A Few Questions About "Mega Max"

As we all should know, in Macross DYRL Maximillian Jenius gets the supersize treatment when he goes over to the Meltran side after falling helplessly in love with the fierce warrior woman he had just spent the previous 10 minutes trying to kill (oh well, she didn't seem to mind). At any rate I think we all have a few questions for our favorite blue-haired wonderboy, namely:

1. Did he even consider how many tasteless sexual jokes would be thrown in his direction before going through with the 'enlargement' process?

2. The Meltran kinda have this thing against things with penises, as demonstrated through their thousand year war with the Zentran, how did Max get around this...on second I'll just stop thinking about this question and go burn out my eyes...

3. Max isn't known for his 20/20 vision, yet he pilots his powersuit without glasses. This either makes him a humongous liar or else he spent the entire final battle flying in random directions firing at random blurs on his screen (little known fact: of all of Max's kills, half are friendlies. Example: Kakizake- yeah, I'm sure that was a Meltran Missle [note: this is half serious, the Meltran don't begin to fire till after Kakizake get blown to bits!])

4. Does it really matter what color your machine of unparralled destruction is? Besides blue makes you look fat.

2. The Meltran kinda have this thing against things with penises, as demonstrated through their thousand year war with the Zentran, how did Max get around this...on second I'll just stop thinking about this question and go burn out my eyes...

3. Max isn't known for his 20/20 vision, yet he pilots his powersuit without glasses. This either makes him a humongous liar or else he spent the entire final battle flying in random directions firing at random blurs on his screen (little known fact: of all of Max's kills, half are friendlies. Example: Kakizake- yeah, I'm sure that was a Meltran Missle [note: this is half serious, the Meltran don't begin to fire till after Kakizake get blown to bits!])

Haha good points! :D I always did wonder how Max lost his glasses, guess he was told the Meltran don't have optometrists and can't make glasses that big so they just fixed his genetics! <_< Thats just what I would like to think. And about shooting Kakazaki, I'll have to watch that when I get home, but do u think Milia would have liked to shoot and kill the Squadran Leader and not have a kool duel that brings out all her skills? But what I really wonder about is how did Milia and the other Meltran deal with a Male on their ship with them. And how long do ya think it took Max to get Milia in the Sac huh? :rolleyes:

Maybe Max is near sighted, which is a problem in a valk cocpit (at least in fighter and gerwalk mode) because you have to look out in the distance through the canopy. In a Q-Rau, wouldn't everything be on viewscreens anyway? You don't have to squint to see something far away on a viewscreen a few inches in front of your face.

I don't think U.N. spacy uses the same standards that we do- something tells me Max's hair isn't exactly regulation length...

Everything is on viewscreens in the Q-rau, so that shouldn't have been a problem for Max, the display, controls, and screens were close enough for him to work with.

It was always my understanding that the glasses weren't to correct his vision. And, AFAIK, you can't be a fighter pilot if you don't have 20/20 vision or better.

I've always viewed it as the Macross was desperate. A lot of their fighters werefrom the Prometheus, but they didn't get any pilots for them. And then there was attrition as the pilots they DID ahve started getting killed off.

They needed every hand they could get, so they weren't really in a position to turn good pilots away because they didn't have perfect eyesight.

They needed every hand they could get, so they weren't really in a position to turn good pilots away because they didn't have perfect eyesight.

...Not to mention that Max probably got ranked off of the scale in virtual Valkyrie runs. I always wondered if some enterprising young Corporal or something found Max playing Battroid Attack! and kinda, you know, 'slipped him the idea' that he should try out for being a pilot. Needless to say, glasses or no glasses, I don't think that a pilot of Max's caliber would have been turned away from the Spacy--it could have been that he was a one-time exception due to his skills, and what skills they were!

Example: Kakizake- yeah, I'm sure that was a Meltran Missle [note: this is half serious, the Meltran don't begin to fire till after Kakizake get blown to bits!])

Yes they did. If you look at Hikaru's HUD when before Kakizaki got shot, you'll notice that Hikaru's VF-1 showed something incoming.

He're an idea; I hope to gain a commission into the US Navy as a pilot. They allow for 20/40 correctable to 20/20. Now, for my aviation cruise this summer, I found out that I had 20/20 in my right eye, and 20/25 in my left. Guess what? I got slapped with a pair of glasses. <_< Seems that if you're in control of a multi-million dollar piece of equipment, they want vision to be the least of your problems, even if it's not really a proplem for you. :angry: Maybe Max is as unfortunate as me, but knows how to use the shades look to pick up chicks. :)

They allow for 20/40 correctable to 20/20. Now, for my aviation cruise this summer, I found out that I had 20/20 in my right eye, and 20/25 in my left. Guess what? I got slapped with a pair of glasses. <_< Seems that if you're in control of a multi-million dollar piece of equipment, they want vision to be the least of your problems, even if it's not really a proplem for you. :angry:

Hmm... Given that my vision is 100/400 when uncorrected, I guess I should give up on being a pilot, eh? :p

They allow for 20/40 correctable to 20/20.  Now, for my aviation cruise this summer, I found out that I had 20/20 in my right eye, and 20/25 in my left.  Guess what?  I got slapped with a pair of glasses. <_<  Seems that if you're in control of a multi-million dollar piece of equipment, they want vision to be the least of your problems, even if it's not really a proplem for you. :angry:

Hmm... Given that my vision is 100/400 when uncorrected, I guess I should give up on being a pilot, eh? :p

100/400? how thick would the glasses be?

They allow for 20/40 correctable to 20/20.  Now, for my aviation cruise this summer, I found out that I had 20/20 in my right eye, and 20/25 in my left.  Guess what?  I got slapped with a pair of glasses. <_<  Seems that if you're in control of a multi-million dollar piece of equipment, they want vision to be the least of your problems, even if it's not really a proplem for you. :angry:

100/400? how thick would the glasses be?

100/400?

That equals 20/80.

I always assumed Max's glasses were a "fashion" item to comlement his flowing blue mane. like the guys in the 70's who wore yellow tinted glasses with thier feathered hair. Macross was made in the early 80's when that kind of crap was still hip.

max's glasses may just be author mistake too.i mean,you got to remember,these guys were probably all civilians that created this story.none of them would have even thought of the military rejecting a pilot cause of glasses/sight issues.they just probably didn't look into it any further than that.most might assume that if you can drive a car w/ glasses/sight issues,why not a plane too.macross also seemed to put front & center a kinda equality among fellow people too.it was definately the 1st anime i saw were there was an interracial couple(roy & claudia).they might have made max have glasses to show that that's a feature that shouldn't be looked down upon,cause he was a hero & wore them too.

lololololol :lol:

Meltran Science Chief : "How would you like your enlargement today?"

Max: "Super-Size it!"

Meltran Science Chief: "Would you also like an apple pie for 0.95 cents more?"

Everything is on viewscreens in the Q-rau, so that shouldn't have been a problem for Max, the display, controls, and screens were close enough for him to work with.

I dont know a whole lot about corrective eyeware, so this may be off, but what if he was farsighted?

I dont know a whole lot about corrective eyeware, so this may be off, but what if he was farsighted?

Then he'd have a problem.