Quirtra Queramitzuu: Kamikaze Space Cucumber

captain america

My pleasure! As you can see, there's just no way that these ultra-fine antennae could have been cast successfully, and the procedure involved in doing them yourself is pretty easy and actually rather fun. The other reason that I chose that particular technique is that you can get really organic looking spines that are a perfect look for Zentradi ships. Prickly cucumbers are da best!! ^_^

My pleasure! As you can see, there's just no way that these ultra-fine antennae could have been cast successfully, and the procedure involved in doing them yourself is pretty easy and actually rather fun.

I'll have to keep that on file for my old Imai kits as well. I've got some sprue left over from them, but have lost a couple of antennae over the years. Thanks, John!

Hi guys.

I wanted to give notice that I'll be keeping the Quelamitz project open until November 1st, so for exactly 1 more week. After that, I'm shutting it down and will begin feasibility studies for the Legioss. So if you really want a Kozmic Kucumber, you've got a week to get your order in ^_^

I would like to order one. I sent you a pm to get the info to send payment. I'm just waiting for a response.

Hi Atoyer. You'll forgive me if I respectfully decline to do business with someone whom I don't know and has but a single post to his tally. In this line of work, one survives by taking all possible precautions.

Yea, no problem. I usually get your kits through SSM anyway. Thanks for not leaving me hanging.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been fooling around making laser canons from sprues since you posted that little trick. Pretty awesome. ~Edit~ Yeah, I missed the great link in the initial post. Mine's in primer atm too but I needed some color inspiration. Looking at the Kamjin vaiant covered in moss/crud I wish I had bought a second, I may have to really scuzzy mine up, because, well, It's Kamjin :)

Edited by Ghadrack

Here is the green paint. I used Forest Green.

The sprue antennae was no problem. The only problem was it has been a while since I used sprue like this so I had to get the feel again. I made a small pile so I have plenty to chose from.

I have been thinking the same thing Ghadrack. I was thinking about trying it first on a 1/2500 Salan Scout.

post-1196-12905757118_thumb.jpg

Heh, you better not store that space cucumber in the pickle jar you have next to it. It might shrivel up into a scout ship! :p

(lame joke I know but I couldn't resist! :rolleyes: )

That color looks just right. Keep up the good work. It'll be great to see it completed.

Edited by jardann

Heh, you better not store that space cucumber in the pickle jar you have next to it. It might shrivel up into a scout ship! :p

(lame joke I know but I couldn't resist! :rolleyes: )

I agree. It is a lame joke. :lol:

Here are some more progress pictures. These will be the last until Monday with Thanksgiving tomorrow and family coming into town. Have a happy turkey day!

post-1196-129065439311_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129065440569_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129065442422_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129065444531_thumb.jpg