Clear 1/48 FAST Pack Parts

Graham

Guys,

The new January 2004 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (just out), has details of a mail-in campaign for some clear FAST Pack covers for the Yamato 1/48 (see pic below).

As best as I can figure, you need to cut out some coupons that come with the magazine and mail them in along with ¥1,500. As usual, I'm guessing this offer is only available for readers in Japan :(

Dengeki Hobby magazine has had quite a few of these mail-in offers before, but usually they are for limited edition color scheme Gundam Mobile Suit in Action (MSiA) toys. This will be the first time for a Macross item.

As you can see from the page below, I think the Yamato 1/1 scale flight helmets are also part of the mail-in campaign as well. It looks like just the helmet by itself is ¥158,000 and the helmet with shoulder/back/chest piece is ¥238,000!

Graham

Too bad, I would love a set of clear armour parts for display.

On the topic of the helmets, absolutely gorgeous, I would love to have a set with the shoulderpads and whatnot. Best Halloween/Convention costume ever! Unfortunately, Yamato just wants far too much for the damned things. I understand they probably went all out and made them very high quality, but you can pick up decent Star Wars helmets for like 40 bucks, while they might not be as high a quality as these, they're prefect for what a fan would want them for. Unless I come into a lot of money, I just can't justify buying those.

If, however, Yamato makes a different set, lower quality plastics all lightly and hollow, basically the Macross equivilent of those Star Wars helmets...then they'd have a huge market ready to snatch them up. For 40 bucks a pop for the helmet and 40 for the shoulders/backpack, heck, even $100-200 for the set(with rising quality depending on how big the price tag is), I know a bunch of people that would pick up a set instantly.

Hey Graham,

Are you going to get a 1/1 DYRL helmet? Or Yamato will be giving you a sample? :lol :p

By the way Graham, have you got the 1/48 VF-1J/Fps? Will you kindly do a review on both the VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1J/Fps if you have the time?

Thanks

Cheers

HMmmm...

Im thinking hard....trying to resist the power of the sithlord....

Get the 1/1 DYRL Helmet....get the helmet...get the helmet....

NOOoooooo.....it worth the value of 12 1/48s...and a whole month's pay....arrrggghh...its look so beautiful and tempting...im going to hate yet love myself if i get it..!!

I never being this troubled before ..except for exams...

:p:D:lol:;):):blink::unsure::):blink::unsure::huh:

Actually, I take that back - it all depends on the surface finish of the parts. If they have a dull finish, the clear parts may come out more opaque than clear. It'd require polishing of the armor parts before casting them...

or in the cockpit, or in the wings (would be cool).

is it possible to mold transparent plastic "at home" ?

It's possible - as long as you have the proper tools. Transparent resins are highly susceptible to bubbles, and are typically thicker, so you'd need a vacuum chamber to remove all air bubbles presnt after mixing the resin - if there is even one air bubble, the cast will be ruined. It all depends on how much money you want to put into your hobby tools - I personally need these kinds of tools, so I have a nice vacuum chamber and pressure chamber, along with a vacuum pump and compressor.

hmmmm, clear Fast Pack........

interesting,

but it doesn't look as good with the bottom part of the pack opaque.

it should be 100% clear so that it is uniform

the bottom parts of the FaST Packs don't have any "real" parts to reveal, so having them transparent would only show metal pegs and screw threads. Having them translucent or white would be the better choice.

What we need is a MW Member who lives in Japan, and is willing to let us have ours sent to his/her address. I think copies of Dengeki Hobby can be bought in the US, so we should be able to send in our own coupons and money. Of course, if this person were willing to take care of all of the above for us, I'm sure some of us would be willing to pay for his/her time and troubles.

Just a suggestion.

What we need is a MW Member who lives in Japan, and is willing to let us have ours sent to his/her address. I think copies of Dengeki Hobby can be bought in the US, so we should be able to send in our own coupons and money. Of course, if this person were willing to take care of all of the above for us, I'm sure some of us would be willing to pay for his/her time and troubles.

Just a suggestion.

Someone available?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

up. For 40 bucks a pop for the helmet and 40 for the shoulders/backpack, heck, even $100-200 for the set(with rising quality depending on how big the price tag is), I know a bunch of people that would pick up a set instantly.

Exactly. I would definently pick up one of those Hikaru helmet/shoulder pad flight suits if the price was low enough. It's unfortunate that Yamato is selling the set for well over $1000 :blink: . Too bad Yamato.......if you made the price competitive you'd have a BIG SELLER on your hands.

RECAST anyone? B))

If only Yamato would knock one of those extra zeros off of the price for the helmets and shoulderpads/backpacks...

Of course, they technically can charge whatever they want, since they're the only ones making it (or anything like it at all, really), but there's always a point at which a price is just TOO MUCH!

Clear FPs ? I was expecting something like that (actually I was expecting a limited Ed semi-clear valkyrie ).

Would I buy that helmet ? HELL NO! for that price I´m better off buying a real helmet that actually looks good on someone´s head aand protects my damn brain. In the other hand if they made 1/3 or 1/5 collection helmets from the various series such as Macross Zero I would buy them in a blink of an eye (given that they´re around the price of a 1/60).

Hello All,

Many of you have e-mailed me and PM'd me on getting these Clear Fast-Packs. Personally I would rather not deal with YAMATO again. I also haven't even had time to go to the book store and pick up my copy of Dengenki Hobby Yet. (No Subscription). Anyway I will look into it and see what the rules are for this. If it is feasable then I will try. I will contact the one's who have already PM'd or E-Mailed me first. Please do not flood me with requests, if I can do a group order then I will.

Rob MN

Okay here is the deal. This is a limited offer and they will sell out fast. And this is Frist Come Frist Serve. Paypal Only! No exceptions. Those who have contacted me already get priority. I will be PMing you shortly.

This is what we can do. I discussed it with my partner and he said that we can do it.

They will be $38.00 per set. No limit on the amount you order as long as you purchase the book as well. This price includes the following:

Price of the Book - 980 yen

The Fast-Packs - 1500 yen

Shipping to us - 700 yen

Tax - 75 yen

Service Fee - 1305 yen

TOTAL - 4180 yen

According to the book they will be sent to the people who placed an order in MARCH 2004. We will not get them until then. When we recieve them I will E-Mail the people who ordered with the shipping total to your area.

Those interested I can send them my Paypal account number. If by chance the books are sold out and I can't get anymore your money will be refunded.

The FINAL DAY TO GET THE ORDER IN TO YAMATO IS DEC. 20th. BY THEN THE BOOKS WILL BE SOLD OUT. We will offer this until Dec. 20th or until books sell out. PLEASE E-MAIL me the request so that I am sure to get it. monkeynugget77@hotmail.com

Rob

(edited for more info)

Edited by Monkey-N

Personally I would rather not deal with YAMATO again.

My curiosity is piqued. Care to share (or is it addressed already in the forums somewhere?).

My curiosity is piqued. Care to share (or is it addressed already in the forums somewhere?).

Addressed in the spare parts thread a month back or so.

Just wondering, but that's an awfully cheap price. Looks like they're only giving away the clear parts and not the entire FP.

Addressed in the spare parts thread a month back or so.

Just wondering, but that's an awfully cheap price. Looks like they're only giving away the clear parts and not the entire FP.

Yes, I was under the impression that it was just the micro-missle launcher covers, main booster covers, and leg booster covers.