Sousei no Aquerion

Graham

Just wondering has anybody heard anymore news regarding Kawamori's new 26 part TV anime series 'Sousei no Aquerion', which is supposed to be airing in Japan this Fall?

Considering that it's nearly September already, it seems strange that there is so little information available about this.

I would have thought by now that character and mecha pics would have started appearing in the Japanese hobby magazines.

Graham

What I know is that Aquarian Age comes from a card game... I'm still wondering how Kawamori managed to stick mecha in it...

Anyway, Kawamori's would not be the first Aquarian Age series.

FV

The Aquarian Age anime is pretty good, but I don't think the new Kawamori anime is related to that license. If it were, Broccoli would be pumping out the promo stuff right and left.

Actually the Aquarian Age may also refer to the Age of Aquarius, which is the age we are suppossedly entering. The different "ages" of the zodiac, IIRC, last about 2000 years, we are just coming out of the age of Pisces. The Age of Aquarius is the age where man is suppossed to start leading himself into the future instead of relying on outside forces to guide us. It kind of makes sense and may still lead towards a Macross series because all macross series so far have occured in the Aquarian Age. From the title I would say it might be a show that deals with man/mankind coming to age and leading themselves and may have some spiritual overtones, should be interesting no matter what though.

Actually the Aquarian Age may also refer to the Age of Aquarius, which is the age we are suppossedly entering. The different "ages" of the zodiac, IIRC, last about 2000 years, we are just coming out of the age of Pisces. The Age of Aquarius is the age where man is suppossed to start leading himself into the future instead of relying on outside forces to guide us. It kind of makes sense and may still lead towards a Macross series because all macross series so far have occured in the Aquarian Age. From the title I would say it might be a show that deals with man/mankind coming to age and leading themselves and may have some spiritual overtones, should be interesting no matter what though.

/me breaks out in a rousing karaoke of the The Fifth Dimension.

Actually the Aquarian Age may also refer to the Age of Aquarius, which is the age we are suppossedly entering.

True, that's why it's called Aquarian Age.

It kind of makes sense and may still lead towards a Macross series because all macross series so far have occured in the Aquarian Age.

It won't be Macross because it doesn't have the Macross name. Branding.

FV

On the idea that it might be a Macross show in all but name could be their way of getting around the whole legal mess and allow them to release it outside of Japan without any trouble from other parties. Especially if name and designs are different but they could try to strongly hint at past things and just continue the story. Would be interesting if they did that, I wouldn't mind at all.

• 2 months later...

News (sorta) from the latest issue of Anime Insider (Dec 04):

There's a three page interview with His Holy Froating Head which focuses primarily on Arjuna and The Daichis:Earth Defense Family (with VERY little Macross mentioned other than a brief plug thrown in at the last moment by Kawamori for Macross Zero 5's release in Japan). He ends the interview with a mention of the new project:

"Another series I'm working on is a super transformation robot series called Sousei no Aquerion (Holy Genesis of Aquerion), which will be aired in Japan next spring. Aquerion is like a mix of Macross, Arjuna, The Daichis and Escaflowne. It's something insane, so please look forward to it!"

Mixing all those ingredients into one show? I think "insane" definitely sums it up. This looks promising...or at least freaky weird.

:p

"Another series I'm working on is a super transformation robot series called Sousei no Aquerion (Holy Genesis of Aquerion), which will be aired in Japan next spring. Aquerion is like a mix of Macross, Arjuna, The Daichis and Escaflowne. It's something insane, so please look forward to it!"

Mixing all those ingredients into one show? I think "insane" definitely sums it up. This looks promising...or at least freaky weird.

Good, I need to watch something completely wrong for this world. Mech and spiritual stuff is taken care of. I still need to work off my romatic-comedies backlog. So it works out.

Good, I need to watch something completely wrong for this world. Mech and spiritual stuff is taken care of. I still need to work off my romatic-comedies backlog. So it works out.

Need completely wrong? Go watch some mecha hentai. :lol:

Or not so high up in the wrong factor but wrong nonetheless, Kannaduki no Miko. Lesbian super robo action romance. ;)

Aquerion sounds like a parody.... :ph34r:

Edited by wolfx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...