CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Cool cool....make sure you take LOTS AND LOTS of pics.

:ph34r:

I would, but as I don't own a digital camera I would need to buy a disposable, get them developed, scanned in and then posted. Not sure when I would have time to rattle throught that process unfortunately.

Karl

well im going to sell my robotech masterpiece blue alpha to help try to buy this XP anyone interested? lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robotech-Masterpiece-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

i have other auctions too if anyone is interested in some manga and other figures. =] Help a MWer out!

that depends, will you ship to the Netherlands? (Europe).

if yes, what will it cost?

Hmm, question:

It seems that although I am not willing to pay these prices for this toy, my GF read these forums a few months ago and saw that I liked it enough as a cheaper toy...so she bought me one for my B-day.

The problem is she pre-ordered from that Toyntoys link that was posted way back when, and after her paypal went through hasn't heard anything from them but "new product" ads.

And I don't have any toy.

Did anyone else pre-order from them? If so, have you received yours? Did you have to do something else after the pre-order before they would ship (my girlfriend isn't so good at reading fine-print).

I appreciate any info you all can lend me.

I will be righteous pissed my my girlfriend ponied up this kinda cash for a toy that isn't worth it, and then ended up not get the damned thing!

hey bro, think you better call them up and ask, cause most of the shops i know locally have not received their shipment for CM Corp yet.

thus maybe it's delayed but then again, better call to ask.

if i am wrong do let me know.. shun, have you received ur shipment yet?

yea i pre-ordered from them. not yet arrived locally.

Phyrox, will update u when i receive it. ;)

Hey robod, hopefully my final design will be straight forward enough that anyone can make it and not pay anything!

That last one should be the easiest and best to replicate I hope. Might do some more work on it tonight =-)

Hmm, question:

It seems that although I am not willing to pay these prices for this toy, my GF read these forums a few months ago and saw that I liked it enough as a cheaper toy...so she bought me one for my B-day.

The problem is she pre-ordered from that Toyntoys link that was posted way back when, and after her paypal went through hasn't heard anything from them but "new product" ads.

And I don't have any toy.

Did anyone else pre-order from them? If so, have you received yours? Did you have to do something else after the pre-order before they would ship (my girlfriend isn't so good at reading fine-print).

I appreciate any info you all can lend me.

I will be righteous pissed my my girlfriend ponied up this kinda cash for a toy that isn't worth it, and then ended up not get the damned thing!

This is also my first preordered with them. They are in Singapore so stuff sometimes arrives there later (like the Bandai SOC Godmarz which arrived last week when it’s been out far longer in Japan). As you can see, other MW members from that country use their physical store so I guess they are ok.

Did your girlfriend get an “Order Status Change” e-mail saying the preorder is “Confirmed”?

Anyways, I wrote them last week to see if they new when the item was arriving. This is what I got:

Hi,

Will come very soon within 2-3 weeks time. Will notify you once arrive

Regards,

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'll ask her about a confirmation email. She said that once she started getting "spam" ads from them pretty often she just deletes anything from them...so I was afraid she missed something important.

I would, but as I don't own a digital camera I would need to buy a disposable, get them developed, scanned in and then posted. Not sure when I would have time to rattle throught that process unfortunately.

Karl

Well mate...that is a long process. Will someone sell this guy a digicamera for cheap so we can enjoy his pics PLEASE! In fact I may have one that I don't use anymore. I might just ship it to you.

My impressions of Legioss/Tread:

The Tread is the centerpiece of this set, and it's fantastic. Big, chunky, plasticy old-school goodness. Very solid and fun. Sensible gimmicks. Good articulation. I can't say enough good things about it. Finally, we have a semi-affordable Tread toy!!! I suspect this Tread toy is at least as nice as the famed Gakken, but I'll never know for sure.

The Legioss feels like an afterthought in this set. It's very light, and has a hard time standing in many poses. The fighter mode doesn't 'lock down' in any sense, and isn't stable. That said, I believe the CM's Legioss is sturdier than the Toynami. Nothing feels like it's going to break so far. CM's legioss also has much tighter and better joints. Toynami's Legioss wins in 'feel' (due to the heavy diecast metal) and in robot-mode looks.

The linkup sucks. 'nuff said.

Overall, the set feels overpriced for what it is, in terms of the size, quality, and intricacy of the toys (notwithstanding the usual sensible arguments about the size of the production run, etc.). That said, it's totally worth it to me to have such a nice Tread. So, no complaining here.

