1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Looking at that set of profiles of the CAD, the side profile looks pretty damn good. I like it. That nose needs to come up (like that hasn't been said before), but if we can get that, and the details put into the CAD, we should be sitting pretty. I don't know if this is just my thoughts, but on the fighter front view, do the wings look a little short? Are there extra details missing that make them a little larger?

[...] I don't know if this is just my thoughts, but on the fighter front view, do the wings look a little short? Are there extra details missing that make them a little larger?

I think you're right. Also, all the fins and wings should be aligned in a slightly different way:

post-12283-0-47939400-1327564525_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

Looking at that set of profiles of the CAD, the side profile looks pretty damn good. I like it. That nose needs to come up (like that hasn't been said before), but if we can get that, and the details put into the CAD, we should be sitting pretty. I don't know if this is just my thoughts, but on the fighter front view, do the wings look a little short? Are there extra details missing that make them a little larger?

I noticed the first time I saw the CAD that the wings do look a little stumpy. They're not shaped quite right so they could just be basic place holders.

I know 80's era mecha anime is notorious for, er, inconsistencies--even between these two images from the same animation!

FB2012_VF4a.jpg

f2012_vf4_lightning_iii.png

Buuuut...the MMM Lineart is not the be-all, end-all reference--hell, it's got the vertical stabilizers wrong! (see above)

Edited by reddsun1

I'm getting really anxious with this release. The VF-4 is one of my favorite macross mecha.

There's not enough pics!!! Someone must assault Yamato's HQ!!!

YES! +1

I haven't been this excited about a Macross release since the first 1/48 scale toys from Yamato!

Could you hi-light what is so inconsistent between these two images? For the most part it's pretty much identical to me.

ah, I must modify my point slightly, as it was a bit of overgeneralizing. This is actually not a good example--I suppose the original Macross would be the example of that.

The size/postion of the guns in the engine nacelles differ ever so slightly; as do the conformal "bumps" on the bottom of the nacelles and the center fuselage (right behind the Macross kite.) What could those be, anyway? But true: these images are indeed much better; if anything, they're proof of the improvement in quality of the animation, and it's these that should be the ad hoc references for any model/toy.

Edited by reddsun1

I see what you mean about the difference in the gradual versus more dramatic slope near the guns. The conformal wells I wouldn't necessarily say are different. if it shifts forward/back you can pretty much figure out aproximately where they go. The slope above the cannons is a little different. Either way I'm starting to see why people are so concerned about there being a good fighter mode. The wing span and alignment of fins/wings makes a huge difference in how it looks.

Well the progression is a cute girl tells you what the mission is about, then you see the second cute girl who dutifully explains the details about the robot you're selecting, then the first cute girl talks at you during the mission, and at the end the first cute girl tells you that you've got a personal message from a cute idol singer girl.

Man, Macross is bleedin' nerdy.

Well the progression is a cute girl tells you what the mission is about, then you see the second cute girl who dutifully explains the details about the robot you're selecting, then the first cute girl talks at you during the mission, and at the end the first cute girl tells you that you've got a personal message from a cute idol singer girl.

Man, Macross is bleedin' nerdy.

Is that why we're all here?

Focus more on the romance and love aspect of it, and maybe you'll draw in some females here. I personally know two of them on these boards, one being my wife, the other a close friend of ours, but both hardly ever frequent the toy section. My wife sees it when I am planning to buy something, but other than that, this section, along with the model kit section, seem like the Meltrandi "No Fly" zone.

YES! +1

I haven't been this excited about a Macross release since the first 1/48 scale toys from Yamato!

Mee too!!! Can't wait!

I think you're right. Also, all the fins and wings should be aligned in a slightly different way:

post-12283-0-47939400-1327564525_thumb.jpg

Agree. Wings are a bit short, it is staring to look alot like the SHE vf-4 that I have. Wish Yamato would make the wings a bit bigger.