Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yeah not sure whats happening there with HLJ.

But, if one can consistently manage to secure pre-orders despite the hiccups, then all is good. 

Anyway, good to know abt the login issues beforehand. Wouldnt want to run into it on the preorder day itself..
 

Edited by seti88
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums, but thanks to you guys' intel I've secured quite a few valks during PO madness season.

So just sharing this here in case it helps anyone: 

A local seller in my home country (Malaysia) has posted up an early preorder for the VF-1S Roy Focker Special. The price after conversion is around $310 USD (shipping not included).

Not sure how that will stack up to the scalper prices, but I've gone ahead and preordered one. Their page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/EMTnRYorozuya/

(Just FYI, I'm not affiliated with this shop and have never bought from them before - but their feedback seems solid.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Octopus Prime said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums, but thanks to you guys' intel I've secured quite a few valks during PO madness season.

So just sharing this here in case it helps anyone: 

A local seller in my home country (Malaysia) has posted up an early preorder for the VF-1S Roy Focker Special. The price after conversion is around $310 USD (shipping not included).

Not sure how that will stack up to the scalper prices, but I've gone ahead and preordered one. Their page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/EMTnRYorozuya/

(Just FYI, I'm not affiliated with this shop and have never bought from them before - but their feedback seems solid.)

Hi, I am from Singapore and at that price it definitely is scalper price, but if some one is willing to pay, more power to them. The actual retail price is around 19000 yen, so you do the math.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyffon said:

Hi, I am from Singapore and at that price it definitely is scalper price, but if some one is willing to pay, more power to them. The actual retail price is around 19000 yen, so you do the math.

Scalper price is moot to me, because that's not far from the price most people will be paying anyway, when they don't get their PO. Plus it'll be worth that much or more in the aftermarket.

I'll still try to PO but this is my backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saying what I feel bro, but more power to you if you are willing to pay that price, I definitely will not and have not paid that kind of price for any of my toys unless that was the msrp, and even then, I never buy anything that expensive. I guess I am cheap that way

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sqidd said:

I don't believe that you're not the seller. Your first post is spam? Yeah, not a ton of trust and credibility there.

And you offer is no bargain. Nor does it offer any "features". I can skip the PO and pick them up on release day from established sellers (like Amazon JP for instance) for what you're offering.

I suspect you are right sqidd, looking at the post count. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sqidd said:

I don't believe that you're not the seller. Your first post is spam? Yeah, not a ton of trust and credibility there.

And you offer is no bargain. Nor does it offer any "features". I can skip the PO and pick them up on release day from established sellers (like Amazon JP for instance) for what you're offering.

Wow, are you having a bad day or something? Why the hostility? 

I'm not the seller, I just figured I'd share a shop link and give people some options, like countless people do around here.

I don't have a way to prove I'm not the seller, nor do I have the desire. The page has a decent number of likes and reviews though - would they really need to resort to such cheap tactics as posting up fake accounts in forums? 

And I didn't say it's a good deal or a bargain either. Although it could be a decent option for anyone in Southeast Asia who doesn't want to pay the shipping and import tax from Japanese sellers. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I suspect you are right sqidd, looking at the post count. 

Like I acknowledged in my first post: I'm new here.

Is there a rule somewhere here that sharing a shop link in your first post makes you a scammer/scummy marketer?

If so, my bad.

Guess I'll just need to stick around here then, to prove you're both wrong :)

 

 

 

 

Edited by Octopus Prime
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Octopus Prime said:

Wow, are you having a bad day or something? Why the hostility? 

I'm not the seller, I just figured I'd share a shop link and give people some options, like countless people do around here.

I don't have a way to prove I'm not the seller, nor do I have the desire. The page has a decent number of likes and reviews though - would they really need to resort to such cheap tactics as posting up fake accounts in forums? 

