Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Guest davidwhangchoi

though it may be slow in releases (and also guessing and waiting to hear which valks are going to be released again), the market will still command decent prices but the rush to buy up everything for fear we may never see these valks will wane and prices will at least stabilize and not inflate to insane amounts as if they were out of print never to be seen again.

and nobody will be in a rush for kakizaki anymore:)

Says sold for: $789. The seller may have relisted another copy. If it's sold wouldn't ebay claim some fees if the seller wants to be dodgy?

come to think of it, the seller can just cancel the deal with the reason "no stock" and nobody will know.

i wouldn't really trust the items sold from that seller, it's another front for that fraud estertool. who uses dummy account bid wins to boost his positive feedback. There are some real sales but can't really can't tell if the item was actually sold.

Wouldn't Ebay be able to catch him by now? That's nuts. haha.

That's crazy though that some of the Valks are going for 200+.

I just got a DYRL with Super and strike parts for less than 200! haha

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah that estertool.. is pretty sneaky, i want ebay to ban him, i wish :) if you take a look at the blacklist thread, his getting a lot of attention there.

yeah, i'm not happy that some valks are high in prices but it does bring some attention when you own 2 copies of a vf-x.

nice score on a combo set! which valk is it?

Guest davidwhangchoi

the guy who won it only has 5 ratings, hope it's legit.

he could be legit and trying to complete the collection,

as he failed to win this one:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=121095596297

and he won the max on this auction:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=121095575231

looks like it really might be a legit guy willing to pay that much.

Arcadia, where are you?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

wow...that really makes me want to consider selling my miria unopened since i got it from HLJ a long long time ago. I don't know anymore..

Kicker I had to ask myself this one important question. Are you in it for the money or the love of the toys? I have been mulling over this for a while now, and decided I don't care if they go up or down in price because I am keeping them. I love my valks, I paid sane prices as they were being released so I am not really losing anything at this point. Now if you have plenty of duplicates I would say give it a shot if you don't need them all.

Edited by Loop

I do need more room. But I'm not in it for the money. Now if I can sell one item to get three different items, holding out can be difficult. Every time I see these prices I look behind my shoulder and stare at the stacks of extras I have up there.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I do need more room. But I'm not in it for the money. Now if I can sell one item to get three different items, holding out can be difficult. Every time I see these prices I look behind my shoulder and stare at the stacks of extras I have up there.

it you're not in it for the money and for the love of the toys, i still wouldn't feel bad selling it considering you have extras and thinking if using it towards 3 more valks.

but if you have only one, then i would keep it for the love of it.

700+ is a really insane price but the problem of owning a variant that goes up in price is the fear of touching it. i look at the boxes but don't want to touch them...

OK, so now that you have determined that you have extras I would not feel guilty at all. I would seize the opportunity to get some other things you want for the price of 1. I can't blame you for thinking that way, I mean damn you can get over 5x - 6x the initial purchase price.

This is strange about the Milia selling for so much. Back in March I bought one off of Anime Export for over $300 and my friends thought I was crazy for doing so. Now it looks like I did it just in time before the prices went crazy.

I am certainly not in this for the money. The only way I could ever get rid of these things is in dire emergency...and that's gotta be some serious shi*t for me to get rid of them!

Edited by xrentonx

Been on the lookout for a 1/3000 macross. Zenasas over on EBay has had 1 for a few weeks now at around $668 USD. Was hoping it would come down a bit. LOL, this weekend it shot up to $2500 USD!!! Seriously, WTF is up with that? Retarded I tells ya.

It has been pretty crazy on ebay. I saw a VF-1J Miria with crack canopy sold for 700 something.

Edited by dapro

It's not a good hobby to be in it for the money. There are a lot better ways to invest and make money than re-selling toys.

I'm sure some guys make a decent amount buying up stock and moving it on to those who aren't savvy, but they still have to pay shipping and hold things in stock to make a profit. Toy shops aren't raking it in hand over fist because of overhead.

In 30-40 years you may be able to get some returns on some pieces, but who knows. It's too hard to guess.

I think there is something to be said about impulse control and keeping your collection enjoyable and managed. I believe in keeping almost all my pieces displayed properly so I can interact with them, and moving pieces I'm not interested in anymore. If I have something in a box under my bed or in my closet it won't be there for long. Haha.

It's not a good hobby to be in it for the money. There are a lot better ways to invest and make money than re-selling toys.

I'm sure some guys make a decent amount buying up stock and moving it on to those who aren't savvy, but they still have to pay shipping and hold things in stock to make a profit. Toy shops aren't raking it in hand over fist because of overhead.

In 30-40 years you may be able to get some returns on some pieces, but who knows. It's too hard to guess.

I think there is something to be said about impulse control and keeping your collection enjoyable and managed. I believe in keeping almost all my pieces displayed properly so I can interact with them, and moving pieces I'm not interested in anymore. If I have something in a box under my bed or in my closet it won't be there for long. Haha.

I agree. I transform my recently acquired valks at least once a week, so it'd be all worthless by the time it left my hands.

Flipping them is hard business (I flipped my Robotech MPC's to expand my Yamato collection). It's even harder to sell them and get back nearly what you paid/ need if you're doing so because you happen to find yourself in a financial pinch.

Guest davidwhangchoi

MPCs are so frustrating to me. I see them selling for high prices all the time but everytime i try to sell one i can barely get my break even price.

LoL, the most I ever got for a mpc appendix was $150. And I got that much because it had a custom strike cannon added to it. It was a good sale.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Wow...Prices for the Yamato VF-4G on ebay has crossed into the insane stratosphere. $789 and $1,997. I would have ordered a dozen during pre-order.

$603 for 1/60 VF-1J Mass Production

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-60-Perfect-Trans-VF-1J-Mass-Production-Type-TV-Ver-Yamato-Scale-Macross-/261207445592?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd12d5058

$1,550 for Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J

Makes me worry that I have a handful of 1/60 valks sitting on my desk at work that could be worth more than the office set. :blink:

Wow...Prices for the Yamato VF-4G on ebay has crossed into the insane stratosphere. $789 and $1,997. I would have ordered a dozen during pre-order.

$603 for 1/60 VF-1J Mass Production

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-60-Perfect-Trans-VF-1J-Mass-Production-Type-TV-Ver-Yamato-Scale-Macross-/261207445592?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd12d5058

$1,550 for Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J

Makes me worry that I have a handful of 1/60 valks sitting on my desk at work that could be worth more than the office set. :blink:

Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J: the price has fallen from about $1,800 or $1700. maybe some panic selling has begun.

there has been some positive news about Arcadia elsewhere on the forum. if Arcadia begins production, i think it's fairly likely that Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J will get an update.

Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J: the price has fallen from about $1,800 or $1700. maybe some panic selling has begun.

there has been some positive news about Arcadia elsewhere on the forum. if Arcadia begins production, i think it's fairly likely that Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J will get an update.

And I will buy another set lol.