The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It turns out I really like this toy! It's so awesome. Nice, simple design. I havent broken any pieces and I've been messing with it for 2 days now. Great size and articulation. A little plasticky, but since it is a toy I guess that would be forgiveable. I thought it was going to be another Escaflowne debacle.

• 5 months later...

Again there's this collectors giftset, that includes a metallic red Garland along with the movie, CD, artbook and whatnot. I'm not sure if this version is limited, improved, or if it has been released already, but I'm afraid we'll have to wait for this two runs to sold out before we see a second "standard" run of the red Garland.

• 3 months later...

Yacolog reported something I've been waiting for...

Yamato Wonder Festival 2007 (Aug 12th) list:

1/15 Garland Factory Color (October Release)

1/15 Proto Garland!!!! (December Release)

Motoslave (December Release)

I didn't get Garland yet, but I might this December.

Yacolog reported something I've been waiting for...

Yamato Wonder Festival 2007 (Aug 12th) list:

1/15 Garland Factory Color (October Release)

1/15 Proto Garland!!!! (December Release)

Motoslave (December Release)

I didn't get Garland yet, but I might this December.

Okay. Somebody clue me in. I thought the Red MZ23 Part 1 Garland WAS the Prototype Garland. If they were going to do more variants they should do the military jet version w/o wheels.

Nope. The red and blue one from Part 2 is the GR-XX Proto-Garland, the red and white one in part 1 is just the regular Garland (uh... GR-01 I think?) It's slightly different, mostly in that the Proto-Garland is more detailed and has funny wires hanging out everywhere.

Edited by Ginrai

How's the Factory Color like? :huh:

Edit: I'll ge the Proto. I just hgope Yamato get the front wheel shape right this time, and for Pete's sake make a decent pilot figure!

What? And miss out on an opportunity to sell offer you a nicer aftermarket figure? B))

I'll be getting the Proto-Garland for sure as I love the design and was hoping they'd do it.

I got the military colored Garland set on sale at Image anime. It has the upgraded shoulders and looks pretty nice actually. I especially like the military pilot figure and the Yui figures.

I ordered the military version, but is sittin' at Twinmoons waiting for my YF-19 FBP to arrive and be shipped togheter. Just like with the VF-0, I seriously doubt Yamato made new POM shoulders for this release: I ordered the replacement shoulders for my red Garland and despite some minor differences (like the single lock mechanism), the part seem to be made from the same brittle plastic as the original.

What? And miss out on an opportunity to sell offer you a nicer aftermarket figure?

I'll get an aftermarket figure in a second if they just made one. I don't get it, Yamato did and amazing job with Chirico Cuvie and know they behave like if they've never made a action figure before. Maybe we could get Kaiyodo to make some nice Revoltech ones :rolleyes:

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

My red one is sitting on my shelf in bike mode, I'm to afraid to transform it. Yamato replaced my first one and I'm not taking any chances with this one, pretty sad actually. Although I don't play with my stuff so it's no big deal I guess, just the thought of it though.

E=X would be more complicated though and the arm weapons would be a challenge given that Yamato likes to store the fists in them.

I can't remember exactly how the wepaons go (not got my artimic design works book to hand), I think it's pop up guns in the top half and slide out knives in the bottom half. It's unfair to Yamato really but if it didn't have those I would probably be dissapointed enough to not bother with it.