Sdcc 2006 Toynami Exclusive Valk

xstoys

if anyone buys extras and would be willing to part with one, i would defineately like one. anyone from nor cal going there that can hook me up? pm me if you can, thanks! by the way the head doesn't look that bad, its just in a weird angle and pose....i think :rolleyes:

I assume that the pics aren't of the same toy in all three shots since the gerwalk mode is marked 011, but the fighter and battroid modes have the correct 001.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

That does stink about the cockpit detail. Still I'd like one if they are only $20. It looks like a step up from the Banprestos anyway. Is anyone going there that could snag an extra one (in addition to Dax's) and ship it to a fellow MWer that's on the east coast? I've bought from a bunch of guys here, and have never flaked out on anyone. I'd really appreciate it.

If not, I'll just wait until they hit Ebay :( .

I don't know guys. Aren't you all being just a little too hard on these? I'm just happy that the canopies are going to be clear! For a while there, I was afraid they were going to be painted blue.

Besides, how much cockpit detail could they have gotten at such a small scale at such low price? (don't have the Banprestos, so I wouldn't know what's been achieved before)

these looks very similar to banprestos, what's goin on.

I actually prefer banprestos solid canopys to clear ones with no pilot detail. it looks like a ghost valk. tinting the windows is cool on ANY ride :-)

when were these first announced i've never heard of them!

The cockpit is TOTALLY photoshoped btw. also i don' thtink the head itself looks bad, but it's neck is too long, thats what makes it look weird.

Edited by KingNor

Banprestos? Not to me.

These look like variable versions of the super poseable figures toynami put out some years back. I am almost sure the head is reused. Hell the size seems pretty similar as well.

As for banpresto, eh I think these look more refined. The banprestos looked very scrawny, but then I say to myself, "what more can i expect for a candy machine toy?":

And when I look at the new toynamis I say "what more can I expect for a 20$ toy?".

Its bang for the buck, you get 4 sets of regular missles, 4 DYRL cluster missles in the black box, a STAND that can be used in all 3 modes, a toy that has superior sculpting and articulation to the MPC's, and a VF-1 in a scale not used since bandai in the mid 80's, and heck this toy does blow the bandai 1/100 DYRL hikaru VF-1A away in every sense of the word aside retractable landing gear. Not to mention the box looks like it can be reusable as well.

And cockpit detail would be pretty simple at that scale...if not minimal. Have you guys seen 1/100 fighter cockpits? They are not even close to 1/60! Tiny in comparison.

I see banprestos selling from 12-17$. This line is set for 20$ releases. I'd pay the

20$. And besides knowing the simplicity of these smaller toys, they probably will have better qc than toynami's bigger MPC releases.

And Kingnor these were first announced months back@fall toyfair 05. Figures.com had the first pics.

TO me these are basically what the super poseable figures "SHOULD have been".

what scale were the banpresto variables?  1/100ish right?  just wondering how big 1/100 is in a valk.

409096[/snapback]

I think they were smaller... like 1/144. My takatoku 1/100 is about 1/3 bigger than that. Maybe 4 inches tall.

what scale were the banpresto variables?   1/100ish right?  just wondering how big 1/100 is in a valk.

409096[/snapback]

I think they were smaller... like 1/144. My takatoku 1/100 is about 1/3 bigger than that. Maybe 4 inches tall.

409102[/snapback]

banpresto were 1/144.

EXO, can you post size comparison pics between your taka 1/100 and other valks?

Count me out. I'm not giving that company any of my money. I'll stick with my Banpresto VF-1S Focker. After actually seeing the MPC Veritechs and all, I'm not going to flush money down the toilet on these things.

another comic con exclusive.  :(

any chance someone could be so kind as to pick one up for me while they're out there?

409178[/snapback]

I WILL GLADLY PAYPAL THE $$$$$ TO ANYBODY WHO CAN PLLLLLLLEASE PICK ME UP ONE OF THESE HIKARUS!!!!!!!! PLUS I'LL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND, PLUS I HAVE SOME STUFF FOR TRADE/SALE WHATEVER YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN IF YOU LIKE 1/48!!!! I'LL BE YOUR SLAVE!!!

Thank you. I will now try to retain my dignity.

*crosses fingers and prays for a PM*

According to TayFare Magazine, price will be $25:

Toynami

• Naruto Nine Tailed Fox Statue (limited to 200), $125

• Macross 1/100 scale Valkyrie Fighter VF-1S Hikaru (limited to 1000), $25

That head looks horrible

any ideas on the price they'd ask for that?

408931[/snapback]

The Banprestos aren't 1/144, I used to have a 1/144 VF and it was smaller than a Banpresto.  I'd say the Banpresto is somewhere around 1/120.

Regarding the 1/100 SDCC exclusive: have any of Toynami's SDCC exclusive toys ever become rare & valuable?

409192[/snapback]

That might be because the banpresto had all the transformation joints bulging out and built into the design.

I think the doyushas were 1/144 but I might be wrong.

I think the SDCC VF-1D went for a high price a while after it was over.

Either way the hikaru 1s is just 5$ over MSRP so its not bad for a limited edition exclusive.

From my own previous experience and from what I've seen, Toynami's exclusives really are not that hard to find after the shows. Toynami offers them up to eager retailers after they cannot sell them. I've bought the Clear Morphers, Poseable VF1D, and the Blue Metallic Alpha with no success in turning them around for a small profit. The only hard to find item(s) to date is the VF1J Bookend and perhaps the VF1S Hikaru Poseable....

-K

i wonder if they'll release fastpacks for these little guys..... i may pick up a few for those who want em....

409238[/snapback]

I think they confirmed they would some months back.

409240[/snapback]

really??? how lame... they need to start releasing them together.... fastpacks and valks.... so there's gonna be another $10 or so set for armor??? yeesh!!!

i wonder if they'll release fastpacks for these little guys..... i may pick up a few for those who want em....

409238[/snapback]

I think they confirmed they would some months back.

409240[/snapback]

really??? how lame... they need to start releasing them together.... fastpacks and valks.... so there's gonna be another $10 or so set for armor??? yeesh!!!

409243[/snapback]

They are going to release it with the Beta/Tread. :rolleyes:

That head looks like a superposeable head and it looks like it was just put on there for pics or it was photoshopped. Seems weird that they would do that since they should already have the head for the 1/100 Roy.

As for the rarity of their exclusives....the early ones weren't hard to find, but I think that's because they were crappy and not limited. The bookends and I think the Hikaru 1S poseable were limited to smaller numbers and they actually would sell out.