HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

Fans go to the site to celebrate it, but more importantly ask some serious questions about the state of the franchise as time and inactivity go on. Keep going with it and they generally get the cold shoulder until they're forced to drop the subject passive aggressively or flatly threatened to do so. Memo is definitely not Robotech, but when the professionals behind the company stand by a lot of the things he says and does to people on their site, that's as close to official as a fanboy can get. Think about it; they value his craziness over legitimate concerns every time on their corporately owned and professional site. That or he's another scapegoat for what could potentially happen in the future. It tells a lot of what kind of people HG wants to attract for their business.

Now, there's a poimt I could agree with.

RT.com is a legitimate extension of Harmony Gold, and so, by that extension, a person could reasonably come to the conclusion that HG knows what happened on that site. If the powers that be at HG know what's happening, then it just adds another chapter to the vast volumes of HG's ongoing literary epic "How to destroy a company, a franchise, and a fanbase without really trying."

There's two scenarios that present themselves, and both of them speak badly for HG.

Option 1: The people that run HG (Or rather, the people that run the RT side of HG) are completely cluseless about the state of affairs on thier site, and the moderators that they've appointed to keep an eye on things. This speaks badly for HG, showing thier complete ineptitude for managing, developing, and expanding a franchise/fan-base.

Option 2: The higher-ups at HG not only know about the abusive behavior of thier moderators, but they actively condone and encourage it. This is probably the more liekly option, since I know for a fact that many complaint messages have been sent to them, and they simply refuse to respond. Ultimately, most of the 'banned' folks have simply had their posting priveledges revoked, so that these folks can still be members of the site, and hense, still be counted as loyal fans by McKeever and the like.

Well, they make thier own problems, and they will reap the bennefits of them.

But hey, there's always the slight chance that they absolutely know what they're doing. Shadow Rising and the LAM IS in the works, it's just that Hollywood, anime/animation, sci-fi, and general entertainment sources haven't picked up any news about it because it's low key. It's so complex that a stuff like NDC really are needed when it's not practical for other less important projects. This is hardcore Hollywood gangbusters, ultra secret like, way better than Japanophile crap. So secret that only fanboys can understand it, and we'll all get our comeuppance in the traditional 80's fashion. :lol:

Edited by Einherjar

See, all that drama with Kevin saying SR is on hiatus, then backtracking and using it as now "it's an industry term", then saying that it isn't, all plays into how HG is trying to portray the franchise. They want Robotech to look like a good, profitable, money making franchise. It's been the topic of conversation with a few people I know on and off. With HG's current position, it seems like they're trying to get WB to not only make the movie, but perhaps buy the franchise. Given that very possible theory, it easily makes sense that Kevin would get a spanking for saying something that he wasn't supposed to. HG needs to make the franchise look like it's moving. That's probably why he gets all bent outta shape when someone mentions the hiatus thing.

While it may tweak him a bit, the evidence and contradicting statements by Kevin, and Tommy point to the fact that SR is on hold. OK, I said hold, not hiatus. I could've said hibernation, it's all the same thing. But this is the game Kevin is playing with the fans over there. "It's not on hiatus, we're just timing it right to coincide with the movie" Those kinda spins on the same thing are what let anyone with any thought process know that nothing has really been done. I know there hasn't been much done on it for a fact. It's all for the big sale, the big score for WB, and they're gonna spin what they can to make it look good for WB. If you really hate Robotech, you should be happy that they are banning people on the website, cause that place is turning into a ghost town, and I'm sure someone at WB is taking notes. Maybe a movie will get made, maybe not. But will it make Robotech more of a viable product? HG has to sell it first, cause right now, they aren't doing anything with it.

See, all that drama with Kevin saying SR is on hiatus, then backtracking and using it as now "it's an industry term", then saying that it isn't, all plays into how HG is trying to portray the franchise. They want Robotech to look like a good, profitable, money making franchise. It's been the topic of conversation with a few people I know on and off. With HG's current position, it seems like they're trying to get WB to not only make the movie, but perhaps buy the franchise. Given that very possible theory, it easily makes sense that Kevin would get a spanking for saying something that he wasn't supposed to. HG needs to make the franchise look like it's moving. That's probably why he gets all bent outta shape when someone mentions the hiatus thing.

