1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I noticed the leg fins move in early pics of the same line art. I do hope that the standard fixed position is parallel like in the line art. Either way, our next pic should be either of an updated CAD, or maybe a clay model of it?

I figured it was only necessary that I do this. It's the 30th Anniversy and we're all talking about my favorite Valkyrie- I have some pics here. THere from a great guy, He's been MIA. I don't know where's he's been, but I thought it was fair. He original told me this fan group from Japan originally did these back in the 80's before Kawamori-san did the transformation design for the VF-4 and thought it was only fair to show thse.

BTW if if comes from HIM. It's pretty much CANNON. He only deals with CANNON and NO BS

Graham knows whom I'm talking about.

post-610-0-43306600-1328119854_thumb.jpg

post-610-0-32138000-1328119916_thumb.jpg

post-610-0-03757200-1328119970_thumb.jpg

post-610-0-63113100-1328120015_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chthonic

But you don't have to customize anything. All of those fins save for the leg ones can move due to the transformation.

Yes, but will they "lock" into the proper place? It'd be very annoying to have to carefully, manually move each fin 1mm at a time to line them up perfectly---and then hope nobody breathes on it heavily, moving them out of alignment. (same as getting both the left and right wings at the same angle of sweep on the non-detented valks)

Big difference between being able to align, and intentionally being designed to do so in fighter mode.

Yes, but will they "lock" into the proper place? It'd be very annoying to have to carefully, manually move each fin 1mm at a time to line them up perfectly---and then hope nobody breathes on it heavily, moving them out of alignment. (same as getting both the left and right wings at the same angle of sweep on the non-detented valks)

Big difference between being able to align, and intentionally being designed to do so in fighter mode.

That was my question above. Like the VF-1. Those fins rotate, but lock in the position they're supposed to be stationed at in Fighter and Battroid.

Can you tone down the OCD in your posts

You're a kewl pony, but it seems like you're just looking for every tiny reason not to buy something.

It's a valid question. The only issue here is it's in direct response to your assertion the fins will move therefore they can be aligned which could be very, very wrong. Unless they lock in place that may not be the case, those YF-21/VF-22 wings hold okay at their maximum but they also have to move for transformation and they dont' always hold that great at angles that aren't fully extended/fully closed. What's with your super-defender attitude toward this particular Valk? We're voicing what we feel is important, you keep trying to bat people down.

Why are you super pointlessly nitpicking something none of us have any real control over emot-pseudo.gif

If you want to talk pinned joints on hinges I'm down. We can compared hastily scribbled notes on bar napkins.

Considering how all of these toys have to be approved by people in higher positions of nerd power than us and the fact that the last two Yamato Valkyries have been the best toys everâ„¢, I'm not terribly worried about the tiny details.

ps I really want to take a picture of my Destroid Defender with a cape because that would be a Super-Defender but I don't have a cape that's big enough emot-gonk.gif

ps I really want to take a picture of my Destroid Defender with a cape because that would be a Super-Defender but I don't have a cape that's big enough emot-gonk.gif

[OutofTopic]

Every Destroid Defender reserves an iGear MP-01 Cape accessory because they are the real heroes of Space War I!! :D

iGear MP-01 Cape

http://www.bigbadtoy...008&mode=retail

[/OutofTopic]

Edited by charger69

[...]

Considering how all of these toys have to be approved by people in higher positions of nerd power than us and the fact that the last two Yamato Valkyries have been the best toys everâ„¢, I'm not terribly worried about the tiny details.

[...]

Don't forget the 1/3000 SDF-1. I don’t think it’s a detail lacking toy either.

I thinks this toy will turn out just fine. With the new factory they use, and the extremely high quality of the latest releases, I have faith Yamato will do justice to this design. The SDF-1, Kai, blazer, and 17 are all badass.