I'd personally recommend to Toynami that they cancel the Tread toy, because I frankly doubt they'll do anything better (and this is coming from one of Toynami's biggest defenders).

Hey robod, hopefully my final design will be straight forward enough that anyone can make it and not pay anything!

That last one should be the easiest and best to replicate I hope. Might do some more work on it tonight =-)

I myself am one that can remake anything I have in my hands (for the most part), unfortunately I need one in my hands first! I can't seem to get things made well from just pics and instructions. This is why I asked if you would be selling some of the final design. I only need one for my NEW Legioss/Tread, Yeah. I just like the sound of that.

Please sell me one, I'll be your best friend! :wacko:

JK

but seriously I am interested if you decide to sell a couple.

After watching Mospeada(now 6 episodes in!), and looking at the artwork of the Legioss in the animation, it looks like CMs was definitely going more for the animated look than lineart. Thats what makes it very different than the Toynami and Imai versions. In this case I like it.

Not too happy knowing it does not lock together very securely in armo fighter mode though.

After watching Mospeada(now 6 episodes in!), and looking at the artwork of the Legioss in the animation, it looks like CMs was definitely going more for the animated look than lineart. Thats what makes it very different than the Toynami and Imai versions. In this case I like it.

Watch another six episodes... the Legioss is constantly changing in appearance (thank you Anime Friend!). There will be spots where it looks all angular and needle-nosed and then other scenes were it appears more bulbous. The battle scenes are especially problematic.

USC Doorknob

:lol:

So...yeah...Jenius...I love your reviews...I need you to get that baby popped out so I can droll over the pics. The TREAD looks BAD A$$!!!

You know what's sad? I went to post Part 1 of my review last night but I'm currently locked out of my own website!

:huh:

Now that's just weird.

F it man...Get pissed playin S-Ball and then do your review. I bet it will be entertaining to say the least ^_^

That means it's going to start shipping to the people we asked for it from right? So it probably means it'll take a few days for it to get to them and then they can ship it to us :)

I better check my spam folder... I don't think I heard back from Overdrive.

That means it's going to start shipping to the people we asked for it from right? So it probably means it'll take a few days for it to get to them and then they can ship it to us :)

I better check my spam folder... I don't think I heard back from Overdrive.

They "should start shipping" so don't expect them to arrive on the 10th in most cases in the past these types of things take longer. Just wait for me to confirm when mine comes in.

Red Legioss/TREAD Zeta is scheduled for a April 19th release and is no longer slated for a TRU exclusive. It seems it will be sold through retails shops, only the green will be limited.

Red Legioss/TREAD Zeta is scheduled for a April 19th release and is no longer slated for a TRU exclusive. It seems it will be sold through retails shops, only the green will be limited.

Hey thats great news for everyone who wants the red one! I wonder if I could sell some more crap on ebay to pick up one. ^_^

wow, surprise the green one is the limited one and the red is not, thought people would want to soldier build the green leigoss's... lol that would be really cool if someone did ;) *dreams*

do u think overdrive would be getting the Red Legioss on their site?

Hey thats great news for everyone who wants the red one! I wonder if I could sell some more crap on ebay to pick up one. ^_^

ya, thats what im doing currently on ebay =P 1 item sold, so i have like 1/3 the money, now need the other 2/3's.

Do you know if overdrive is going to carry the red?

Overdrive just sent me an email, they think they'll be offering the red but can't confirm price but are guessing $245ish. They said they'd make more info available when they could :)

PS - T minus 30 minutes until I get my stupid review up...

Edited by jenius

Do you know if overdrive is going to carry the red?

They are looking into it and will probably be one of the first shops to have it up online if CM's is no longer offering as an exclusive. Also I think CM's may be selling it at a little bit of a higher whole sale cost than the blue version was sold to retailers. You guys will be the first to know when I know more.

wow, surprise the green one is the limited one and the red is not, thought people would want to soldier build the green leigoss's... lol that would be really cool if someone did ;) *dreams*

man, u would have to be rich to be able to afford to army build these things!

Don't be discouraged Hikaru's VF-1S, it doesn't look like it will be all that much higher and certainly not the $295 I was expecting.

Part 1 of my 2 part review is up. In truth it's three parts, I'll post one assimilated review when I have my red and green ones in and do cool poses with all three together. In the meantime you get two detailed reviews, one tonight and another one soon.

CMs%20vs%20MPC%205.jpg

For those who need a carpet ride, CLICK HERE.