While it may tweak him a bit, the evidence and contradicting statements by Kevin, and Tommy point to the fact that SR is on hold. OK, I said hold, not hiatus. I could've said hibernation, it's all the same thing. But this is the game Kevin is playing with the fans over there. "It's not on hiatus, we're just timing it right to coincide with the movie" Those kinda spins on the same thing are what let anyone with any thought process know that nothing has really been done. I know there hasn't been much done on it for a fact. It's all for the big sale, the big score for WB, and they're gonna spin what they can to make it look good for WB. If you really hate Robotech, you should be happy that they are banning people on the website, cause that place is turning into a ghost town, and I'm sure someone at WB is taking notes. Maybe a movie will get made, maybe not. But will it make Robotech more of a viable product? HG has to sell it first, cause right now, they aren't doing anything with it.

All they are doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Taksraven

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

SDF Macross and DYRL were closed entities all the way up until it was decided that PLus would be about Macross rather than two random guys and two unconnected mecha.

Sure, there was flashback 2012 and Macross II, but the former was a brief reminiscence and the latter was later concined to oblivion and in and of its' self certainly did not satisfy any "fan desire" to learn the fate of the Megaroad 1.

In fact - NONE of the subsequent Macross stories have shed any light on this subject or been a direct continuation.

Yet nobody is pissed at Kawamorii.

Why? Well - here's some reasons:

a) he explicitly tells the truth about Macross - that his philosophy of story telling is to have a closed book, and that his view of cannon is that these stories exist in the ether and the anime are just visual representations of them. Plus, judging from the books Gubaba has translated - it seems that Kawamorii likes to revel in the process and share the artistic process with fans. He makes a great story, but he constantly reminds us - it's a story guys.

b) The actual anime that come out are great, and despite not being direct continuations, they also are not repleat with retcons, nor do they contradict established lore - they simply push onward with a new cast and setting and build on what came before, while maintaining a traditional Macross framework (singers, music, transforming mecha, love triangle etc)

Meanwhile...

HG explicitly advertises Robotech as co-equal to Star Wars and Star Trek in terms of popculture impact (a stupid and laughable claim), they TELL YOU that this is epic and amazing and perfectly woven and that it's all planned out and holds together perfectly.

They set you up with all these expectations, and then don't meet them.

The MO is in stark contrast here.

Kawamori: Hello - this is my fun story. I was thinking to make a parody, but this is what came out. I hope you like. ....(ten years later)...Oh...hello...I have made a continuation of my fun story...I hope you like it....

HG: THIS IS THE GREATEST STORY EVER! OR IT WILL BE WHEN WE MAKE IT! JUST WAIT! IT'S COMING! WHAT? "WHEN?" YOU ASK?! BAAAAAAAAAAAAANFFFUUUUCCKKER!!!!!!!!!

Pete

So is the idea of Harmony Gold selling the entire Robotech franchise to Warner Bros. the current theory? After thinking about it, I have to say it totally makes sense especially with the reasoning from jasonc. Obviously, HG wouldn't want anyone putting Robotech in a negative light when WB is planning to acquire rights to make a LAM that they think will be "gangbusters". But the fact that HG is willing to do whatever WB supposedly wants by not releasing any new info may indicate that WB is hoping to take over total control of Robotech - I would think that as the owner of the property, HG would still be able to make any decisions it wanted to without having to get permission from WB. Afterall, Kevin is always saying how HG is now in the Hollywood playground and franchise buyouts happen regularly there. I admit I'm no expert on this kind of thing, but definitely an interesting topic of discussion. Maybe I should post this question on the Robotech forums...

