Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

They're selling the toy for the same price they did four years ago. Can't say the same thing about Star Wars figures.

Is anyone still expecting to get their Masterpiece Beta for $80? ;p

Yeah, except 4 years ago at least it was a toy from a shows that many of us cared about. Now, it's just a recolor, from a horribly disappointed lazy self-serving movie.

Yeah, except 4 years ago at least it was a toy from a shows that many of us cared about. Now, it's just a recolor, from a horribly disappointed lazy self-serving movie.

Also, the U.S. is technically in a recession, so why spend money on a re-release with a different color and questionable quality? People should learn how to spend money more wisely, or at least stop giving it to these people if things like this tend to happen. Just screw authenticity and paint an existing fighter with Maia's colors if you want.

Believe it or not, Hasbro's new Ewok figures are said to be good sellers.

They're selling the toy for the same price they did four years ago. Can't say the same thing about Star Wars figures.

Exactly why they're so stupid. They've been selling this crap for years; don't they know how much it costs yet? I'm not criticizing their price -- I'm criticizing them for a bait and switch. They should have advertised the correct price from the start.

Pretty funny that I knew you'd be the next post. You can always be counted on to defend HG's bullshit. :lol:

Edited by danth

Yeah, that new Maia Sterling is..... crap. Purple? Tommy Yune... get out of here with that crap.

Not to mention that toy on my shelf would just be a constant reminder of a crappy movie, with a terrible script, awful dialogue, abysmal directing, mediocre integration of CG with hand anmation... and no real new mecha.

Pretty funny that I knew you'd be the next post. You can always be counted on to defend HG's bullshit. :lol:
And you can always be counted on to spout ridiculous crap about me. I was simply commenting on the price, not the foul-up regarding the pre-order.

Cool then!!!

Another thing; IMO both toys colors match quite well. Maybe not perfect, but pretty decent taking into account the huge gap between their release dates.

Along the same lines, I'm thinking about getting a Dark Legioss/Shadow Alpha. The one on Robotech.com is $59.99. Not sure which company makes that. I'm assuming Toynami? The Brave Gohkin (is that made by CM?) which I see other places seems to sell for around $130-140. Does anyone what is different between these two, justifying such a huge price difference?

Thanks.

Christ. Robotech.com gets the price wrong, automatically cancels your preorder, and asks if you want to order at the new price... and this makes them the 'worst company on earth'? Get out of your little fanboy bubble, child.

No. Robotech.com & Toynami claim to make awesome toys, then delay their releases for a loooooonnnnnggg time, then, when the toy is actually released, their quality is very poor and the toy is Sh!T. THAT's why they're called Crapnami.

:mellow:

Edited by Vermillion21

Along the same lines, I'm thinking about getting a Dark Legioss/Shadow Alpha. The one on Robotech.com is $59.99. Not sure which company makes that. I'm assuming Toynami? The Brave Gohkin (is that made by CM?) which I see other places seems to sell for around $130-140. Does anyone what is different between these two, justifying such a huge price difference?

Thanks.

Yes, 15K of the Toynami were made, it's probably closer to 1.5K of the CMs. Also, the CMs is made of higher quality materials and is just all around made better. Another plus for the CMs is that it has the unique Shadow Fighter shoulders that the toynami Shadow Fighter lacks. Sadly, it's not all sunshine with the CMs, it has its faults too including two different tones of white paint, a head that can't be turned, and the CMs interpretation of the sculpt. Visit www.anymoon.com for more info :)

well...I've just seen some pics of the Beagle, any complete reviews on this? I'm really liking it more than the small CM and skinny Megahouse, 1/10 that's slighty bigger than a Yamato 1/48 right?

man...if the reviews are good on this thing I'll gladly shed the 200 bucks for this...always wanted a mospeada cyclone

Yes, 15K of the Toynami were made, it's probably closer to 1.5K of the CMs. Also, the CMs is made of higher quality materials and is just all around made better. Another plus for the CMs is that it has the unique Shadow Fighter shoulders that the toynami Shadow Fighter lacks. Sadly, it's not all sunshine with the CMs, it has its faults too including two different tones of white paint, a head that can't be turned, and the CMs interpretation of the sculpt. Visit www.anymoon.com for more info :)

Thanks for the info... though I think I'm better informed and much more confused now...

well...I've just seen some pics of the Beagle, any complete reviews on this? I'm really liking it more than the small CM and skinny Megahouse, 1/10 that's slighty bigger than a Yamato 1/48 right?

man...if the reviews are good on this thing I'll gladly shed the 200 bucks for this...always wanted a mospeada cyclone

There is only the prototype model thais being reviewd currently. Production has been delayed until January/Febuary.

:ph34r: A reliable source in Japan told me that the delay is due to a QC problem. Apparently the factories in China that produce high-end toys from Japan have not been affected by the recent closures.

I think I'll have my Beta on Monday of next week. If I get it Monday I could probably have a review up on Wednesday. I'm pretty excited.

I should have mine at the same time, but I'm really interested to see the differences between the Toynami version and the CM version. I never got onto the CM bandwagon, but I've seen them listed in the low 100's here and there. If you have the time, please include a few notes about the differences between Toynami and CM.

Thanks!!

Are CM and Megahouse the same company, or do we have 4 separate companies making MOSPEADA items: CM, Megahouse, Toynami, and Beagle?

Sorry, I'm a little new to this side of things.

CM's Corp and Megahouse are two seperate companies. Competitors, in fact.

Ok, so CM and Megahouse and Beagle all make MOSPEADAs, and CM and Toynami both make Legioss and Tleads?

Ok, so CM and Megahouse and Beagle all make MOSPEADAs, and CM and Toynami both make Legioss and Tleads?
Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong at any particular point.

CM's: Ride Armor, Legioss & Tread

Megahouse: Ride Armor

Toynami: Veritech, Alpha, Beta, Cyclone

Beagle: Ride Armor (same mold as Toynami's Cyclone, different head)

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong at any particular point.

CM's: Ride Armor, Legioss & Tread

Megahouse: Ride Armor

Toynami: Veritech, Alpha, Beta, Cyclone

Beagle: Ride Armor (same mold as Toynami's Cyclone, different head)

I thought Beagle was the maker of the new Masterpiece Cyclone, which is a much larger scale than any of the others?