My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

CaptRico

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just because you have rainbow hair, everyone automatically assumes you're a lesbian. :rolleyes:

Come on... Swastika = White Supremacy. It is a well known symbol for specifically that. Rainbow = Gay. Another well known symbol. If in frolicking pony world there is some other meaning to rainbows, its probably some indoctrination of accepting alternative lifestyles to the children.

Come on... Swastika = White Supremacy. It is a well known symbol for specifically that. Rainbow = Gay. Another well known symbol. If in frolicking pony world there is some other meaning to rainbows, its probably some indoctrination of accepting alternative lifestyles to the children.

and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Now Lyra and Bon-Bon, that's clearly the creators of the show trying to indoctrinate children into accepting homosexual couples as contributing members of society.

MOD EDIT

WTF is this thread all about????? My Little Pony??? What are you, a bunch of flaming nancy-boys? This is a joke right, you guys don't seriously like My LIttle Pony do you? What am I missing? When I was a kid, the boys played with GI Joes, Transformers, MASK, GoBots, and Robocrap (there was no inkling that Macross existed back then). The girls played with Barbie, Cabage Patch Dolls and My Little Pony.

Has My Little Pony changed to attract boys now? Are there war-horses or transforming mechs, massive battles in this cartoon or is it just some hentai tentacle-rape/anime beastiality thing going on?

Yeah, Agent One is definitely right on the Rainbow thing MOD EDIT

I never in my life thought I would see a thread like this pop up on this forum. First Macross 7, and now this........the Mayans were right, the world did end and I'm in hell.

Edited by Mechamaniac

OK, so someone reported a post which forced me to have to read all 4 pages of this thing over my morning coffee. I hate you all for that :ph34r:

It's OK to have differing opinions. And it's OK to have some healthy and mildly argumentative banter about them. This is the internetz after all.

However, let's leave the flagrant anti LGBT comments out please.

Interests: With as much work as I do, I don't think I have any interests anymore

you seem to have at least one; behaving like something that shouldn't be said in polite company...

Edited by Shaorin

OK, so someone reported a post which forced me to have to read all 4 pages of this thing over my morning coffee. I hate you all for that :ph34r:

It's OK to have differing opinions. And it's OK to have some healthy and mildly argumentative banter about them. This is the internetz after all.

However, let's leave the flagrant anti LGBT comments out please.

You gotta admit that peter's post was a hellavalot more entertaining before the edit... :lol:

What the problem with homossexual characters?

The world has change.

I don't see problem in it

It's not homosexual characters to which some people have objections; it's their inclusion in pre-teen and younger children programming that rubs people the wrong way. LGBT characters in late teen/young adult and adult shows is fine, and often add flavor and scope to a story, but in fare specifically targetted at pre-teens and younger it just smells a bit of intentional, sometimes subtle and sometimes not so much, agenda pushing on a very impressionable audience. Also, these same objectors would find fault with over sexualized heterosexual characters too.

Edited by mechaninac

It's not homosexual characters to which some people have objections; it's their inclusion in pre-teen and younger children programming that rubs people the wrong way. LGBT characters in late teen/young adult and adult shows is fine, and often add flavor and scope to a story, but in fare specifically targetted at pre-teens and younger it just smells a bit of intentional, sometimes subtle and sometimes not so much, agenda pushing on a very impressionable audience. Also, these same objectors would find fault with over sexualized heterosexual characters too.

And considering none of any of the above is present in the show, I do wonder why people keep bringing it up.

And considering none of any of the above is present in the show, I do wonder why people keep bringing it up.

Because of the symbolism and subtext... Like I said earlier, if there were a show that used the swastika as the symbol for a sports team (for example), there would certainly be some eyebrows raised. I don't want to insult anyone who likes this, but I am shocked that there are male adults that would be interested in this. I suppose its like the adult baby thing, I don't really understand that either. Is it like the same thing? Just a fun regression?

Bronie = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism (minus the sexual stuff of course)

If I am way off base, someone link me to an introduction episode.

I know she's not a lesbian.

I only don't believe what have people who believe in the certain character are homossexual because some personal characteristics....

Like Rainbow Dash, because her tomboyism.

Or Tinky Winky from Teletubbies, because his color and antenna,

I think you're way off base but I'm not a brony myself. The only thing I can identify with is something I stated earlier about wanting to check out shows and films that have the same or similar pedigree of creators and artists (shows like PPG, Foster's, Dexter's Lab, etc).

I'm completely uninterested in the other minor draws such as furries, moe, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...