So is the idea of Harmony Gold selling the entire Robotech franchise to Warner Bros. the current theory? After thinking about it, I have to say it totally makes sense especially with the reasoning from jasonc. Obviously, HG wouldn't want anyone putting Robotech in a negative light when WB is planning to acquire rights to make a LAM that they think will be "gangbusters". But the fact that HG is willing to do whatever WB supposedly wants by not releasing any new info may indicate that WB is hoping to take over total control of Robotech - I would think that as the owner of the property, HG would still be able to make any decisions it wanted to without having to get permission from WB. Afterall, Kevin is always saying how HG is now in the Hollywood playground and franchise buyouts happen regularly there. I admit I'm no expert on this kind of thing, but definitely an interesting topic of discussion. Maybe I should post this question on the Robotech forums...

The idea has floated around here before. It's not like it's a new idea, just one that hasn't really been talked about too much. I'm sure if it's posted on rt.com, it'll get shot down by those trying to steer everything in their own direction. Not only that, you're also speculating and only mods can speculate. I also think that if it was true, they'd deny it till the day it happens. Robotech.com is not the place to talk about things robotech, especially things like that. Weird, but that's their world over there.

Afterall, Kevin is always saying how HG is now in the Hollywood playground and franchise buyouts happen regularly there. I admit I'm no expert on this kind of thing, but definitely an interesting topic of discussion. Maybe I should post this question on the Robotech forums...

Part of Kevin's job is to really curve facts to serve different needs. He's probably been saying stuff like that for the past three years since Shadow Chronicles came out. It's working though, like all the times he and others appeared on Space Station Liberty. People really think HG is working on Shadow Rising despite no news anywhere about collaborating with an animation company to get it done, since they don't have the capacity to do anything by themselves. Tommy Yune is the only real talent they have in house. That would be the kind of news both sides would not want to keep secret for long; HG to keep their fanbase and interested party's attention, and the Asian firm's reputation since most of the time working with a U.S. company is really a big deal in certain circles.

Part of Kevin's job is to really curve facts to serve different needs.

The best name for that sort of person is spin doctor, I guess.

Taksraven

Now that we think about it, how long has it been since we heard any new info for Shadow Rising? If i remember correctly, out of all the actual news that rarely came out throughout 2009, most of them were about the RLAM.

I can't believe those RT fans over there hasn't figure it out yet.

Option 3: Failure is the only option.

For Harmony Gold, failure's not a some-of-the-time thing it's an all-the-time thing. (Now read that back in a Phil Ken Sebben voice)

All they are doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

At this point, pretty much everything Robotech is one big Chinese fire drill intended to simulate signs of life for the benefit of the casual observer and the optimistic fan. Nothing will actually come of the things they do, it's just pointless motion and noise to keep their hands busy so the head office doesn't decide that they're dead weight and cut them loose.

Now that we think about it, how long has it been since we heard any new info for Shadow Rising? If i remember correctly, out of all the actual news that rarely came out throughout 2009, most of them were about the RLAM.

I can't believe those RT fans over there hasn't figure it out yet.

It depends what you count as actual news... the announcement of the project's existence and the working name "Shadow Rising" date back to '07, right after the DVD release of the Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles movie. Since that point, the only real news we've had about it has been the announcement (and subsequent retraction) that the project was on hiatus by Kevin McKeever in either late May or early June '08, and Tommy Yune's Spring '09 correction that the movie IS in fact on hold, so Harmony Gold can twiddle their collective thumbs and wait for Warner Brothers and the live-action movie to improve the franchise's prospects in the eyes of its potential investors.

Other than that, there was reportedly a brief little "teaser trailer" which was shown at conventions and had turned out to be made from recycled Shadow Chronicles footage.

Harmony Gold can twiddle their collective thumbs and wait for Warner Brothers and the live-action movie to improve the franchise's prospects in the eyes of its potential investors.

Shadow Chronicles has been released multiple times in video and on Hulu. They're dumping Prelude on a trade. That 'Beta' Fighter is finally out in blue, red and lemon-lime.

The well is drying up...

Gasp! Might Harmony Gold be forced to do something... new and original this year for their precious investors?!! :wacko:

The well is drying up...