And I didn't say it's a good deal or a bargain either. Although it could be a decent option for anyone in Southeast Asia who doesn't want to pay the shipping and import tax from Japanese sellers. 

 

You sound exactly like someone trying to talk someone else into something........hard. Nothing about your posts (all four of them) sounds like "just trying to help guys!".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

Over $430sgd exclude shipping? No thanks, as there will certainly be plenty of options in Buyee for less than $400sgd that includes shipping.

Yeah, that pricing feels criminal out of the gate, maybe malaysian pay high premiums for their toys, but more power to those whom feel that at that price its a steal. I know I don’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Yeah, that pricing feels criminal out of the gate, maybe malaysian pay high premiums for their toys, but more power to those whom feel that at that price its a steal. I know I don’t.

A lot of Malaysian sellers tend to charge based on the sum of the prevailing Japanese resale market price, plus shipping, plus import tax.

Nobody thinks it's a steal though. That's just what you grudgingly pay if don't get your PO from one of the usual sites.

There are some sellers though that charge based on the actual PO price. Unfortunately they can't always fulfill their orders.

Edited by Octopus Prime
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chyll2 said:

@Octopus Prime

You said you are new to the forum. The folks here actually knows that and know how much it cost to get one if you fail to secure a PO. And NO, that is not one pay if they missed a PO.

I recently paid around $240USD for a DX Kakizaki on the secondary PO market (I missed the retail PO).

It's safe to say the VF-1S RF will cost significantly more than that on the secondary PO market, for anyone who misses the retail PO.

So I can't imagine sites like Nippon Yasan offering it for THAT much less than the shop I shared, especially once you factor in shipping and possible tax.

And I'm just sharing my thought process. Not desperately trying to promote that shop. I have no emotional or financial attachment to wherever you get your valks, lol.

Because no, I'm not the seller ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, crackpot said:

I heard it's NY only at this point but they're starting their POs at the marked up price beginning 5pm JST. :diablo:

5PM JST is the anticipated/expected time for start of PO?  I thought it was usually 4PM JST for past POs.  I'm thinking it's Ami-Ami, NY, and HLJ will be posting the PO.  Anyone had experience with Nin-Nin?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Octopus Prime said:

I recently paid around $240USD for a DX Kakizaki on the secondary PO market (I missed the retail PO).

It's safe to say the VF-1S RF will cost significantly more than that on the secondary PO market, for anyone who misses the retail PO.

So I can't imagine sites like Nippon Yasan offering it for THAT much less than the shop I shared, especially once you factor in shipping and possible tax.

And I'm just sharing my thought process. Not desperately trying to promote that shop. I have no emotional or financial attachment to wherever you get your valks, lol.

Because no, I'm not the seller ;)

 

Bro, you say you are not defending this shop yet you say “So I can't imagine sites like Nippon Yasan offering it for THAT much less than the shop I shared, especially once you factor in shipping and possible tax.” which is sort of defending them for their price point, so .......

Anyway whatever floats your boat and I do hope you get to offload Roy fokker at that price. Even if you are not the “seller”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Octopus Prime Whether or not you are the seller, the subtext to what other members are trying to tell you is this: it is bad form to come to the forum and use your first 9 or 10 posts to plug a sale. It is even worse to do so on the day of a pre-order in the dedicate toy thread. Not only is the toy forum the wrong place for this sort of thing, it also looks like you are trying to subvert forum rules. MW limits new accounts to the buy/sell forum until they contribute to the site with a set number of social posts.

A link to the forum rules:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/40-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

And in case this was an innocent misunderstanding, a link to the correct where to buy thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been able to get anime export to ship any missile sets?

They keep telling me that "shipment to USA is currently suspended  by Japan post." 
Assuming Japan post is the only method they use to ship....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, technoblue said:

@Octopus Prime Whether or not you are the seller, the subtext to what other members are trying to tell you is this: it is bad form to come to the forum and use your first 9 or 10 posts to plug a sale. It is even worse to do so on the day of a pre-order in the dedicate toy thread. Not only is the toy forum the wrong place for this sort of thing, it also looks like you are trying to subvert forum rules. MW limits new accounts to the buy/sell forum until they contribute to the site with a set number of social posts.

