Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Well, the sizes aren't that different at 1/15 to 1/18 so I wouldn't expect them to be that different in price. I'm actually surprised that the CMs is a bit cheaper than the Megahouse. Got mine preordered. :)

I dunno, the sizes seem pretty different to me. I've been trying to wrap my head around it all night to see if I REALLY need a CMS (since I already preordered the Megahouse ones). To try to get a sense of scale, I've placed a Transformers Robot Replica Bumblebee figure (Megahouse-ish size) up against a Star Wars Obi-Wan figure (CMS-ish). This should (roughly) show the difference in size, though I could be off:

post-435-1196139068_thumb.jpg

post-435-1196139085_thumb.jpg

I just want to know which one is the better toy! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be funny if Toynami's ended up being the best of them all? I can see it now: Frogs are falling out of the sky, rivers are on fire and Hell has three feet of snow, but we're all happy with our kick-ass Toynami Cyclones.

Im up for buying both a CM and Megahouse ride armor. I think the CM is more of a play value kinda toy and the Megahouse is more of a collectible kinda deal. The CM would quench my thirst for playing while the Megahouse would quench the thirst for accuracy and good looks.

Im up for buying both a CM and Megahouse ride armor. I think the CM is more of a play value kinda toy and the Megahouse is more of a collectible kinda deal. The CM would quench my thirst for playing while the Megahouse would quench the thirst for accuracy and good looks.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm not expecting the MegaHouse to be fragile or anything becuase all of their toys I have are well-made, but for some reason their Ride Armor screams "Display me!" while CM's screams "Play with me!". Maybe it's because CMs looks more toy-like. I'll probably keep the MH one at home on display and CM's at work so I can fiddle with it during the 'don't feel like working right now' moments.

I'll probably get the MH versions. But I'll probably pick up one of the CM's versions after christmas. There are way too many toys coming out this month. Do we know if there will be Belmont and Houquet versions later?

Hmmm, where did you see the news of this? I've just pre-order it!!! Dang it! :blink:

HLJ still says December, or to be more specific they say they expect it on or around December 31st.

Even still, I've never expected this thing to make the December release date, it just seems too soon for something we only started seeing finished protos of. I hope I'm wrong though, it would be a fantastic toy to start 2008 with. :)

future release on my order list, so maybe it was just for me?? I checked it this morning.

It's also listed as Future release on my account.

BTW. Do you guys know why there hasn't been a new pic of Toynami's Cyclone?

There hasn't really been any new venues for them to display their toys, has there? That's my assumption... all the other stuff has been shown in Japan and Toynami is an American company. The reason we saw their tlead is because it's a joint venture with Aoshima. That's me being fair... but I'm assuming the real reason is because they suck.

I preordered the Megahouse from him, and now I want to change my order to the CM. There's no way to do it on the website, so I emailed him with the request. Does anyone know if Carlos is cool with that sort of thing?

He's very cool about that sort of thing. Carlos is very professional and responsive so if you just email him what you want to do he'll be more than happy to accommodate you and typically does it quickly. It would be nice if you could cancel your order automatically through the site, but he might have a reason for not having that feature.

The only thing that bugs me about the megahouse is the headlamps in bike mode (the CMs or tonami are not pretty either, Gakken was the best). looks like the clear plastic can come off though. Hopefully someone can make single shield to cover both lights so it looks like the line art.

mospeadareia.jpg

The only thing that bugs me about the megahouse is the headlamps in bike mode (the CMs or tonami are not pretty either, Gakken was the best). looks like the clear plastic can come off though. Hopefully someone can make single shield to cover both lights so it looks like the line art.

mospeadareia.jpg

maybe its clear just to show the LEDs. Looks like ride armor mode has leds on the chests too.