Gasp! Might Harmony Gold be forced to do something... new and original this year for their precious investors?!! :wacko:

Nah, the well hasn't dried up completely... since they still haven't reissued the Maia Sterling VF/A-6ZX Shadow fighter MPC that was recalled by the manufacturer, they'll probably reissue that and milk their Alpha and Beta for a while yet. I'd say at the very least we can expect a Marcus Rush VF/A-6IX MPC and obviously black Beta fighters for both, and at least one "Super Shadow Fighter" with the corresponding "Synchro Beta" under some character's name (probably Marcus and Alex). After that, they can still turn around and shake down Southern Cross for some MPC designs, or maybe start in with masterpiece collection editions of the enemy mecha.

They've got enough crap to keep their merchandising limping along for a while yet.

Whether this latest period of inactivity during the all-important 25th Anniversary will reflect poorly on them in the eyes of their investors... it's a given they don't have anything special for this occasion.

Wouldn't it be funny if they managed to get the international licences for DYRL? and Mac Zero and pumped out dubs of said products as Robotech The Movie: Memories of Love and War and Robotech: 0rigins or whatever, looking to fill gaps in their production left by Shadow Rising and the LAME, using a tagline along the lines of "Celebrating 25 Years of Robotech by taking you back to the beginning and beyond" or whatever.

I was tempted to mock up some posters or trailers as if the above paragraph were actually happening and seeing if MEMO and friends would fall for it as "leaked materials" but I'm, ultimately, entirely too lazy.

Edited by Aladdin Sane

Wouldn't it be funny if they managed to get the international licences for DYRL? and Mac Zero and pumped out dubs of said products as Robotech The Movie: Memories of Love and War and Robotech: 0rigins or whatever, looking to fill gaps in their production left by Shadow Rising and the LAME, using a tagline along the lines of "Celebrating 25 Years of Robotech by taking you back to the beginning and beyond" or whatever.

Not really, no... I think "horrific" and "downright disgusting" would probably be better words to describe a nightmare scenario like that. Of course, Tommy would probably poo out a kidney trying to find a way to fit Macross Zero into the his rebooted Robotech continuity (the "Yune-iverse"), since that'd require scrapping most of the new Wildstorm comics to accommodate the new origins of the VF-1, effectively losing much of the continuity reboot material in the process.

Not really, no... I think "horrific" and "downright disgusting" would probably be better words to describe a nightmare scenario like that. Of course, Tommy would probably poo out a kidney trying to find a way to fit Macross Zero into the his rebooted Robotech continuity (the "Yune-iverse").

That's easy. Maia is _clearly_ an abandoned Invid Genesis pit from a forgotten earlier first contact, and the Maians are like, descendants of ancient Stage-5 invid/simulagents/royalty/whateverthefraktheycalltheynow, explaining their weird blood. The Bird Human even does the Phoenix of Light thing at the end. Sera and Shin reach Optera in the AFOS, bringing the Regis knowledge of Earth and humanity. Sera and Corg are based off the original Sera and Sean Cutter's genetic templates, just like Ariel is based off the original Marlene Rush (yes, they look nothing alike, but then neither does Ariel). :heh:

Edited by hulagu

The best name for that sort of person is spin doctor, I guess.

Exactly, the mods have taken that responsibility to heart as well. As a general rule of thumb, it's best not to go to rt.com for a serious conversation about anything. People will get the run around every time until they either give up or are banned for causing a scene. In fact, don't take the site seriously at all, since the company behind it clearly doesn't, with most of the content there left unchanged for years.

Edited by Einherjar

I tried to sign up for the Robotech forums a while back, but I still have yet to recieve my validation email. I wonder if I've been blacklisted for posting at this place.

This brings us back to the issue of Memo not blacklisting himself for posting at this place :lol:

Pete

Exactly, the mods have taken that responsibility to heart as well. As a general rule of thumb, it's best not to go to rt.com for a serious conversation about anything. People will get the run around every time until they either give up or are banned for causing a scene.

