Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

ok, so what did people pay for this? The place I go to sold them for 110.00. So that's pretty high. How much did you guys pay for yours with shipping? I hope I can find it for 100 on the next batch that's coming out. :p:D:lol:

US$105 shipped from TOYNK.com as they have a $5 flat rate shipping. They shipped my order the next day I ordered. Pretty neat. Never deal with them before, but they have it in stock early & the price was pretty good. Yeah, and I cancelled my order from HLJ.com too, as I pre-ordered it on Oct18, but still not good enough to get mine from the first shipment. Turned out TOYNK.com or BBTS is cheaper than HLJ even if I go for SAL shipping. I guess MPConvoy is really big & heavy.

american version = "battle damage"

takara version = off the assembly line

So you guys didn't order the us version (pics seen at previous pages)

Only the battledamage versions are now available? :huh:

available now is the Takara version that has some molded wear but no burn or black marks.

Hasbro's should be available end of jan and will feature the same molded wear but it will also have burn and blak marks painted on it.

takara=long stacks, grey gun

hasbro=short, supposed black gun

How much did you guys pay for yours with shipping? I hope I can find it for 100 on the next batch that's coming out. :p:D:lol:

Well. I barely made it under the one hundred mark ($99.98 to be exact).........ordered mine from TOYNK.com. UPS says it'll be here by next Monday. B))

Ensign G. I'd also like to know where you found MP Convoy for $86.....that's the best deal I've heard of so far. :blink:

Got mine for the equivalent of $86 USD. no shipping and i got to choose from a sealed box! naturally i got the one in the middle as boxes form both ends are crumpled. C10 MP prime at such a sweet deal! woohoo!

Same deal as the one I got here. Got it on the 23rd, good thing I made early reservations before the store got swamped.

Everything is good except for Smokescreen like instruction manual, white lines over black.

available now is the Takara version that has some molded wear but no burn or black marks.

Hasbro's should be available end of jan and will feature the same molded wear but it will also have burn and blak marks painted on it.

Actually, it looks like Hasbro's has a grey gun too. And I don't see all of that black crap on his forearms, just a little on his shoulders. Remy got one:

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=To...ze=1000&start=0

post-26-1072381152_thumb.jpg

Actually, it looks like Hasbro's has a grey gun too. And I don't see all of that black crap on his forearms, just a little on his shoulders. Remy got one:

Looks like hasbrow has pulled a fast one. I though they said black gun? That would have at least compensated for the "short stack". Now before anyone reacts, let me state it clearly that I'm not a Hasbrow basher. It's just a shame coz I was excited to see the gun black at an official release. And now they will expect to "correct" it with future releases. Sheesh! I hate variants. They drive me nuts.

Mr.Sci-Fi: My toy shop here in the Philippines gets them for retail and shares the savings with his customers (Thanks Malvin!). I guess shipping to a southeast asian country cuts down a lot from the overhead. But that was just for his 1st batch which quickly vanished. Next 2 batches were increased to the equivalent of $95 and $100 respectively. He says that the demand is so overwhelming at this time that the suppliers jack prices up for the few remaining stocks. He also advices that the next production run for Takara should be late January and prices should cool off by then.

WTf is with the damn wire ties? I bought my brother a Unicron for Christmas and it took me half an hour to get all the tie off and then I found he's also TAPED into the box with plastic inserts with yet more wire ties! Is it some US toy regulation that it must take you at least ten minutes to get a transforming toy out of its box or something?

Is it some US toy regulation that it must take you at least ten minutes to get a transforming toy out of its box or something?

I think so. Alot of recent American released toys have been like that. The Armada Super Prime was a pain. All the tie wraps and some were taped down. Then you had the clear rubber bans in between parts. It was a mess.

I think its so that the toy survives shipping. If you notice, in addition to the tie-wraps, there's lots of dead space (Space with no purpose, other than to inflate the shipping price) around the toy, so that the package can be damaged, but the toy will survive without a scratch.

As to my solution, it's a steady hand, wire snips, and an exacto knife. After about 2-3 minutes at the most, the toy is free.

I actually have nail clippers set aside just for those damn twist ties. Could have used them a couple of years ago when one of my friends picked up Brave Maximus at BotCon. When he saw how many twist ties were holding him down, he nearly cried. :p

Ugh...I forgot about BM's twisty nightmare. I think the ball of ties I had after opening him weighed somewhere close to three pounds. :blink:

I think its so that the toy survives shipping.  If you notice, in addition to the tie-wraps, there's lots of dead space (Space with no purpose, other than to inflate the shipping price) around the toy, so that the package can be damaged, but the toy will survive without a scratch.

I haven't heard of any breakage of the takara release. Heres it's tray. I think its just the packaging people at hasbro get off on making us suffer.

post-26-1071193895.jpg

Edited by Toast

From BBTS news letter if anyome missed it

HASBRO 20TH ANNIVERSARY OPTIMUS PRIME:  Our shipment has arrived a bit

ahead of schedule and the awesome 20th prime is now available.  Pre-Orders

will be processed this weekend and shipped next week.  The Hasbro prime is

basically the same as the Takara prime.  The main differences are the lack

of a cardboard trailer, shortened smokestacks, and some minor battle

damage style paint.  Available now for $74.99 and as far as I know BBTS is

the only store in the country to currently have this item in stock!

Everything Hasbro puts out recently has the damn ties and bands on them. Armada was horrible and Energon is picking up right where Armada left off. Enough with the earthquake proof packing Hasblow.

If they didn't secure it well, imagine the complaints then.

Alternators Smokescreen has absolutely no twist-ties, actually.

Very true, just secured very well with plastic. I was kind of joking only on my last post. Good packaging can be done without safety wiring the product into oblivion. I'm just sying I would rather have it come with a little excessive protection instead of too little protection.

But it matters not since I have a Takara comiing from Tam.

How was Unicron's packaging, anyone? As bad?