A link to the forum rules:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/40-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

And in case this was an innocent misunderstanding, a link to the correct where to buy thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

 

This is such a friendly post.... I would vote for you man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Has anyone been able to get anime export to ship any missile sets?

They keep telling me that "shipment to USA is currently suspended  by Japan post." 
Assuming Japan post is the only method they use to ship....

My strike parts are stuck at Nippon Yasan cos I chose SAL. If I recall you had to have chosen the postal choice at AE at point of order.... you should write to them and ask if you can use other options.... personally I would just wait..... :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to reset my HLJ password as well.  I wanted to empty my cart because an old item prevented me from securing the VF-29 re-issue.

 

Godspeed everyone!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Has anyone been able to get anime export to ship any missile sets?

They keep telling me that "shipment to USA is currently suspended  by Japan post." 
Assuming Japan post is the only method they use to ship....

I have the same issue. A set of DX missiles and super parts is ready to ship from AE and I don't have a way to move them. I've read that if you have a tenso account, you can add that address and AE will deliver it domestically to the tenso warehouse. Tenso will then handle international shipping since they offer more options at this time. I just haven't had the time to create an account. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Bro, you say you are not defending this shop yet you say “So I can't imagine sites like Nippon Yasan offering it for THAT much less than the shop I shared, especially once you factor in shipping and possible tax.” which is sort of defending them for their price point, so .......

Anyway whatever floats your boat and I do hope you get to offload Roy fokker at that price. Even if you are not the “seller”.

Bro, I have an opinion about their price and why buying from them isn't much different from paying aftermarket elsewhere - especially if you're in this region. That doesn't mean I am somehow affiliated with them or endorsing them. I'm just another collector sharing an opinion.

Feel free to disagree with my opinion, but can you please stop attacking me as some kind of undercover seller?

11 minutes ago, technoblue said:

@Octopus Prime Whether or not you are the seller, the subtext to what other members are trying to tell you is this: it is bad form to come to the forum and use your first 9 or 10 posts to plug a sale. It is even worse to do so on the day of a pre-order in the dedicate toy thread. Not only is the toy forum the wrong place for this sort of thing, it also looks like you are trying to subvert forum rules. MW limits new accounts to the buy/sell forum until they contribute to the site with a set number of social posts.

A link to the forum rules:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/40-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

And in case this was an innocent misunderstanding, a link to the correct where to buy thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

 

I appreciate that at the very least, you're not being rude or incessantly accusing me of being "the seller".

I have been following this thread for about a year now, and I'm pretty sure I regularly see people posting sales links in the toy threads. 

Not their own sales of course. Shop sales. That's precisely what I did, because that was the first sale post I've seen for this release, and I figured it would be of interest for people to see what it's going for. Perhaps the fact that I placed an order with them is what got some thinking it's my shop. It's not. I wouldn't be wasting my time here correcting people, if I really was some kind of slimy scalper who just got caught.

If my original post is still in violation of some kind of rule - despite me having no affiliation whatsoever to this shop - then I apologize and will remove it if everyone thinks that's best.

Can we move on already? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Octopus Prime said:

Bro, I have an opinion about their price and why buying from them isn't much different from paying aftermarket elsewhere - especially if you're in this region. That doesn't mean I am somehow affiliated with them or endorsing them. I'm just another collector sharing an opinion.

Feel free to disagree with my opinion, but can you please stop attacking me as some kind of undercover seller?

I appreciate that at the very least, you're not being rude or incessantly accusing me of being "the seller".

I have been following this thread for about a year now, and I'm pretty sure I regularly see people posting sales links in the toy threads. 