It wasn't always thus... back before Maverick and MEMO decided they were experts on everything from the legal disputes over Macross to the inner workings of Warner Bros and adopted their current policy of banning anyone who pointed out their all-too-obvious bullshit there used to be a small but vocal community within the greater Robotech.com community made up of people who knew what they were talking about and weren't above little things like doing research. Unfortunately, by their very nature the members of that little community ended up as the main opposition to the relentless campaign of bullshit, misdirection, and fraud being perpetrated against the fanbase by pathological liars and wanna-be insiders MEMO1DOMINION and Maverick_LSC.

Now that the deadly duo of dangerous dimwits (with added alliterative appeal) have managed to ban almost everyone who dared to disagree with their pants-on-head imbecilic assertions, the Robotech.com community has found itself shorn of its first, last, and only line of defense against the armies of ignorant twats who make up the majority of the site's population these days. Without that small cadre of experts running around behind the lines, there's no way for anyone to get a straight answer anymore. Now even simple questions like "how big was the SDF-1" are fodder for debates that run for hundreds of posts, and there're half a dozen different threads debating the whereabouts and size of the nonexistent SDF-2.

I was tempted to mock up some posters or trailers as if the above paragraph were actually happening and seeing if MEMO and friends would fall for it as "leaked materials" but I'm, ultimately, entirely too lazy.

As a consolation, the chances of HG hijacking DYRL and Macross Zero is pretty slim. However, if they do get the license (probably through underhanded means) and then try to adapt DYRL and Zero as part of Robotech, SN and BW will definitely gonna sue HG for copyright theft or whatever lawsuit that involves copyright/IP infringements. With their shaky legal standing, HG will definitely lose if they get into a legal proceeding.

In a way, HG has been known to skirt a little bit far beyond what they can legally claim, and the last time they did this shenanigan, they got burned. I don't think they'll gonna do that kind of stunt again, or they'll get their @sses sued.

In a way, HG has been known to skirt a little bit far beyond what they can legally claim, and the last time they did this shenanigan, they got burned. I don't think they'll gonna do that kind of stunt again, or they'll get their @sses sued.

You forget the LAM, we're in the middle of watching the fallout from that every day. It will get worse regardless of whether professionals get serious about it or HG continues to stall their own plans.

Keep the pressure on everyone.

Edited by Einherjar

Not really, no... I think "horrific" and "downright disgusting" would probably be better words to describe a nightmare scenario like that.

Well yeah, from our perspective as Macross fans or to other people that generally have a bit of taste you're right, but it'd be interesting to see the reactions from the hardcore Robotech tribe that have insisted that everything that came after SDF Macross was rubbish once such things get incorporated into Robotech (though, really, I suppose it wouldn't go much further than "Well yeah, but they made them better now so it's alright").

Of course, Tommy would probably poo out a kidney trying to find a way to fit Macross Zero into the his rebooted Robotech continuity (the "Yune-iverse"), since that'd require scrapping most of the new Wildstorm comics to accommodate the new origins of the VF-1, effectively losing much of the continuity reboot material in the process.

Yeah, that's the other angle I was looking at it from. Robotech fans in general hate the slightest change to the status quo, imagine what this kind of upheaval would do to them.

I suppose "funny" wasn't really the best way to put it, "a fascinating trainwreck" might have been more appropriate.

Edited by Aladdin Sane

Ugh....I don't post a lot in here but I read pretty much most of what is said. I went over to Robotech.com and was thumbing through this thread:

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...mp;pagenumber=5

I can't believe the crap Pizza is saying on the last page. How can someone be that uninformed? Has he actually ever even watched Macross Frontier? I can't believe the things he's spewing out as factual. Do people actually listen to him at all?

Robotech does not force sex themes in their stories while macross Frontier eggs on a under age sex theme involving Ranka 16 yrs old and Alto 18 yrs.Ya call it legal in other countries but here in the great U.S.A. under age sex relations are still a bad thing

Robotech Art 1 "The Official Guide to the Robotech Universe" lists Minmei's age as 15 and Rick Hunter's as 19. I'm not sure how that is any different then Ranka and Alto.

