tekering

tekering's BItComp entry #3 - VF-11 Thunderbolt Super Battroid resin kit

Posted (edited)

In the hopes that the "Built It Competition" hosted by @Return To Kit Form exceeds 20 entries ('cause I'm dead-set on getting a 1:72 Norbert Gerard Power Armour kit!), I've decided to devote all my resources to the task... meaning I'm gonna spend the next six months building all three of my Macross resin kits.  

The third and final entry is the oldest kit, and will definitely prove the most challenging; it's also the only officially-licensed resin kit I own, produced by Hobby Base RETPPU.

I bought it nearly 25 years ago, back when Macross Plus was the hottest property in the franchise.

1389014709_VF-11parts.thumb.jpg.d8ecc89c20c801e1f95dc96a05358b22.jpg

And wouldn't you know it, 25 years later, Macross Plus is STILL the hottest property in the franchise.  B))

Edited by tekering

That’s a sweet kit! Love the gunpod!

Boy, I didn’t think to try multiple entries. You’re an animal @tekering:)

in 15 minutes of postings Tek commits to more Completed resin kits than many members have completed in 15 years :D

18 hours ago, Duymon said:

in 15 minutes of postings Tek commits to more Completed resin kits than many members have completed in 15 years :D

"He's more machine than man now. Twisted and evil"

Haha great selection Ted! You certainly have got tons of work cut out for yourself - good luck!

Well, this is interesting:

A Macross Plus 1:72 VF-11 Super Thunderbolt by Hasegawa, and a Macross Plus 1:72 VF-11 Super Thunderbolt by Hobby Base RETPPU.

1112574697_statedscales.thumb.jpg.fc97e068d5d90033dab201febabe76d7.jpg

I would expect some parts to exhibit minor scale discrepancies -- wings and feet, especially -- since the kits represent different modes...

419188819_scalingdiscrepancy.thumb.jpg.33bef97562c32dabca7295761b9919e6.jpg

...but this is unbelievable!

These kits are clearly NOT to scale.  :blink:

Posted (edited)

That’s redonkulous..

Its way beyond stylistic differences!

Who’s version is true 1/72?  I can’t imagine  Hasegawa has had it wrong all this time,  but :unknw:

The Retppu looks better..

Edited by Bolt

32 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Who’s version is true 1/72?

I tend to give Hasegawa the benefit of the doubt.  Their 1:72 pilot scale seems consistent with other Macross merchandise...

1408564351_Macrosspilotscales.jpg.151652dcba9512f281ed4026420a4474.jpg

...and their packaging demonstrates the proper use of a colon to denote scale (something a lot of people don't seem to understand).  :p