Not their own sales of course. Shop sales. That's precisely what I did, because that was the first sale post I've seen for this release, and I figured it would be of interest for people to see what it's going for. Perhaps the fact that I placed an order with them is what got some thinking it's my shop. It's not. I wouldn't be wasting my time here correcting people, if I really was some kind of slimy scalper who just got caught.

If my original post is still in violation of some kind of rule - despite me having no affiliation whatsoever to this shop - then I apologize and will remove it if everyone thinks that's best.

Can we move on already? 

 

 

Nobody believes you because the facts don't match. If you've been following along for a year, it is amazing that your account says this:

 

image.png.64e44bbd6e59c27681646a6deaba21b4.png

 

Add to it that if you had followed along for any time, the only reasonable price postings in this or similar threads is when someone finds a deal *better* than the prevailing price. Given this hasn't hit PO yet, the prevailing price is 19800 yen. Your post is waaaay above prevailing price.

You tried to post your listing and you got called out on it.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Has anyone been able to get anime export to ship any missile sets?

They keep telling me that "shipment to USA is currently suspended  by Japan post." 
Assuming Japan post is the only method they use to ship....

Mine shows like this:

 

image.png.e5cfc0d5bd457fdc0222bf69b0ee9e38.png

 

I was waiting to see if I could grab something else to make the shipping worthwhile first. If against all odds I grab a Focker there, then it would be perfect.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vladykins said:

Nobody believes you because the facts don't match. If you've been following along for a year, it is amazing that your account says this:

 

image.png.64e44bbd6e59c27681646a6deaba21b4.png

 

Add to it that if you had followed along for any time, the only reasonable price postings in this or similar threads is when someone finds a deal *better* than the prevailing price. Given this hasn't hit PO yet, the prevailing price is 19800 yen. Your post is waaaay above prevailing price.

You tried to post your listing and you got called out on it.

 

 

 

Firstly, you can follow a forum without signing up for it. That's precisely what I've been doing, so your screenshot proves absolutely nothing. And I joined specifically to share that post, because...

Secondly, nobody (as far as I can tell) has opened up any orders for this release yet. And it's obviously going to be a mess on PO day. So this was newsworthy to me, because how many of us will manage to secure a retail PO anyway?

Again, why on earth would I keep coming back to defend myself, if I really got "called out"? Why not just scrap this account and start a new one, since it's a brand new one anyway?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

Not really sure but sold out at Okini land?

okin.jpg

I can't see it as in stock any more, where you able to pre order?

Mine only shows notify me when available, no price or sold out or anything else

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

I can't see it as in stock any more, where you able to pre order?

Mine only shows notify me when available, no price or sold out or anything else

Nope, am unable to preorder. I did a search for OKL_008863_N and found the listing in google image with the price and all. I guess it's sold out already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Octopus Prime said:

Firstly, you can follow a forum without signing up for it. That's precisely what I've been doing, so your screenshot proves absolutely nothing. And I joined specifically to share that post, because...

Secondly, nobody (as far as I can tell) has opened up any orders for this release yet. And it's obviously going to be a mess on PO day. So this was newsworthy to me, because how many of us will manage to secure a retail PO anyway?

Again, why on earth would I keep coming back to defend myself, if I really got "called out"? Why not just scrap this account and start a new one, since it's a brand new one anyway?

 

 

 

 

Why would you come back to defend yourself? Maybe because you desperately want people to believe you are not the seller and that you found this "amazing deal" that you want people to go back and click so that you get people to buy from you?

 

How about this: you come back *after* PO madness and let us know you are selling for $225 and then we'll think likely you've scored an amazing deal. Right now all you've offered is something that is waaaay above what the current price is, If you spent half the time lurking as you pretend to, you would not be coming here with fake indignation, because you'd already know what the reaction would be. If you persist, you will likely find your account banned and your posts deleted. And that *definitely* won't drive any traffic to your site....er, I mean your totally unrelated seller's site.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...