Yamato Parts Service

robokochan

I for one think it's a great idea. I personally think you should go for it, as it probably would be convient for many people here (myself included) to have somebody in Japan ordering the parts they need (canopies excepted) to fix their hurting Yammie.

If you were to compile a list, would part R-L1 and L-L1 be on that list? They're the top most leg section, the one with the hip joint in them in the 1:60 Valks. As far as I know they come in several variants. For as you may or may not know, my R-L1 on my VF-1J is damaged.

In anycase GO FOR IT!

Edited by VF-19

That would be a great service! Thanks for even looking into this! :)

Since reading the other post about Yamato parts from HLJ, I've been tempted to try to order the cockpit floor/seat piece for the Hikaru 1A 1/48 and the Roy 1S 1/48. But I can't find the part number in the manual(s). It is possible that part BD6, which is the bottom half of the fuselage, includes the seat/cockpit floor. But, I can't be sure.

I think it would be nice to have replacement parts to return my valks to "factory" condition after I have shaved that part down to reduce/eliminate the fuselage/nose gap. I don't think that counts as a mod. It's more of a repair! :)

Anyways, I'd definitely order these two parts if they were available. But, again, I can't be any more specific about the part number. :(

Here's the best I can do to list the part #s

Cockpit Seat&Floor / BD6(?) / 1/48 / Hikaru VF-1A

Cockpit Seat&Floor / BD6(?) / 1/48 / Roy VF-1S

Edited by Hurin

Is it possible to order the parts to update a VF-1s with the parts that have changed since it was released? like the ones that they changed on the VF-1a Max type? That would sort of be a custom I guess, but If I'm going to plunk down $$$ for a 1:48, I want one that has the latest refinements, but doesn't look like a unicorn...

I've been reading these here MW forums since the yamato 1:60 vf-1a hikaru came out. but this is my first post. you are a godsend! I broke my 1/48 hikaru the day I got it... In my defense though, Graham did the same thing (see his supplimental review of said valk).

Backpack hinge/ BP8/ 1:48/ Hikaru type VF-1a

If I get my hands on such a part..... oh I dream of such a thing...

Edited by DrClay

Hey Monkey, would it be possible to get S type heads. But it is worth asking, because HLJ doesn't carry them.

Thanks Hurricane

That is also one part I need! Not for a custom, but because I really screwed mine up trying to fix the seam on my Roy VF-1S. :( ...I have issues with using too much putty! (and BTW, just for everyone else...squadron green putty sucks!! )

Hello,

Okay I have gotten the go ahead from my partner to try and do a first "Test" Order. You can either post the part you need here or PM me or E-Mail me (monkeynugget77@hotmail.com).

All I need now is someone to send them to. Any volunteers? If I can send them to one person it will save everyone tremendously on the shipping. Otherwise shipping will start at $10.00 and up.

Here's the break down. I have a general idea of what everyone will be needing. I am only going to work on broken pieces this time. In the future we may try to do the up-grade stuff.

I want to send an order in to Yamato within the next 2 weeks. That will give everyone a chance to get thier order in.

On top of the part price we need to charge and additional $2.00 service fee a max of $10.00. For example if you order 2 parts the fee would be $4.00 on top of the parts price. If you order 15 pieces then the total would be $10.00 on top of the parts price. This is for my partner who will be dealing with the Service Department. And trust me it is not an easy task and requires alot of patience (ALOT OF PATIENCE).

I am still unsure of the 1/60 line and I will find out on Monday when we call them. I will post all updates in this Thread.

I hope this can go smoothly and it can last for awhile.

Rob MN

L-W1 (1/48 hikaru left wing)

R-A1 (1/60 hikaru right shoulder)

I know you said that you're unsure about the 1/60 line, but i wrote it down just in case :)

By the way, this is a great idea and it is greatly appreciated. I hope that it all works out in the end.

Can you explain what you mean about Yamato not releasing spare canopies? I received two spare canopies through HLJ.

