IXTL

Well I knew this was going to happen sooner or later due to the vast number of macross toys I have collected over the years...A FRACKING MISSING PART!!!!! I know I probably shouldn't bitch but come on- when you spend $200 on a toy it should be pretty darn perfect IMO. Do you guys think I should contact NY to see if I can get a spare tire or should I check with the local hobby shops.

VF-171exmissingfronttire.jpg

And to add insult to injury, NY left the little sales sticker on the box which read 14700yen which equates to about $147.72. Nice little $60 mark up ><

So that sales sticker pretty much confirms our theory of them buying up stock at the local brick and mortar toy and hobby shops :)

I took a pic to show you guys... its weird now that I think about it because I have bought a lot of figures from NY and this is the first time I ever saw a sales sticker.

VF-171exstickerprice.jpg

NY will make you ship it back at your cost. Probably not worth the effort for a $5 dollar part.

It's not NY, it's Bandai. They were perfectly willing to send my request for a spare part to Bandai, but Bandai won't replace individual parts.

Also, $5 nothing. Go to home depot, cut down a 10 cent O-ring and make yourself one. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

I took a pic to show you guys... its weird now that I think about it because I have bought a lot of figures from NY and this is the first time I ever saw a sales sticker.

VF-171exstickerprice.jpg

NY sources these things from other stores most the time. The worker just forgot to take the tag off lol.

Honestly, knowing the price does not offend me at all. I know they have to scour the streets to get me the item I want, so I am willing to pay the markup if I have to. As far as the missing part, Bandai does want the whole toy back, so even if NY is able to work something out you will have to pay a huge shipping cost to send it back. I had to send back my YF-29 Alto due to the fin on the head being bent. USPS quoted me 90-100 USD so I used the discounted Fed-Ex rates I get at my job. Still costed about 55-60 bucks though :( .

I'm starting to think that Bandai has ramped up production to meet the higher demand coz I've never seen a pre-order for a DX open this long, especially since quite a few are collecting multiple units. :lol:

Honestly, I think it's just the popularity of the 171 is not as high as the other units from frontier. The alto one stuck around for a while, I think it is still obtainable if any one still wants one.

Sucks, looking at the HLJ pre-order though.... I could have saved more, but was scared I would not get one if I waited. Seems like there is too much drama when trying to secure Bandai stock lol. It is what it is though.....

Looks like HLJ will only allow 1x per customer.

Hello all, I just want to help out as best I can, for those in need of one HLJ opened their pre-orders for the vf-171 cannon fodder.

no thanks needed, you guys try and help me out all the time:) go! go! go!

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban980635/Sci

I could not resist! My third one...you...you just killed my wallet, man :)

...and thanks for that! :D

Ninja edit: 1000th post! I'm on my way to bein' an OG!

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's sold out!

Congrats to those who missed out prior and got in on one.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

HLJ bumped up the price 20$

that's the normal price when there's an order stop, it was that price an hour ago before the pre-orders opened again. Prob. after it releases if hlj get more stock it will be sold at the retail price you're seeing now.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Right before a release of a pre order, HLJ and few other places will take a few more pre-orders once they know how many they received in their shipments.

edit:spelling errors

Edited by davidwhangchoi

He means that you find a proxy buying service of your liking and send them these links so the proxy can buy them for you, add a mark-up and shipping and then sending it to you.

There might be also units available at the on-line retailers on release date due to customers canceling their preorders.

Guest davidwhangchoi

thanks for the information davidwhangchoi, i managed to get one! but damn... i should have waited before i paid for my ny piece..

sighs....

glad you got one, (or multiples in your case), not to start an avalanche to follow suit but i cancelled my pre-order from ny and got refunded my money last night.