The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

Got mine today. I love em, except for how most of the mecha won't stand unassisted.

And I was very impressed with how accurate the Amano-type RX-7 is! It's not just a different head and paint scheme. All the parts except 3 of them are completely different!

I was also impressed with how they didn't use that crappy soft vinyl for everything. For some of the thinner parts, they used a stiffer plastic. And it worked very well, since very few of the toys' parts are warped.

In my case, I got..

Amano x 2

Noriko x 1

Jung x 2

Noriko RX-7 x 2

Amano RX-7 x 2

Gunbuster x 2

Cyzlar Black x 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wonders when if EVER will the GuBuster OVAs be released domestically on dvd.

We've discussed this ad naseum over on the Yahoo GunBuster Group. Stop by if time permits, you are all invited! ;)

Dude, two of the club's owners are frequent posters here. I'm one of them. :)

AreaSeven, who posts here quite a lot, is the club's original creator. Anyways, welcome to MW buddy!

As for the topic of Gunbuster on DVD here in North America, it's been discussed to death over here too. One can only hope.

And CD Japan finally shipped my new remastered set today along with my figures! Yay!

Wonders when if EVER will the GuBuster OVAs be released domestically on dvd.

We've discussed this ad naseum over on the Yahoo GunBuster Group. Stop by if time permits, you are all invited!  ;)

Dude, two of the club's owners are frequent posters here. I'm one of them. :)

AreaSeven, who posts here quite a lot, is the club's original creator. Anyways, welcome to MW buddy!

As for the topic of Gunbuster on DVD here in North America, it's been discussed to death over here too. One can only hope.

And CD Japan finally shipped my new remastered set today along with my figures! Yay!

Arg. I'm still waiting for mine to ship, and the figures are listed as being OOP.

Just got my figure sets and DVD's today! Freakin' EMS is fast too. I just got notified yesterday morning they had shipped and they showed up early this evening. I will eventually get around to watching the remastered DVD's especially the pan and scan version of episode six, but I'm kind of taken with my figures. I ordered three cases and by sheer luck I ended up with all 9 figures on the first try. Pictures of them all will be posted on my site on the Toys page as soon as I can get them uploaded. As for the other two cases, I am keeping one, and possibly putting the other up for auction on eBay sooner or later for who ever may want it.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Just got my figure sets and DVD's today! Freakin' EMS is fast too. I just got notified yesterday morning they had shipped and they showed up early this evening. I will eventually get around to watching the remastered DVD's especially the pan and scan version of episode six, but I'm kind of taken with my figures. I ordered three cases and by sheer luck I ended up with all 9 figures on the first try. Pictures of them all will be posted on my site on the Toys page as soon as I can get them uploaded. As for the other two cases, I am keeping one, and possibly putting the other up for auction on eBay sooner or later for who ever may want it.

Aha! So you're why they're sold out already.

New Update!: Hobby Link Japan is now selling t-shirts! Get them while you can! Below are the images of the two shirts they have for sale. Too bad they don't have them in beefy sizes for guys like me, but I would never wear it anyway. I will still get a few for my growing collection.

post-26-1106451905_thumb.gif

Hi,

I really really want a few of those trading figures, but I don't want to spend near $100 for a whole set. So would someone be interested in a trade? I'm looking for the 3 character figs(Noriko, Jung, Amano) and the 2 RX-7s(Amano's and Noriko's).

To trade, I have:

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 Megatron (no box but all parts and stickers are there[stickers unnapplied] )

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 MIB Ultra Magnus

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 MIB Starscream

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 Soundwave(opened box and ripped out the leaflet[artwork] but stickers unnapplied and toy never played with)

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 Insecticons(opened box and ripped out the leaflet[artwork] but stickers unnapplied and toy never played with)

-1 Optimus Prime SCF action figure battle-damaged version(opened box)

-1 Rodimus Prime SCF action figure(opened box)

-1 Starscream SCF action figure MIB

-1 Kaiyodo Asuka figure(the one with the interchangeable heads and arms), loose.

