Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Yeah I know what you mean. Not too long ago I had a Figma Kiryuin Satsuki shipped to me via EMS from HLJ. Even though I've had nothing but bad experiences with EMS, I decided to give it one last try because my wife would always get her EMS pacakages delivered straight to our door. I thought that if the package was small enough, I wouldn't have to pick it up at the EMS facility. But when I received the claim notice, I honestly considered just abandoning my package and call it a loss rather than go through the hassle of picking it up and paying the inflated import fees.

I totally understand you Archie. I really DO HATE our Post Office back there. :angry:

I mean, I do have some complaints about USPS sometimes. But it's 'nothing' compared to PhilPost. :wacko:

Edited by no3ljm

What are the differences between the upcoming VF-0S compared to the previous Yamato release?

I have one on pre-order but am really thinking hard if I want to keep it. It's not cheap and I would rather use the money to catch up on original Macross VF-1 valks. Need to prioritise. :D

The main point is that it would be compatible with the upcoming reactive armour release, whilst the old yamato has a much wider chest which has been mentioned to not fit.

Secondly its the updated mold and metal parts on the swingbars. Also,, depending on your preference on anime color accuracy, you may or may not like the paint scheme better.

The main point is that it would be compatible with the upcoming reactive armour release, whilst the old yamato has a much wider chest which has been mentioned to not fit.

Secondly its the updated mold and metal parts on the swingbars. Also,, depending on your preference on anime color accuracy, you may or may not like the paint scheme better.

So which one is more anime accurate colourwise? Looks like the Arcadia one is more "white"?

So which one is more anime accurate colourwise? Looks like the Arcadia one is more "white"?

I try not to comment too much on colors, as even the anime isn't that consistent scene to scene either..depends if ur a stickler for that stuff...

The big grouse many have is the choice of colors of arcadia's leg fins, which seem to be more blue than navy grey. However it's localized mainly on the leg fins and some don't find it too far off from the naval colors.

The white Arcadia's 0s does look whiter at the moment for sure! You probably be better off questioning if u are ok with the new mold, whether if u want to pair it w the armor or even if the price is reasonable to u.

If Arcadia is asking 300 a pop for their valk, that hips better fix itself. :lol:

Seriously, great video Yeti. Video like these helped fixed a few of my other valk.

It's still better than the exploding Arms/shoulders and other issues that plagued the Yamato versions. B))

Does anyone knows if the new Arcadia display stance works with old Yamato valk? or are they the same as the old Yamato stance? Thanks.

Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks for the help everyone. :p

It's still better than the exploding Arms/shoulders and other issues that plagued the Yamato versions. B))

Ha! True enough. :)

Edited by Reaction Warhead

Hmm after watching this hipfix video I wonder if it's worth picking up the Vf0s which it might be plagued with especially considering the price

the issue doesn't effect all of them so I wouldn't give up on them so quickly! None of the legs fall off on any of mine, its just I want them to be a bit tighter which is why im replacing some of them..

And who knows, maybe Arcadia will do a fix on them..? Im sure they are aware of the issue.

Edited by spanner76

Thanks for the vid Yeti! so how would you compare the parts you printed yourself to the parts from Shapeways? I still have the parts you sent me which im going to attempt a replacement very soon.. Just want you view on it first.

For a piece this small, the shapeways print might be better. I am not sure if it is worth it if you already have the printed ones I sent you, but I am not going to open the leg up again just to swap out the shapeways piece back to mine. Like I said in the video I wouldn't recommend opening up the leg unless you already have an issue with it. Too many unhappy accidents could befall the process. Stress on plastic, possible gaps, and such.

Keep in mind that the initial hip issue could be due to a factory variance in the plastic half of the balls they were using. Your's might be as good as it gets.

Not sure if this will work for international buyers, but I just saw shapeways is offering free shipping till November 8th. Might be helpful considering the most expensive part of buying the VF-0 Hip Nub is the shipping on such a small part.

"Get Free Shipping on all orders through November 8
Terms & Conditions
Use code FREESHIPNOV at checkout.
Free shipping applies to our lowest-price carrier.
No cash value.
Expires November 8, 2015 at 11:59PM PDT."
Edited by ChaoticYeti

Last time I checked, the shapeways's link was down, Now, I will grab a few, do we need 2 to repair one battroid ? Thanks for the guide !

Nubs are one per purchase. Is there cost savings by having a few in a batch? I can change that if that is the case.

Nubs are one per purchase. Is there cost savings by having a few in a batch? I can change that if that is the case.

The handling is expensive on small models. So if you can put 2 or 4 nubs in one model that would shave a LOT of the price. But the model needs to be 1 only part, so you got to somehow link each nubs together (with 0,8mm diameter wires by example).

I don't know if you can use one side of the nubs to get them linked. As this side, where we will cut the wire, would have to be un-perfectly sanded, it must not be a key form.

Just tell me if you can do that so I can hold a little or not

Edited by Xigfrid

The handling is expensive on small models. So if you can put 2 or 4 nubs in one model that would shave a LOT of the price. But the model needs to be 1 only part, so you got to somehow link each nubs together (with 0,8mm diameter wires by example).

I don't know if you can use one side of the nubs to get them linked. As this side, where we will cut the wire, would have to be un-perfectly sanded, it must not be a key form.

Just tell me if you can do that so I can hold a little or not

I'll model up a tree and see if it gets kicked back.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I ordered some as well. I want to make sure the sprue cleans off nicely. It should, considering where it attaches.

are you getting black strong and flexible