I heard BW does not want to open up trade negotiations to let macross worldwide.And that seems to have "damned" the macross franchise into a permenant state of piracy and mediocre fan subbed movies

I’m not sure where he heard that, but actually if there was anyone to blame for Macross not existing outside of Japan it’s HG for sitting on the franchise and not doing anything worthwhile with it.

Even online stores have hard time importing macross items to sell

Wow..talk about uninformed. The reason they have a hard time importing Macross items to sell is because of HG and their “cease and desist” letters. Does he seriously not know that’s happened at least twice?

macross ripped off elements from Space Battleship Yamato! just watch it and see so much similarities!

This is my favorite thing he said. Macross ripped off Yamato. But Robotech ripped off Macross. And not only that Robotech has pretty much ripped off everything to get where they are. Which really isn’t that far.

And Macross Frontier called Sheryl Nome the "space nympho" and her next to nude shots were a bad thing.

Eh? “Space Nympho?” I admit I don't speak Japanese. I watched all of Shinsen's Subs subbed Macross Frontier several times and I don't recall seeing Space Nympho anywhere. I recall it as "Galactic Fairy" Perhaps Shinsen didn't sub it right? Doubt it.

Ok...venting over. I had all this ready to post on Robotech.com but I figured I'd just get banned since I was disagreeing. And I didn't want to give MRCAPSLOCK the satisfaction.

You forget the LAM, we're in the middle of watching the fallout from that every day. It will get worse regardless of whether professionals get serious about it or HG continues to stall their own plans.

Keep the pressure on everyone.

I don't think its going to be an issue with the LAM (IF it ever gets made), because it will end up looking like the original Robotech as much as the Michael Bay Transformers resembles the Transformers G1 series (in other words, no resemblance at all)

Basically there is no way that they would do transforming fighters based on old F-14's. If anything, I have always suspected that this project would have to be more scared of legal action for plagiarism from the Transformers franchise.

Taksraven

I can't believe the crap Pizza is saying on the last page. How can someone be that uninformed? Has he actually ever even watched Macross Frontier? I can't believe the things he's spewing out as factual. Do people actually listen to him at all?

The answers to your questions are:

• Easy... he's a "true" Robotech fan. Intelligence is a rare commodity among Robotech fans, and spewing uninformed hate at the mention of Macross and anime in general comes with the territory.
  • Yes, he has... he watched it on Veoh or bought a bootleg, I forget which. Either way, his initial reaction to the show on RobotechX was to label Alto a transvestite and condemn Bobby for being gay, then leaping to condemn the entirety of the series as "pro-gay propaganda". After being told to stop acting like an ass, he accused everyone present of being "pro-gay sympathizers" and that we were working to legislate homosexuality on everyone in the world in the near future.
  • No.

Robotech Art 1 "The Official Guide to the Robotech Universe" lists Minmei's age as 15 and Rick Hunter's as 19. I'm not sure how that is any different then Ranka and Alto.

Generally speaking, only the most belligerent, immature, illiterate, ignorant, and downright revolting examples of Robotech fandom try to play the "all anime is pedophilia" card, and they usually tactfully forget that the age difference between Alto and Ranka or Hikaru and Minmay is much smaller than that between Robotech's Rick and Minmei, and that had he done anything with Minmei, Rick WOULD have been a child molester.

I’m not sure where he heard that, but actually if there was anyone to blame for Macross not existing outside of Japan it’s HG for sitting on the franchise and not doing anything worthwhile with it.

He's going on a remark Tommy made about Harmony Gold trying to cut a deal with Big West, and being rebuffed. (Reportedly Harmony Gold basically just wanted to rub it in that any future Macross licenses have to go through them because of the trademark and hope that Big West'd cave)

This is my favorite thing he said. Macross ripped off Yamato. But Robotech ripped off Macross. And not only that Robotech has pretty much ripped off everything to get where they are. Which really isn’t that far.

That's the other card the most ignorant of their number play... the "Macross is ripping off show X" card. Usually it's a very general observation on par with "well they both have spaceships" or "they both have giant robots that transform into jets" or other generic malarkey along those lines. A lot of them try accusing Macross of copying Gundam as though the relationship between the two shows wasn't common knowledge.