-1 KareKano DVD Vol. 1 opened

-1 Berserk Skullknight action figure MIB

-1 Berserk Black Swordsman action figure (first version with wall-floor base) opened box

-3 loose Berserk mini-figures(Hawk Casca, Hawk Gatsu, Hawk Griffith)

-I also have a few(not many) vintage Star Wars/GI-Joe figs/TF figs

- a few TF trading figs(Hasbro versions)

-1 GI Joe Cobra Commander bust (opened box)

-1 GI Joe Serpentor bust(opened box)

-1 Faye(cowboy Bebop) bust(Dark Horse), opened box

I have some other small stuff too.

Anyone interested? PM me if so. (I apologise if this belongs in the Wanted section)

By the way, I'd be willing to give more in value than what I get(not TOO much more though! [i.e. not Megatron for just 1 Gunbuster fig!] )

Edited by alien26

Hi,

I really really want a few of those trading figures, but I don't want to spend near $100 for a whole set. So would someone be interested in a trade? I'm looking for the 3 character figs(Noriko, Jung, Amano) and the 2 RX-7s(Amano's and Noriko's).

To trade, I have:

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 Megatron (no box but all parts and stickers are there[stickers unnapplied] )

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 MIB Ultra Magnus

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 MIB Starscream

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 Soundwave(opened box and ripped out the leaflet[artwork] but stickers unnapplied and toy never played with)

-1 japanese re-issue Transformers Generation 1 Insecticons(opened box and ripped out the leaflet[artwork] but stickers unnapplied and toy never played with)

-1 Optimus Prime SCF action figure battle-damaged version(opened box)

-1 Rodimus Prime SCF action figure(opened box)

-1 Starscream SCF action figure MIB

-1 Kaiyodo Asuka figure(the one with the interchangeable heads and arms), loose.

-1 KareKano DVD Vol. 1 opened

-1 Berserk Skullknight action figure MIB

-1 Berserk Black Swordsman action figure (first version with wall-floor base) opened box

-3 loose Berserk mini-figures(Hawk Casca, Hawk Gatsu, Hawk Griffith)

-I also have a few(not many) vintage Star Wars/GI-Joe figs/TF figs

- a few TF trading figs(Hasbro versions)

-1 GI Joe Cobra Commander bust (opened box)

-1 GI Joe Serpentor bust(opened box)

-1 Faye(cowboy Bebop) bust(Dark Horse), opened box

I have some other small stuff too.

Anyone interested? PM me if so. (I apologise if this belongs in the Wanted section)

By the way, I'd be willing to give more in value than what I get(not TOO much more though! [i.e. not Megatron for just 1 Gunbuster fig!] )

You could just sell those on ebayor the for sale section here and get money to buy a whole gunbuster box. it's only 60 bucks plush shipping. What you go there is more than enough to buy plenty of them

Edited by Gunbuster

What I will probably do is order those shirts and have my brother's mom-in-law make them in a larger size for me since I am such a fat ass. She is a silkscreener at Northrup-Grumman and can make anything.

I ordered them all. If this sounds like a good idea to you...perhaps I could lend you those shirts for your relative to use to make larger ones for those interested. If she could do that, you know make a few for those interested... What do ya think?

I'd love to get those shirts. At Fanime last year, someone was selling anime shirts for a buck each. I got a nice Evangelion one, and then I found an old Animecon 91 T. Needless to say, the moment I saw Noriko on the front, I had to get it, even if it is too small for me.

Strange thing is, I don't recognize half of what's listed on the back of the Buster Beam shirt. Buster Homerun, Buster Tomahawk, Buster Ring, and strangest of all, Buster Cowboy? :ph34r::blink:

The official site has posted a new trailer for episode 2 of Diebuster. It has a Feb. 24 release date. Not that anyone here cares. B))

Diebuster second episode trailer

I've found that downloading the file seems to work if the link doesn't work off the bat.

Apparently the single by Round Table goes on sale around the same time. Whatever that means. <_<

Man I hope Fanime has some dealers with this stuff this year.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus