Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

so balance issues seem inevitable. Oh well

Maybe not. Those are old painted prototype shots. That means it's probably heavier than the production version and the figure's joints are probably not final either. It could balance itself well with the legs angled backwards a bit because of the odd center of gravity, but that's a design issue.

all ride armor toys have balance issues. It's part of the top heavy design. Even the old gakken can barely stand unless you had it just standing there. I think including the stand makes up for any issues posing it, otherwise I'd be pretty disappointed.

>EXO< is 100% correct. Unless the legs were cast from solid lead, and the rest of the toy from hollow plastic, there will be balance issues. The old school Gakkens are no different in this respect - the lack of balance is a given by design.

While the MH and CMs have nice detail, I still stand by the Gakken as the absolute epitome of the Ride Armor design... Though the Beagle is looking like a very strong contender for the title at this point in time.

I'm handling the CMs VR-41 and I'm torn again as to whether or not I prefer the MegaHouse or the CMs figure. The proportions are better on the CMs and the weight distribution is so much better. As you guys say, balance issues are bound to happen with a ride armor toy but if you put the wheels above the shoulders it's not so terribly unstable (keep the center of weight towards the figure's center and it does wonders). If the CMs featured feet that extended like the MH it would be remarkably stable (again, speaking within the realm of Ride Armor toys). You can definitely make the CMs Ride Armors stand looking naturally without a stand, you don't have to make it appear as if the figure is walking into a strong wind like you do with Mega House. This is the goal I'm hoping Beagle will strive for.

That joke was way better when Exo made it 2 years ago -

Total Score: (8/10) Packaging/Charm, (28/40) Legioss, (33/40) Tlead, (69/90) Overall

Edit - you need to watch this video, I came very close to ditching scores all together but I noticed some people really like numbers but I still can't help agreeing with Yahtzee's sentiment

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...ailbag-Showdown

Edited by jenius

That joke was way better when Exo made it 2 years ago -

Total Score: (8/10) Packaging/Charm, (28/40) Legioss, (33/40) Tlead, (69/90) Overall

Edit - you need to watch this video, I came very close to ditching scores all together but I noticed some people really like numbers but I still can't help agreeing with Yahtzee's sentiment

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...ailbag-Showdown

I absent the day the joke was made. :p

I'm not knocking your reviews, I think they get the point across up until you get to your conclusion. Since you have a variety of sections why not keep them as such and not jumble them into a lump score at the end?

When you review a product and the product itself is piss-poor but the packaging is fantastic does it really add up the same when you compare a fantastic product with piss-poor packaging?

Just my two cents. ;)

You guys all going to buy the robotech version now? I actually think the new head does look better imo.

Sad that the thing is actually $200. I was hoping it would be cheaper than that. Still I guess the packaging costs are probably high these days... :D:p

MOSPEADA VERSION ALL THE WAY!

meh, i was just posting it to annoy, so whats the new head like in comparison to the Mospy version? I can't remember, was that in the last thread? Also i haven't seen the box art yet, and of course i would rather a Mospeada version. But hey, whatever is cheaper.

I'll tell you what though, if Houquet(Rook) RT version gets another head, i'll be buying that version.

I was even thinking about getting two of her. But we'll see, i wonder if they will do an extra head for the next releases? (Rey, Houq, etc)

I don't think they will have extra heads for the later releases since they those characters were missing from SC.

>EXO< is 100% correct. Unless the legs were cast from solid lead, and the rest of the toy from hollow plastic, there will be balance issues. The old school Gakkens are no different in this respect - the lack of balance is a given by design.

While the MH and CMs have nice detail, I still stand by the Gakken as the absolute epitome of the Ride Armor design... Though the Beagle is looking like a very strong contender for the title at this point in time.

I think you could hog out the bottom of the feet and fill them with a slug of this stuff that crankshaft balancers use as "heavy metal". The stuff is super dense. I may try it on one of mine. I'll bet two small slugs of this stuff weigh about as much as half of the figure.

I was tempted to buy the Beagle Ride Armor from Overdrive, but I was holding off a little longer. But since it's up on Robotech.com and I have all of the other Masterpiece collections (I'm a completist!) I went ahead and threw down the money.

Is the Cyclone being offered on RT.com the same as Beagle is making? I thought they were two different toys altogether.

That's what they've been saying. The Japanese version is going to be about $40 more, plus presumably higher shipping costs.

Just got the CM's Dark Legioss yesterday. I've finally admitted to the lamentable conclusion that the design just doesn't isn't fit for a good looking fighter mode in a variable toy or model. If only the fixed-mode models were bigger...

Lovin' all the ride armours we've been getting, though.

I am wondeing how well this robotech.com shop works?

Is it as good and safe as hlj.com?

And what is the difference between those two legioss except price? Anybody knows?

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=307

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=199

The first one is the Aoshima one and the second is the toynami masterpeice one. Cant tell from these pics but he Aoshima one is a bit brighter green. Also it has the missles under the chestplates, which are slightly different shape. I have heard that both are prone to some problems. Check out Jenius's reviews on scorched earth toys.

Just got the CM's Dark Legioss yesterday. I've finally admitted to the lamentable conclusion that the design just doesn't isn't fit for a good looking fighter mode in a variable toy or model. If only the fixed-mode models were bigger...

Lovin' all the ride armours we've been getting, though.

Since you're the only other person I know who has one, were you immediately turned off also by the two different tones of white? The intakes look different from the head? What's up with that?

I'll get the Robo version. Is there any other place besides Robotech.com where I can preorder it (now or eventually)? Somewhere Paypal friendly I mean.

Kevin (valk exchange) deals with Toynami (begrudgingly sometimes I'm sure). Since we're probably no where near a Toynami release I'll bet he'll come through with a preorder at some point down the road.