Eh? “Space Nympho?” I admit I don't speak Japanese. I watched all of Shinsen's Subs subbed Macross Frontier several times and I don't recall seeing Space Nympho anywhere. I recall it as "Galactic Fairy" Perhaps Shinsen didn't sub it right? Doubt it.

Might just be the crappy quality of the bootleg he bought since he doesn't have a computer and has to do all of his posting from a video game console. The guy's a first-class moron who spent his first few weeks over on RT.com under his previous name of "Wraith_knight" (he made a clone account to get away from all the hate he provoked) trying to say Macross wasn't a more prolific franchise than Robotech because he wasn't aware of any of the Macross shows after DYRL... he later tried to claim that wasn't true and he was just "testing" me, but anybody and their dog could see it was bullshit.

Ugh....I don't post a lot in here but I read pretty much most of what is said. I went over to Robotech.com and was thumbing through this thread:

Robotech does not force sex themes in their stories while macross Frontier eggs on a under age sex theme involving Ranka 16 yrs old and Alto 18 yrs.Ya call it legal in other countries but here in the great U.S.A. under age sex relations are still a bad thing

I heard BW does not want to open up trade negotiations to let macross worldwide.And that seems to have "damned" the macross franchise into a permenant state of piracy and mediocre fan subbed movies

Even online stores have hard time importing macross items to sell

Wow..talk about uninformed. The reason they have a hard time importing Macross items to sell is because of HG and their “cease and desist” letters. Does he seriously not know that’s happened at least twice?

macross ripped off elements from Space Battleship Yamato! just watch it and see so much similarities!

And Macross Frontier called Sheryl Nome the "space nympho" and her next to nude shots were a bad thing.

Ok...venting over. I had all this ready to post on Robotech.com but I figured I'd just get banned since I was disagreeing. And I didn't want to give MRCAPSLOCK the satisfaction.

You know, if Memo and Maverick hardly pay any attention to that wacko, why should any of us? I don't even think he realizes that the article of interest in that thread is meant more as a spoof, or more of a joke than anything. Yet, he's treating it as proof. He made mention that Robotech fans are better based on how we make fun of them? We only make fun of the select few, like himself, whom are too stupid to really think for themselves, and the others who are trying to "drink the cool-aid".

Think of it this way...He's like a dumb kid who hears what those in authority say, and then goes to his friends and tries to repeat the knowledge in the retarded form that he picked it all up in. I think most of what he says is just for shock value. It'd be more sad if he was serious about what he says. Then I'd seriously think he's just someone with some serious baggage, or has some serious mental issues.

What they really don't get is that most of these animes are similar in some ways. Nobody said Macross didn't have similarities between Gundam, or Space Battleship Yamato. But here's the difference, Macross may be "like" Gundam, but Robotech IS Macross, along with 3 other shows. That's an argument any RT fan going there should run into. They'll never win that one.

Edited by Jasonc

I love the whole sex=bad line that they are trying to push as to why Robotech is better than Macross. Makes them sound like a bunch of moronic virginal puritans. Don't look down Pizza, you might see your own todger. Better cut it off with a knife so there are no more evil "urges".

Taksraven

I love the whole sex=bad line that they are trying to push as to why Robotech is better than Macross. Makes them sound like a bunch of moronic virginal puritans. Don't look down Pizza, you might see your own todger. Better cut it off with a knife so there are no more evil "urges".

Taksraven

You know, taking a slice of sausage pizza has a whole new meaning. :(

I don't think its going to be an issue with the LAM (IF it ever gets made), because it will end up looking like the original Robotech as much as the Michael Bay Transformers resembles the Transformers G1 series (in other words, no resemblance at all)

Basically there is no way that they would do transforming fighters based on old F-14's. If anything, I have always suspected that this project would have to be more scared of legal action for plagiarism from the Transformers franchise.

Um, that would be fallout anyway, now wouldn't it? ^_^

Edited by Einherjar