All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

i've been getting so many blk friday deals.

shadow of mordor ps4 best buy 22 bucks

evil within ps4 22

diablo II ps4 26 bucks

(i have BB gamers club unlocked that i got for 7 bucks on that deal i posted. it gives you 20% off any game non used, it was so worth getting that membership)

mario cart 7 3ds 7.48 from sears

super mario 3d land 7.48 from sears

sears has killzone ps4 for 6 bucks but i passed

and Destiny for xone or ps4 for 30 bucks but i couldn't find any in stock.

and the best part is i stayed home the whole time:)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just picked up elder scrolls anthology at bestbuy for 11.99 with that gamers unlocked membership, it's on sale for 14.99 for any interested.

as well as a nintendo $50 eshop card for 42.50, BB is having a sale on all eshop cards 10% off.

getting ready to get ace attorney trilogy for 3ds eshop coming in December.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I figured out a cheap trick for hunting predatory animals in Farcry 4. In the starting village climb up on top of the glider and throw the bait. None of the animals can get to you. It really helps when trying to kill bears or tigers with the bow.

EDIT: Actually just back the ATV up against the hut so you can climb on the roof. It's next the glider.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Guest davidwhangchoi

South and east, just outside of Banapur, is a lake. If you're zoomed in enough on the map, you'll see that rhinos go there. Indeed, you'll probably see maybe two or three per trip. Take some frag grenades (you can use them to hurt the rhino as long as you deal the final blow with something else) and whatever weapon you prefer. Once you're at the lake, find a boat and drive it so that you can shoot the rhino, but the rhino can't charge at you.

If you throw bait, a predator animal (wolf, dhole, tiger, either leopard, or bear) will appear at the lake. You can use the same technique of attacking from the safety of your boat, but this time shoot them with the bow and arrow for double skins. Plus, when you skin the predator, you'll get a bait to replace the one you threw.

I had a pretty easy time finding everything else except yaks. I determined this is because I started working my way south and east from the starting village, but the only place I found yaks reliably was almost as far north as you can go in the first half of the game.

And yeah, I've put stupid hours into the game already. My wife went to visit her family in Beijing, so I've basically been playing video games from the time I get up until the time I go to bed.

EDIT: If you have a Uplay account you can get "u points" for doing things in game, then redeem them for stuff like in-game items and what have you in various Ubisoft games. There' a sidearm weapon you can buy with U points called the A.J.M. 9... it's basically Robocop's gun. It's fairly accurate and does good damage, so I kind of recommend it.

I figured out a cheap trick for hunting predatory animals in Farcry 4. In the starting village climb up on top of the glider and throw the bait. None of the animals can get to you. It really helps when trying to kill bears or tigers with the bow.

EDIT: Actually just back the ATV up against the hut so you can climb on the roof. It's next the glider.

thanks for the hunting tips :D i've been using Mike's bait technique. and got the upgrades to 3/4 for crafting so far.

guys, have any of you found a buzzard, personal helicopter (like a cobra F.A.N.G.) yet? i found one by one of the towers that's high on a mountain.

this is so cheap, but i've been using the buzzard flying and landing on the top of a bell tower unlocking it and then getting back in the buzzard and traveling from tower to tower to unlock each tower to skip all the climbing. lol

i also tried to use the helicopter to sit on top of an enemy camp and just drop grenades and cocktails on their heads. if you fly high enough they cant detect you. but it's a slow process.

initially before started the main campaign, i ran around, but after a few hours, i realized that i had to do the first mission to unlock the first tower just to get the rope for climbing. lol

after getting the rope and securing the first base camp of the main quest, i've just been running around and attacking all the base camps and towers for the south half of the map. damn the game's side missions are so fun :D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

thanks for the hunting tips :D i've been using Mike's bait technique. and got the upgrades to 3/4 for crafting so far.

guys, have any of you found a buzzard, personal helicopter (like a cobra F.A.N.G.) yet? i found one by one of the towers that's high on a mountain.

this is so cheap, but i've been using the buzzard flying and landing on the top of a bell tower unlocking it and then getting back in the buzzard and traveling from tower to tower to unlock each tower to skip all the climbing. lol

i also tried to use the helicopter to sit on top of an enemy camp and just drop grenades and cocktails on their heads. if you fly high enough they cant detect you. but it's a slow process.

initially before started the main campaign, i ran around, but after a few hours, i realized that i had to do the first mission to unlock the first tower just to get the rope for climbing. lol

after getting the rope and securing the first base camp of the main quest, i've just been running around and attacking all the base camps and towers for the south half of the map. damn the game's side missions are so fun :D

After you liberate your first outpost, when you come out of the fast travel room, walk around the building then east along the road, up the hill and outside the outpost. Where the road starts to turn north, there's a tree or a utility pole, and there's always a buzzer there. If you lose it, you can always fast travel back and grab a new one.

Later, when you unlock the Ghale homestead, you can buy a buzzer that will always appear there, too.

Trees will damage the buzzer, but buildings oddly enough don't. So it's possible to fly the buzzer to most of the belltowers, then carefully fly into and land on the floor where the radio transmitter is.

I actually finished the game over the weekend. Took me about 42 hours. I'll admit that near the end I was starting to side stuff. I did all the belltowers, outposts, fortresses, Hurk missions, Longinus missions, Kyrat Fashion Week missions, hostage missions, bomb disposals, revenge quests, and assassinations. I missed at least on Yogi mission, skipped a few hijacks and supply drops, and didn't bother trying to find all the collectibles.

