i_frankenstein_ver3_xlg.jpg

Hmmmm. "Based on the graphic novel". "From the producers of Underworld". Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy.

I'm sure that we will get the usual barrage of "No", "Not interested", etc from the haters who are going to hate, but there is enough here to get me interested. It's gotta be better than 1994's "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", so we will just have to wait and see.

Anybody read the graphic novel?

Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Aaron Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality.
it's about a monster trying to find his soul; his place in this world. And he happens to be an expert at the Filipino art of Kali stick fighting at the same time.

Sounds like it could easily turn into another "Hansel & Gretel"/"Van Helsing" type of experience. Surely not Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

To be fair NO (see I got it in there...) version of Frankenstein has been like the book. I have not read it (on the list) but I heard that the creature starts out tall and handsome rather then a horrible monster.

The idea of basing a movie off the graphic novel rather then the actual source, sounds lame. Doesn't help that I am REALLY tired of all the movies based off comic books these days. I'm make an exception for Watchmen, but comic books are second rate storytelling.

To be fair NO (see I got it in there...) version of Frankenstein has been like the book. I have not read it (on the list) but I heard that the creature starts out tall and handsome rather then a horrible monster.

You're thinking of Andy Warhol's movie version...

Read the book! It's GOOD!!

it's pronounced 'Frankenstean'... LOL i recently saw a PBS show about Mel Brooks and it talked in length about Gene Wilder's toon...

• 4 months later...

I can't help but feel that some designs and decent special effects were wasted on one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. This looks like something you'd hear a nine year old talking about, "and wouldn't it be cool if.. and wouldn't it be cool if... and wouldn't this be cool..." just throwing a bunch of idiot crap together.

• 1 month later...