The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

The sound masters being destroyed is probably a rumor perpetuated by purists (like me!) who never want to see a dubbed version of Aim for the Top! put out on the market. I for one love the original Japanese language version, and do not think an English dub can ever come close to capturing the emotions felt by the original cast, especially in the later episodes. Hopefully Bandai will leave well enough alone, but you know, someone will complain that they have to read. Anyways, if you are a true Gunbuster aficionado as I am, you probably don't need subtitles when watching it.

413960[/snapback]

It's worth mentioning that a few years ago, I was talking with a couple Manga reps at Anime Central (back when they were still insisting that a DVD release was in the works), and they told me that they never owned an english language liscense to Gunbuster. That's why they never did a dubbed version, even back in the VHS days.

It was the only thing that came out of their mouthes that I believed :p

So it was announced Sunday? No wonder I missed it. I even checked ANN that night, the Bandai section mentioned nothing of this. Just their end of con licensing run through.

I only learned of this about an hour ago since info at the con doesn't circulate well. If it was announced Sunday, there was no way I could make the panel. Sounds like it leaked that night though. Which would explain why ANN made no mention.

I was really hoping to be there whenever it was announced. Sucks more seeing as I was at the con too (and not, say Otakon which I'm not attending). At least I wasn't in attendence at the time.

Still, after hearing how much crap Bandai gave Manga to get it back, I'm not surprised. I've pretty much known for the last six months. I was all but certain Bandai would release it themselves. It's who I'd want to release it [Honneamise orAnimeigo]. Here's hoping for the full Honneamise treatment. Even I'll rebuy it.

I even finally got my Noriko statue on Saturday. I found one dealer that had it. So it was indeed in the cards.

Also, what this about a compilation film I'm just hearing about.

[as much as I hate that site...]

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?...&fpart=all&vc=1

Rerecorded audio with the original cast and everything... I don't remember hearing about that here.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Didn't we talk about that here? I know I heard it somewhere a week or so ago.. I'm more anticipating Top 2 than the compilation films, hopefully that announcement will come after the 6th episode is released..

Finally! It's about friggin' time. Let's hear it for Bandai Visual!

413292[/snapback]

DAMN RIGHT! About fragging time... I am glad Bandai Visual is taking care of this. Hopefully it will be handled under the Bandai's Honneamise label, and will include all the extras content found on the Japanese remastered set. Yippie! Seven long years is almost over... now all I need is a release date! :):D

So it was announced Sunday? No wonder I missed it. I even checked ANN that night, the Bandai section mentioned nothing of this. Just their end of con licensing run through.

414075[/snapback]

Well, if you've noticed, ANN does not seem to update their site over the weekend, however they did post on July 4th that Gunbuster was among the new licenses.

Uuuuurgh... it's a loooooong way until August 25...

414149[/snapback]

Is that the release date for the DVD?

Sweeeeetttt.......

B))

414250[/snapback]

Supposedly thats the date that the last episode of Top O Nerae 2 will come out.

4chan surf'n, bored, and found these! Just where the heck do I find this book at! IT'S A MUST HAVE!post-2410-1153001038_thumb.jpgpost-2410-1153001324_thumb.jpg

416517[/snapback]

Those are the front page top images used on Gainax's site. They are contributed to the site by members of Gainax Net's fan club. There is a new image every Friday afternoon, one devoted to every series or venture Gainax has created. The only way you can get these is to copy the image from the front page itself or go to Gainax's shop in Japan and purchase their Gainax net Art Museum CD-ROM collection. Unfortunately, you cannot order stuff from Gainax anymore, as they stopped shipping things overseas years ago. I have the complete set of Gunbuster as well as Diebuster images as they go for now, so if you want them, let me know. Just remember where you got them.

[drools]Buster Machines with launch pad...[/drools]

Edit: By the way, I am almost tempted to give up my pre-order for the Studio Half-Eye kit as this Bandai one looks to be the one to get.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

[drools]Buster Machines with launch pad...[/drools]

Edit: By the way, I am almost tempted to give up my pre-order for the Studio Half-Eye kit as this Bandai one looks to be the one to get.

416819[/snapback]

Yea, the Chogokin one looks 10x better. And it's cheaper and probably bigger too.

Studio Halfeye Gunbuster review and Pictures :ph34r: looks really sweet to me :)

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/EYE-GUNBUSTER_1.htm

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/EYE-GUNBUSTER_2.htm

Edited by zeo-mare

Studio Halfeye Gunbuster review and Pictures :ph34r:  looks really sweet to me :)

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/EYE-GUNBUSTER_1.htm

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/EYE-GUNBUSTER_2.htm

417501[/snapback]

Well, you'd figure they would get the coloring of the bands right for a toy costing $500 plus dollars, unless this is the prototype. Thank god someone posted those images, because mine ain't ever coming out of it's box. With its size, it looks as if too much can go wrong with it. Oh yeah, note the size also, as it is placed right next to the new Xebec toy. Geez, that Bandai model is looking more and more promising. Since I am a freakin' completist, I'll go ahead and keep my pre-order for the Studio Halfeye. However, I may go ahead and get two of the Chogokin models, one to keep and the other to play with.

EYE-GUNBUSTER_32.JPG

Its smaller than i imagined. I liked the back on this one better than the SOC. The SOC looks like it has kibble on its back and this one's just nice.

What's the words on the buster beam btw? That looks sorta cool.