The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

Strange thing is, I don't recognize half of what's listed on the back of the Buster Beam shirt. Buster Homerun, Buster Tomahawk, Buster Ring, and strangest of all, Buster Cowboy? :ph34r::blink:

Drama CD's I believe.

Strange thing is, I don't recognize half of what's listed on the back of the Buster Beam shirt. Buster Homerun, Buster Tomahawk, Buster Ring, and strangest of all, Buster Cowboy? :ph34r::blink:

Drama CD's I believe.

Yep. They are from the radio dramas, all of which can be found on the complete Sound Collection of Gunbuster 3 CD set. If you have the Kaiyodo action figure, the Gunbuster comes with the Buster Homerun and Buster Tomahawk weapons.

Yep. They are from the radio dramas, all of which can be found on the complete Sound Collection of Gunbuster 3 CD set. If you have the Kaiyodo action figure, the Gunbuster comes with the Buster Homerun and Buster Tomahawk weapons.

Got pictures of these?

Got pictures of these?

Yep. Go to http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuster-Toys.html to see other images.

gunbuster-figure01c.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Well, the whole Gunbuster OAV was sorta based on the assumption that there was also a tv series with so many (i don't remember how many )episodes. Which of course didn't actually exist. So we get al the other "Buster" weapons and moves.

Doesn't the new PS2 game use these, as I think it was to take the place as an interactive version of the series which doesn't exist but, you have to pretend that does?

Well, the whole Gunbuster OAV was sorta based on the assumption that there was also a tv series with so many (i don't remember how many )episodes. Which of course didn't actually exist. So we get al the other "Buster" weapons and moves.

Doesn't the new PS2 game use these, as I think it was to take the place as an interactive version of the series which doesn't exist but, you have to pretend that does?

I remember that. They even went so far as to put next episode previews on the soundtrack.

according to Natioal Console Support, the game has the "episodes"

"The Gunbuster franchise enjoys a third story which is presented in interactive video game form on the PS2. Join Noriko Takaya, Kazumi Amano, Coach Ota, and the rest of the original cast in a completely new 25-episode action/adventure game where scenarios are split into world roaming interaction followed by full-blown Gunbuster action. In the world roaming portion, players interact with other characters, exercise, and work a few menial tasks. In the Gunbuster sequences, players pilot the mighty Gunbuster and bust up gangs of alien foes with weapons/moves such as the Buster Beam which pulverizes entire squadrons with a powerful laser cannon and the Super Lightning Kick. Similar to the original animation, Noriko bellows out commands which trigger the big robot's attacks. "

post-26-1107450306.jpg

After seeing the trailer for the game, I'm seriously debating on getting a PS2 capable of playing imports again...

seeing the RX-7's do Inazuma Kicks, The 2 Buster Machines with their beam lasers sweeping aliens, and the Gunbuster doing Buster Beam and scoring 1419 hits against enemies, Homing Laser doing 225,417 hits and counting (with Noriko screaming out Buster Beam and Homing Laser just like the anime), seeing the Buster Tomahawk and Home Run in action, plus Super Inazuma Kick with accompanying screaming at the top of their lungs by Noriko and Kazumi...oy.

Wonder how much of the game is "digital comic" and how much is action.

I want it.

Edited by Gaijin

After seeing the trailer for the game, I'm seriously debating on getting a PS2 capable of playing imports again...

seeing the RX-7's do Inazuma Kicks, The 2 Buster Machines with their beam lasers sweeping aliens, and the Gunbuster doing Buster Beam and scoring 1419 hits against enemies, Homing Laser doing 225,417 hits and counting (with Noriko screaming out Buster Beam and Homing Laser just like the anime), seeing the Buster Tomahawk and Home Run in action, plus Super Inazuma Kick with accompanying screaming at the top of their lungs by Noriko and Kazumi...oy.

Wonder how much of the game is "digital comic" and how much is action.

I want it.

Is the trailer available to download somewhere?

I played/stumbled through the first few episodes last night (I just got to the Excelion). The game works like Sakura Taisen, but without the time-limited conversation selections. You walk up to people to initiate conversation. You can pick a general topic from a list (that seems to grow over time), but don't have mid-conversation choices (at least so far). You cycle through cutscenes (real-time, and from the OVA), exploration on-foot, mini-games/training, conversations, and combat. There's opening and ending credits (with the songs from the OVA) for each episode (which you can skip) along with the mid-episode eyecatch. I presume the OP will change as the "show" progresses. The game runs in a high-res mode, so the text is very sharp. Noriko's facial expressions are great, and there's tons of speech! It seems like I'll be able to get through the game without knowing a huge amount of Japanese. There seems to be some sort of inventory system that I'll need to figure out. There's also a place to configure/upgrade(?) your special attacks. I got the first one (Inazuma Kiiiiik) after the duel on Earth. The game is available for $65 at http://www.ncsx.com. It seems to be worthy for Gunbuster fans!

Is the trailer available to download somewhere?

You can try here if the link still works: http://animejapan.cplaza.ne.jp/b-ch/specia...top_pv_500k.asx

That is SICK! That was so sweet it made me crap my pants. Part cell shaded Xenosaga, part ZOE, and add in a dash of "bounce", and its got me drooling! Damn, son!

That is SICK! That was so sweet it made me crap my pants. Part cell shaded Xenosaga, part ZOE, and add in a dash of "bounce", and its got me drooling! Damn, son!

You got that right! The only import games I have ever bought were the PC Engine Gunbuster games when I still had a working system and Typing Gunbuster for the PC, but this new game has prompted me to buy it, and a compatible system to go with it. I can't wait until I get it!

You got that right! The only import games I have ever bought were the PC Engine Gunbuster games when I still had a working system and Typing Gunbuster for the PC, but this new game has prompted me to buy it, and a compatible system to go with it. I can't wait until I get it!

Give us the lowdown when it arrives. I need a PS2 that plays imports again.