Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

However, there's always the possibility that whoever owns the VF-27 just stole it/hacked it (Like Ranka's promotion site was) from Galaxy Fleet

But it was shown folding with other -27's at the end of episode 7.

I've been wondering about the attack scene with the red varja in the first ep too. Although i'm starting to wonder if the SD cannons opperate like charging weapons in various video games because on their first salvo each lobster took out one ship but all the subsequent shots to the next ship they came across only damaged the cruiser(granted seriously) but the ship wasn't sunk.

You are talking about episode 4 when the lone Vajra destroyed part of a Zentradi battleship? Well, a Zentradi battleship is bigger than a human frigate to begin with. That ship was a 2000m long Thuverl-Salan, whose reactors also ceased to function long time ago (probably even this plays a part). The human frigates are around 300m long.

Could it be that the entire Macross Galaxy disappearance was a staged event? I mean the suriving crew of the Dulfim is still in isolation and quarantine following their debriefing. Of course this is just speculation as usual.

It may be arranged more than staged. That is, many civilians could have really died.

Is is just me or does Brera's VF-27 color markings is a throwback to Nora's SV-51?

Which was a throwback to M7's FZ-109 Elgerzorene :ph34r: The Elgerzorene even had an experimental blaster that could down ships.

FV

I think I finally figured out the whole Mikhail / Michel mess.

The character's name is Micheal Blanc. Hence the pronounciation sounding like Mikhail (or Mikal), but his friends call him Michel as a nick name.

Finally understood what was going on there, only took 9 eps to clear that up... :rolleyes:

Usually, though--if you're the hotheaded young hero--it either takes the love of a good woman or a devastating loss to make you calm down...

Excellent avatar, well done.

When they got that distress call, I thought I heard the classic mangled english word "emargancy" being used again. Anybody else hear it?

Taksraven

Yeah, I don't quite get that. I am curious as to what your thinking is on the subject. The "triangle" in Macross hasn't only been a romantic one, we generally have three parties that are, in some sense, against each other, but in the end two of them unite to defeat the third. In Macross F, I see this as the Frontier, the Galaxy, and the Vajra. But this is only my opinion, how are you seeing this?

It does seem to be a three-way fight opening up. But I suspect that will change because I reckon that if we ever do get to see the Galaxy it will have been assimilated by the Vajra as some sort of Hive. If that happens your theory might turn out to be correct because I suspect we would see VF-25s going into battle alongside VF-27's to defeat the Vajra and the possessed Galaxy.

I think that the Vajra are a hive race of some description, maybe an experiment carried out by the Protoculture.

Taksraven

The character's name is Micheal Blanc. Hence the pronounciation sounding like Mikhail (or Mikal), but his friends call him Michel as a nick name.

Finally understood what was going on there, only took 9 eps to clear that up... :rolleyes:

I am starting to think that too. Cause there is definately two different ways his name is prounounced and it clear in this episide.

Episode 8 told us that.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=600091

And "Mikhail" and "Michel" are both correct since those are the Russian and French/Netherlands pronunciation of "Michael".

When Alto is pissed or raging, He calls the Sniper Mikhail. When he is at peace and friends with the womanizing bastard, he calls him Michel.

Actually I think he always called him Mikhail (either that or "that guy"), it was only after the incident with the VF-27 that he started calling him Michel.

Just noticed that Kawamori must really like the french language,

in the tombstone of Mikhail's sister it says "Repose en paix" which is Rest in Peace in french. It makes sense since Blanc is a french lastname. So Mikhail is a French/Zentran descendant?

Actually I think he always called him Mikhail (either that or "that guy"), it was only after the incident with the VF-27 that he started calling him Michel.

Yep mystery solved, that was some confusing 9 episodes that made us wonder, why can't they decide on how to pronounce his name.

You guys think we will get to hear a new version of the Mayan song in episode 10?

Yep mystery solved, that was some confusing 9 episodes that made us wonder, why can't they decide on how to pronounce his name.

You guys think we will get to hear a new version of the Mayan song in episode 10?

I think its going to be the theme song that ranka sings

Just saw AiA-IZ's sub.

Once again kudos to them for another execellent episode.

Just heard the voice commanding Brera, and I'm pretty sure that that's the voice of Kikuko Inoue, I distinctly remeber her using that voice in her Miria character in "Claymore."

