Guys, sorry for asking a question I should know the answer to but I haven't had internet at home for a while and have lost track of things.

What's the current status of the Seed Destiny special edtions? I belive they were going to remake the last thrid or something so it doesn't dissapoint as badly as it did.

426373[/snapback]

The Special Editions of GSD are coming. I and II have already aired on TV and III will air in October or November. II is out on R2 DVD August 25. IV will probably go straight to DVD (these are Japanese dates).

• 1 month later...

So after 2 eps i still dunno what's the deal. Seems this anime isn't gonna care much about its characters so i'll just deal with that. I don't even know if the Verde Buster or Blu Duel are actually upgrades to the original Buster and Duel and....well...SPOILERDuel didn't get enough screen time before it gets pwned.

But generally they depicted the war on earth better as well as the aftermath of the Junius 7 drop than in GSD.

So after 2 eps i still dunno what's the deal. Seems this anime isn't gonna care much about its characters so i'll just deal with that. I don't even know if the Verde Buster or Blu Duel are actually upgrades to the original Buster and Duel and....well...SPOILERDuel didn't get enough screen time before it gets pwned.

But generally they depicted the war on earth better as well as the aftermath of the Junius 7 drop than in GSD.

Stargazer is basically a 45-min toy commercial...

You know , commercial or not I really liked what I've seen of Stargazer thus far.

Am I in the minority here?

I kinda like it too....but i have surrendered that this series will have much if any character interactions. Already 2/3 into the series and the "characters" haven't so much talked alot. It seems to concentrate more on what was happening around the world than the characters itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Danny Choo has an interesting picture about Gundam Unicorn, which is unconfirmed to be the next Gundam anime or a novel. (I think its more probably the latter) The mecha are designed by Katoki and silly name aside, that Gundam looks kinda cool. All white instead of the traditional red blue white and instead of the usual samurai horns, it has a long omni-horn that even Graham will approve. :lol:

http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/653/Gundam+Unicorn/

post-1640-1162404872_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up. Just seen it and pretty disappointed with it. The whole series lacks any direction from start to finish other than to show off new mobile suits. The whole thing just feels like a toy advertisment masquerading as an anime. :angry:

Yeah.....it pretty much was a big advertisment for the model kits....sad.....the new hobby store that opened near work has got some Stargazer 1/144 kits.....but I wasn't too impressed with how they look.

Hmmm.....ah well it was good while it lasted, maybe the show can die now.

Stargazer was a good small series, but tough to get into, no recaps was just so weird.

The story was a bit rushed to me, and honestly, I couldn't care less about Sven, or Selene or anyone else in the series. Oh well, if they'd just go back to little stories in UC, like MS Igloo that'll be enough for me.

Yeah.....it pretty much was a big advertisment for the model kits....sad.....the new hobby store that opened near work has got some Stargazer 1/144 kits.....but I wasn't too impressed with how they look.

Hmmm.....ah well it was good while it lasted, maybe the show can die now.

Yeah.....and the amount of screentime for each of the gundams were pathetic. And we still don't know if the buster and duel were the old ones piloted by Yzack and whatshisname or not.

And by the end of episode 3, SPOILER

I guess we can assume they are both alive since I remember Selene said they could survive for 27 days, but they were found within 3days +.

I guess we can assume they are both alive since I remember Selene said they could survive for 27 days, but they were found within 3days +.

That's still in debate. But we may get an answer in the manga serialization coming out soon or next year.

Spoiler, highlight to read

It was plus or minus 27 days. But it was 27 days and 21 hours when they found Stargazer, so their either alive and suffering hypothermia and many other problems or they're mummies.

How ya know they weren't? Well then it would be interesting to know how they fell to alliance hands again from ZAFT's.

Because the MG Strike IWSP manual explains that the Alliance built a second set of the original Strike, Duel and Buster and later upgraded them into Noir, Blu and Verde.

Because the MG Strike IWSP manual explains that the Alliance built a second set of the original Strike, Duel and Buster and later upgraded them into Noir, Blu and Verde.

Ouh...is the IWSP out? :blink:

That's news to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this is SEEDs next chance. Time to turn it into something that was better than Destiny.

That actually one of the new scenes in Special Edition 4 - "Cost of Freedom". It will air on Jan. 8 2007 ( yes, it's actually on TV)

TBS: 2:20am Jan 8

MBS: 1:35am Jan 8