is.

That particular issue of Hobby Japan is not in the MW magazine section, but I have it at home and will get it scanned at the weekend if the baby allows me to :rolleyes:

But one thing to consider that with the custom conversion model kits, the little custom made hinges and joints are so fragile, that they are not really suitable for a mass production toy.

Graham

but those conversions are 1/72.....if yamato were to make a toy in 1/48 scale I believe the fragility issue would be diminished. Much bigger and much more room to work withj and keep essential joints nice and thick(hidden swing bars and hinges)

but those conversions are 1/72.....if yamato were to make a toy in 1/48 scale I believe the fragility issue would be diminished. Much bigger and much more room to work withj and keep essential joints nice and thick(hidden swing bars and hinges)

Remember that a 1/48 VF/YF-19 would be the size of a PG Gundam. I don't know for you, but I won't be able to justify buying such a big, and most likely costly toy, especially a Yamato :blink::ph34r:

Graham

Oh please do! C'mon baby, let your daddy scan that magazine for us MWer's to see. :D:p