I tired to order some canopy's before and they said they didn't sell them. It is one of those unsure items really. I can try to order them. They also said I couldn't order Heat Shields yet when I recieved my order I had the heat Shields. So I will place the orders but until the package actually arrives, I won't know what came. Hope that makes sense.

Rob

glad to help the forum out by doing this.we always wanted something like this from a manufacturer.replacement parts to fix our beloved toys.i'm east coast in the center.i think that costs less than shipping to say west coast.by doing this we can all save so much on shipping from overseas. and at the same time help yamato know what's going wrong with the valks we get.face it they made the 1/48 for us.macrossworld members covet the valkyrie & strive to see it best represented in a toy.each new 1/48 improves on the previous cause of our love to see the valkyrie perfected.damn,we sure don't get this from the others out there making valks.yamato's hookin us up.now you can get replacement parts shipped cheaper to you through me.why pay top dollar when a fellow valkyrie lover can donate time & make it easier for the rest of us. B) B)

I need 2 #C1 (Heat Shield 1/48 black), and 2 VF-1S 1/48 heads if they can still be ordered. Just let me know when, and where to pay. :D

P.S. What about the actual 1/48 gun pods, can they be ordered as well ? If so, I'd like 2 more of those as well. :D

Edited by Smut Peddler

Hi,

If you don't mind, I'm gonna add the front landing gear to my order and, if possible, ask you to move me into the "official order" category. Cuz I definitely want to do this! :)

Lower Half of Fuselage and/or Cockpit Seat & Floor / BD6 / 1/48 / Hikaru VF-1A

Lower Half of Fuselage and/or Cockpit Seat & Floor / BD6 / 1/48 / Roy VF-1S

Front Landing Gear / BD7 / 1/48 / Hikaru VF-1A

Front Landing Gear / BD7 / 1/48 / Roy VF-1S

I'm assuming the part #s are the same for both toys. Though If someone with the Roy manual could confirm, I'd appreciate it. Mine is in storage.

I'll PM you too.

Again, I'm very grateful to you for taking this task upon yourself. And thank your friend as well!

Best Regards,

Hurin

Hello Guys,

I just had my partner get off the phone with Yamato. Kinda hard to get through sometimes. Anyway I have some bad news.

1. No heads on any Valks. This is new. I guess they had alot of people order large amounts of Heads so they stopped completely. Sorry.

2. Also about the 1/60 Valks. They have some parts, but only for the recent releases. They are concentrating on making parts for the 1/48 scale only. So it looks as though everthing released in the future by the way of Valkyries will be 1/48 scale. I guess that is good news and Bad news.

3. No canopy's. This is the 3rd time I have asked. They just won't sell them to me.

4. No Hands. They didn't give a reason. Seems like a common piece. If anyone needs one in the future I will try again.

So orders will be limited to 1/48 scale. I will be updating a list of available parts here soon.

I also have a request. If someone could scan the parts section in the VF-1S manual and post them here or E-mail me with it I would be grateful. I don't have it in the shop, and I don't have one. I want to do a parts comparison to see if they are the same.

Thanks.

Rob

Here is an item I haven't seen anyone inquire about: How about the possibility of getting sticker sheets for the various Valkyries (1/48 and 1/60)? Having extra sheets of official Yamato stickers could be very handy, and I know I'd be interested in getting a few 1/60s and one 1/48 at this time.

Now, concerning the hip pieces, were you able to find out what variation of the VF-1 are the hip pieces available for? As long as I get the parts that were released after the 1J I should be able to repaint them to the appropriate colour... Provided, that there isn't any hidden differences of course...

PS they're the R-L1 and L-L1 on all VF-1s done by Yamato.

I need both the left and right leg intakes, Parts R-L2 and L-L2, for my 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru.

I also need Part BC1, the chestplate, and L-W1, the left wing for my 1/48 VF-1S Roy.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Anubis