Looks like someone at Toyark got their hands on Figuarts Dark Knight Batman early.

http://news.toyark.com/2017/05/19/s-h-figuarts-dark-knight-batman-early-hand-first-look-253148#images

That looks really good! My Mafex copy was pretty much complete garbage, so I have high hopes for Bandai to nail this guy. Plus there was already shots of a proto-type Dark Knight Batpod, and with that, I'm sure there's a proto-type Figuarts Tumbler sitting around somewhere too...

Damn, that looks great!  I had a tinge of pain pre-ordering this simply because I don't need something else to collect but I'm happy I jumped on it now.

But now I'm thinking SHF can't get away with plastic capes anymore.

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Damn, that looks great!  I had a tinge of pain pre-ordering this simply because I don't need something else to collect but I'm happy I jumped on it now.

But now I'm thinking SHF can't get away with plastic capes anymore.

Absolutely NO MORE plastic capes, they can't go back now, everything needs to be cloth. Every plastic cape on a Figuarts figure has been a mess, Vader, Thor, both of those figures will desperately be needing updates with proper cloth capes. The ONLY thing I regard Mafex for is using cloth on their figures for capes and what-not. But Mafex overall is horrible, so now their single positive factor is being implemented by Bandai Figuarts, making Mafex nearly obsolete!

Looks like USPS lost my Iron Man Mark 6 figure. Based on their tracking it arrived at USPS last 5/11. My office didn't receive anything with that tracking number. Funny that I received one package out of two that was shipped from Nippon-Yasan on the same day. :cray:

Now I was advised to file a claim. This is a first time for me. And knowing that the Mark 6 figure price already doubled at NY. Boo!

S.H.Figuarts Iron Man Mk.V
October 2017. Y6480.
As expected TWE release.
PO starts May 26, 2017.

I'll choose EMS and not ECO Registered from now for TWE. Don't want USPS again to lose my package. Unless I can select DHL? <_<

l010.jpg

l012.jpg

l013.jpg

l014.jpg

l015.jpg

Fresh news from TagHobby.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

S.H.Figuarts Iron Man Mk.V
October 2017. Y6480.
As expected TWE release.
PO starts May 26, 2017.

I'll choose EMS and not ECO Registered from now for TWE. Don't want USPS again to lose my package. Unless I can select DHL? <_<

Fresh news from TagHobby.

His scans were leaked a while ago, confirmed web exclusive but oh well. The other thing the leaked scans showed was that he is getting a US Bluefin release bundled with another Hall of Armor, I'm waiting on that. The price is always comparable to Japanese retail for one Figuarts Armor, and one Figuarts Hall piece anyway, so the bundles just work out better in my opinion, that is if you want a Hall to go with it. Does AE or NY offer DHL? Being a web exclusive those and US Bluefin will be the only ones carrying this guy. and I don't know if either offers DHL.

8 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

His scans were leaked a while ago, confirmed web exclusive but oh well. The other thing the leaked scans showed was that he is getting a US Bluefin release bundled with another Hall of Armor, I'm waiting on that. The price is always comparable to Japanese retail for one Figuarts Armor, and one Figuarts Hall piece anyway, so the bundles just work out better in my opinion, that is if you want a Hall to go with it. Does AE or NY offer DHL? Being a web exclusive those and US Bluefin will be the only ones carrying this guy. and I don't know if either offers DHL.

Really? I'm really not into the Halls since the price is crazy at first. But knowing that Bluefin might actually release this knowing that it's TWE, I'll go check it out first. It's not bad to have a one Hall just to check it out. Hehehe. ;)

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

The face looks better than the megahouse version.

It is a well done sculpt, and I'm glad they went with a subtle smile for the prototype reveal. I'm looking forward to seeing the other expressions as more information comes out.

Looks like CDJapan just sent out my next Movie Realizatuon Star Wars figure, the Bow Trooper.  Also Anakin showed up at the house yesterday.  He's... Ovi Wan with a more whiney head.  Lol. He looks fine, just need Padme to complete the Trio.

• 2 weeks later...

And once again I'm incredibly glad I didn't bother with Mafex, their Batfleck tempted me, but once again, I heard too many mixed reviews. Oh well, it looks like Bandai will, do the League Justice? I'll see myself out.

Bale Bats looks pretty fantastic, definitely glad I grabbed one along with a PO for Ledger Joker. I had the Mafex versions before, and without trying to sound like a broken record, they were both utter garbage. Strange looks good too, but it's a bummer he missed out on Bandai's change of heart for cloth goods capes, he appears to have the same crappy plastic cape design as Figuarts AOU Thor. Also, I'm kind of baffled out how fast this reviewer gets Bandai TWE stuff in. He's in the US, and yet he's already got Strange and Padme, both of mine are still on the way and are set to be delivered later this week.

8 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Bale Bats looks pretty fantastic, definitely glad I grabbed one along with a PO for Ledger Joker. I had the Mafex versions before, and without trying to sound like a broken record, they were both utter garbage. Strange looks good too, but it's a bummer he missed out on Bandai's change of heart for cloth goods capes, he appears to have the same crappy plastic cape design as Figuarts AOU Thor. Also, I'm kind of baffled out how fast this reviewer gets Bandai TWE stuff in. He's in the US, and yet he's already got Strange and Padme, both of mine are still on the way and are set to be delivered later this week.

I know, Padme is due today and Batman/Strange are due tomorrow for me.  D is a higher up in the Articulated Comic Book Art community and I think he has connections with these toy companies.

The guy in the Padme video apparently pays through the nose to get his figures over-night shipped when released so he has them first for review.

I'm oddly okay with Strange's plastic cape this go around, considering the Bale Batman cape wires are too stiff according to D's review.

Edited by Mommar