I don't know though if grace is this mysterious officer in episode 9 or not. But it might give credit in some way to my earlier comment about Kikuko Inoue voicing two different characters in MF (Grace & Mysterious officer of Brera) just like Houko Kuwashima who is voicing (Kanaria Berstein & Nanase Matsuura)

Mayan May'n? That'd be cool... ^_^

Brera Sterne is voiced by Souichiro Hoshi (aka Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed). Not Kikuko Inoue.

He is talking about the officer that commands Brera.. not brera himself

Yeah I was talking about the Mysterious Officer that was ordering/commanding Brera to deal with the Vajra nest. Sorry if it was a bit vague.

Well anyways I just re-watched certain episodes of Claymore again and it seems the voice of the Mysterious officer is the same voice used by Kikuko Inoue in her Miria character in Claymore.

ALSO......It seems the pilot in a Q-Rau is actually flying the mecha like the old Regult battle pods instead of it being a power suit for giant Zentraedi, since if the Q-Rau were really a suit worn by Klan-Klan she would have lost both her arms and legs in this episode.

Edited by grss1982

Definitely getting a Nirvash vibe from the Vf-27 head!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/evi...snap-549589.png

Feels more like an Aquarion Mars vibe to me.

ALSO......It seems the pilot in a Q-Rau is actually flying the mecha like the old Regult battle pods instead of it being a power suit for giant Zentraedi, since if the Q-Rau were really a suit worn by Klan-Klan she would have lost both her arms and legs in this episode.

It was also like this since DYRL? but not explicitly clear. If the Yamato toy is any canon to go by, the legs go into the backpack and the hands stay in the same position as in Frontier. Only the N-ger was worn like a exo suit.

Yeah, already knew that since I used to have an old Q-Rau + Miriya kit back in the day. Also I think it's pretty clear in the shots of her egressing and ingressing from/to the suit.

The real question is where do her legs go?

It was also like this since DYRL? but not explicitly clear. If the Yamato toy is any canon to go by, the legs go into the backpack and the hands stay in the same position as in Frontier.

In episode 4, it seems more like she's in a sitting position inside the suit.

Edited by d3v

I was wondering if they'd include an homage to Macross Zero as well, but it looks like more than just an homage coming...

They've already had homages to just about every animated Macross in Frontier.

Alto: "You can be my wingman anytime, Michel!"

If it wasn't for that not-so-manly moment, this episode would have been 101% perfect. Instead, it's only 100% perfect. It's episodes like this that keep me watching and keep the series from dipping into yet another anime.

Also, I predict the following happening in a future episode:

Leon: "Use short, controlled bursts."

Ozma: "What are we supposed to fight the vajra with, harsh language?"

Alto: "Back away from my Ranka you bitch!"

Luca: "Game over man, game over!"

Edited by ssfsx17

After watching this episode, it is by far the best save the Episode 7 full of mecha p0rn. I was getting bored since it was getting way too much of the Macross feeling, SDF Macross series wise. This episode stands outs different but still keeping a little Macross feel which made it more enjoyable. I like it that we know more about Michael and his past. Michael is my favorite character. As much as I hate Alto, this episode got me warming up to him with him being more forgiving and understanding. Everyone there has a reason to be in SMS.

And to see Klan bitch slap him because he said he would get arrested for the doing things to her that would seem obscene when she becomes micronized just had me laughing. Of course she is in love with him but he was too arrogant to see it. Man, to see Michael go all out on Alto's face when Alto mentions his sister was just priceless. In the end, we all get to know Michael a little better. Good to see it become more of character developement. What I want to know is why Grace brought that up about his sister? I suspect it was more to rattle Michael. Is she an agent for Galaxy? Was it her that was spying on the Frontier meeting? Also it was good to see Klan survived.

Looking forward to another episode now.

What I want to know is why Grace brought that up about his sister? I suspect it was more to rattle Michael. Is she an agent for Galaxy? Was it her that was spying on the Frontier meeting?

Grace is eeeeeeeevil, man, eeeeeevil. She's the one who keeps on hacking the website that Ranka's agent said he tried to put up, obviously. I guess she also thought she could break up the S.M.S. and cause them to fail to find out the truth, whatever that is.

For me, the questions are now:

- Are Grace and Leon in cahoots?

- Were the Vajra originally found in a derelict run by this guy?: http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Space_Jockey-Kubricks.jpg

- Or, were the Vajra created by modern-day folks?

- How come Brera and co. want to breed the Vajra?