I did all the Shangri-La missions, but the Rakshasa was just frustrating me, so I quit the mission.

I'm kind of curious about how many possible endings there are. Spoilers for anyone who hasn't finished.

I know about the one, where at the beginning you don't leave the table and wait for Pagan Min to come back. But there seem to be choices in the game. During the Golden Path missions, I sided with Amita (hey, she's kinda hot), but I didn't shoot Sabal. When I raided the royal palace, I didn't shoot Pagan Min at the table, but after I put mom's ashes at the shrine I shot down Pagan's helicopter, since I had a grenade launcher on me. I know siding with Sabal results in different missions than siding with Amita, but I'm not sure how much that affects the game's ultimate outcome, or how things are different if I shot Sabal, shot Pagan at dinner, or let the chopper leave.

I kinda like it, but kinda feel they should've gone farther with some custom molds or at least paint detailing.

If it had the triangle vents on the side like a real PS1, if the DS4 was restyled to resemble some flavor of PS1 pad, it'd be way more awesome.

Hell, if they'd painted some detailing on it, a la the GBASP NES lid.

Also, a PS1 emulator should be installed on it, like they did for the PS3.

I got to go to the Game Awards tonight here in Vegas, pretty fun, also free. Some interesting previews and reveals, Imagine Dragons, a hometown band, were pretty excellent at the end, they even started with the Legend of Zelda theme before Nintendo showed off its new footage. Also, I got to shake Trey Parker's hand, Stick of Truth was awesome, he beat out Spacey because of it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH

Yakuza 5 is coming to the states on PS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just announced on playstation experience

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Might want to temper that enthusiasm. I'm hearing PlayStation 3, not 4.

Yeaaaaah... oh :mellow:..... YEAAAAAAAAAH YAKUZA 5 IS COMING PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeaaaaah... oh :mellow:..... YEAAAAAAAAAH YAKUZA 5 IS COMING PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Honestly, it works for me either way. I kept my PS3 hooked up after I got my PS4 so I'd be set for Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, Assassin's Creed Rogue, and (eventually) Persona 5. This is just icing on the cake for me.

From No Man's Sky FAQ

What is No Man's Sky?
- In a nutshell, the goal is to earn money, get the best gear and survive the trip to the center of the galaxy. Yes, you can explore planets or stay in one forever, but if you're asking for a goal, a purpose, that's it.

Why would I want to get to the center of the galaxy?
- It's the main goal of the game, the only objective. Apparently, there will be "a compelling reason to head towards the center of the galaxy, as well as an ending that will provide you with a sense of closure. But there will be a reason to continue playing after that ending". Remember that Minecraft, Don't Starve, DayZ or even Dark Souls don't have a clear goal, they throw you into the world without telling you what to do next. 90% of Dark Souls is melee combat and walking, sounds pretty boring if you think about it that way, doesn't it.

The Center of the galaxy..? What can we founf there..? ;)

I just had a great Farcry 4 moment. I was flying around in the buzzer when I came across one of the enemy convoys, and all I had for side arms was the grenade launcher. It started to look like that Mad Max movie with the gyro as I buzzed the trucks taking them out one by one. pwunk, pwunk, pwunk.... BOOM BOOM BOOM! :p

This game is amazing. :)

I just had a great Farcry 4 moment. I was flying around in the buzzer when I came across one of the enemy convoys, and all I had for side arms was the grenade launcher. It started to look like that Mad Max movie with the gyro as I buzzed the trucks taking them out one by one. pwunk, pwunk, pwunk.... BOOM BOOM BOOM! :p

Given that I'm a little underwhelmed by Dragon Age Inquisition, it might end up being my pick for Game of the Year.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Given that I'm a little underwhelmed by Dragon Age Inquisition, it might end up being my pick for Game of the Year.

it's the game i've been playing the most this holiday season. i put the difficulty on hard to get some more life out of the game but feel just like normal just with slight bump in damage percentage, not enough to alter my gamestyle.

i'm slowly doing some main campaign missions but just running around trying to find hidden locations without buying treasure maps.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i can't believe it but i got an order in. what i can't believe even more is that i ordered one though i already have a PS4 :unsure:

just got my congratulations email from sony and that it's shipping soon. looks like this thing is selling for over a thousand already.

Just as a note: Sega's nostalgia-fueled jet-fighter-'em-up After Burner Climax is going out of "print" on PS360 later this month. If you needed more After Burner in your life and didn't know there was a 21st-century version(first I'd heard of it)... last chance.

Unclear if this affects the Android and iVice versions, but why would you WANT them?

Just as a note: Sega's nostalgia-fueled jet-fighter-'em-up After Burner Climax is going out of "print" on PS360 later this month. If you needed more After Burner in your life and didn't know there was a 21st-century version(first I'd heard of it)... last chance.

Unclear if this affects the Android and iVice versions, but why would you WANT them?

Got it on release. IT's AFTER BURNER. :)

Edited by Gaijin

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got it on release. IT's AFTER BURNER. :)

got afterburner climax on ps3 way back when it was first released. huge afterburner II fan. you can select the original afterburner soundtrack and sounds (fan of G-LOC as well) SEGA was my hero in the arcades. amazing hardware and soundtracks at the time.

Yu Suzuki + SEGA Sound team = many awesome memories... :)

how about Shenmue III?

Edited by davidwhangchoi