Bandai 'chunky monkey' 1/55 re-reissues

Shaggydog

No pix yet, but I'm sure you know what they look like by now. :p (Unless '2008 version' implies updates to the toy..) The packaging will be new, at least.

Hikaru VF-1J:

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4543112528599

Fokker VF-1S:

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4543112528629

Not very exciting, but I still have a remote, absurd hope that they'll someday reissue the Elintseeker.

Well - I imagine the benefit of the chunkies is that they'll fit in really well with my G1 Transformers...

hmmm....might be tempted just for the heck of it...diet coke!...wait...er...you know what I mean ...

Would love to see the packaging - hope it's not the generic one I remember from previous chunkydom... oh - and will they have super strike parts?

VFTF1

If anything I hope they finally make a TV Max type VF-1A. Takatoku was such a damn tease showing that thing in the 80's catalogs, but never producing it.

I will most likely buy the CF VF-1A, I am buying Hikaru's 1J for sure. I hope for the DYRL gift set trio, and the GPS-1 armor.

The chunky monkey is a timeless toy, it was good then, still good now.

All of this is nice- but what I really want from Bandai is a singing/music playing VF-19 Kai with built in speakers that really work.

Kind of like Takara has Music Label Transformers - I could so see a working Neki Basara Valk along the same line as the MP3 Soundwave.

VFTF1

They feel the need to reissue these again?! Lame! There's actually a demand for these particular ones?! You gotta be kidding me! Those retards at Bandai can't figure out that most fans (I'm sure this is even true in Japan) would rather have the ones they never reissued. Damn! What am I saying?! Reissues of those would kill the values on the vintage ones I have. Still, it would be nice to have a reissued trio that I could finally display outside of their boxes.

Glad to see the undisputed heavyweight champion of valk toys is making a comeback. In my opinion no valk toy to date has equaled the fun factor of the 1/55s.

That's probably because there's nothing fun about taking an hour to transform your valk for fear that going too fast will end up breaking it :)

The Chunkies are probably good for space battles :)

VFTF1

Glad to see the undisputed heavyweight champion of valk toys is making a comeback. In my opinion no valk toy to date has equaled the fun factor of the 1/55s

Agreed.

nor the trustworthy durability

This guy FTW

Also I stupidly neglected the 1/55 reissues a couple years back in favor of the 1/60 VF-1 by Yamato. What a mistake that was! So I am glad Hikaru's 1J is being reissued yet again. Just in time too, right after craving that particular valk after watching SDF Macross, and missing out on it a year ago at katsucon because the dealer would only take cash.

This time I hope they go all out. Unlike 2002 where there was just a 5 episode OVA, this time around they have an entire TV series to coincide with release. I want a GPS-1, DYRL trio and more!

Here's to hoping for the Super-O and Elint Seeker. Also the strike. Those are the only ones I want to buy and I'd definitely buy more than one of each so they can count me as more than one person buying :) And the VF-1J and VF-1S Hmm I dunno, I already own 2 VF-1J reissues and 3 VF-1S reissues so ya kinda not interested either but hopefully enough are interested so that they see how the market is. I wonder what the new box art is like, may just buy some of those for the box art (yes I am a bandai nut).

C'mon Bandai you can do it.

Edited by amptor

Hey I want a DYRL trio(Strike, et al), because I was never able to see one as a child, and do not want to pay high up on ebay for a vintage one. I'd like to be able to buy them at affordable prices brand new. Nothing replaces the feeling of opening a fresh, unopened toy.

Call me crazy, but I also wanted a shrunk down chunky monkey, same mold just smaller scale, like Bandai's "The-Chogokin" line from a while back. Chunky in the pocket! That would KICK ALL ASS.

Can't wait to buy Hikaru's 1J in summer. I hope they retain the gloss coating, painted details, and ever so tight ratchets that the reissues from a few years back had. Of all the VF-1 toys, the 1/55 has always looked the most balanced to me, with niether mode being emphasized over the other, each one balanced, and still the fastest to transform without being overly simple, and still the most durable with the best finish. For a toy to stay this good since its inception, that says something about its quality. Its not like a vintage transformer, where some of the modern counterparts completely blow it away in every category. To this day, there are still some things that the chunky monkey does better than its descendants.

Chunky ftw

I guess the "hour" line was exagerated - but the fact is whenever I have to transform a Yamato valk I always have to first put myself in a state of Zen like calm and it does take a while - mainly because there are some portions which I don't want to force and therefore have to kind of "wiggle my way in" (i.e. YF-19 nose transformation, or the B8P on the VF-Os) - this isn't a criticism - after all, MP Megatron also takes al ong time to transform unless you want to break him...

the point was just to say that for playability, the 1/55s seem ideal. Woosh woosh blam blam an all :)

VFTF1

Agreed.

This guy FTW

Also I stupidly neglected the 1/55 reissues a couple years back in favor of the 1/60 VF-1 by Yamato. What a mistake that was! So I am glad Hikaru's 1J is being reissued yet again. Just in time too, right after craving that particular valk after watching SDF Macross, and missing out on it a year ago at katsucon because the dealer would only take cash.

This time I hope they go all out. Unlike 2002 where there was just a 5 episode OVA, this time around they have an entire TV series to coincide with release. I want a GPS-1, DYRL trio and more!

Sorry, FTW = ?