The Trailer for Batman Begins is OUT!

Anubis

I found this out today via Animeondvd's forum buzz, and checked IMDB right away to confirm.

I am now excited. They've said no cheesy crap this time and Ra's is a perfect villain for a good serious Batman movie. He is my favorite bad guy outside of Joker and Darkseid. To top it off, it's Ken Watanabe as the man.

I do think Bale could make a good Batman as well, though that was already old news.

Shooting began this month. Due 2005.

Credited cast: 

Christian Bale ....  Batman

Michael Caine ....  Alfred Pennyworth

Morgan Freeman ....  Lucius Fox

Larry Holden ....  District Attorney Fitch

Katie Holmes  ....  (childhood friend?)

Cillian Murphy ....  Dr. Jonathan Crane

Liam Neeson ....  Henri Ducard

Ken Watanabe ....  Ra's Al Ghul

Gary Oldman .... Lt. James Gordon

Edited by Anubis

I hope they can capture the darkness from the first 2 Batman movies... and I hope they do away with the whole futuristic Gothan city crap from the last 2 Batman movies. <_<

I think it's gonna be a whole new direction. The batmobile is suppose to be a tank as in the Dark Knight Returns comic book.

I hope they can capture the darkness from the first 2 Batman movies... and I hope they do away with the whole futuristic Gothan city crap from the last 2 Batman movies. <_<

I hope they forget about the existing Batman movies altogether. Batman and Batman Returns were ok in their day, but in hindsight they were more "Tim Burton" than they were "Batman."

I hope they forget about the existing Batman movies altogether. Batman and Batman Returns were ok in their day, but in hindsight they were more "Tim Burton" than they were "Batman."

Amen!

The first Batman stands the test of time as well as the old SW movies..... meaning.... beyond nostalgia.... they are not that great anymore. <_<

I've never liked any of the Batman movies. I thought the first one was a huge disappointment and they got worse as they went along.

The fan film I downloaded from here a while back, Batman: Dead End, far surpassed all of the movies..........and it was only 7 minutes long.

Hopefully this one won't suck, but I doubt it.

They promised to never do the cheesy crap again. The last two were so god awful, and it was well known that they sucked. This one is supposed to be dark and gritty as it should be. I think they said they were going to square one again too, but I'm not sure if they'll discount the first two or not.

Batman MOTP kicked ass over 2-4 easy.

I totally forgot Bale was in American Psycho. He should fit the bill pretty well.

Edited by Anubis

First movie wasn't bad. The second could have used a better script, but at least it wasn't ice capades. :rolleyes:

This new one is supposed to be set pretty early on in Batman's carreer, A year one, or year two, type of thing. Gordon is still a beat cop in it. From everything I've heard they are activley trying to not screw this up.

tom64ss, Dead End was great. It had the first live action Batman I've seen that actually looked like he really could beat up the criminals of Gotham.

First movie wasn't bad. The second could have used a better script, but at least it wasn't ice capades. :rolleyes:

This new one is supposed to be set pretty early on in Batman's carreer, A year one, or year two, type of thing. Gordon is still a beat cop in it. From everything I've heard they are activley trying to not screw this up.

tom64ss, Dead End was great. It had the first live action Batman I've seen that actually looked like he really could beat up the criminals of Gotham.

That's what it was, they talked aboiut somekind of year one-ish story a while back.

If they botch this one, the Batman movie franchise will be pretty much dead, and after the succesful comic adaptions these last few years, they can't aford to screw this one up.

Any links to this Dead End short. I've never heard of it before.

I suppose we can guess that Katie Holmes will be Talia even though her role wasn't specified. With Ra's they have to have Talia in there.

You forgot the most important cast member of all.

Christopher Nolan - director.

Previously did Memento and Following - both are excellent head trip films, well made and clever as hell storytelling. Of course anyone who's seen Memento could tell you that.

I haven't heard anything official on Katie Holmes' casting... but I have heard that the story is definately a fresh take on the Batman franchise and it is NOT based on the Dark Knight Returns. It also isn't officially based off of Frank Miller's Year One, either. That was the project that fizzled with Darren Aronofsky attached to direct.

This one is building up quite nicely... I think Bale is absolutely perfect for Batman.

My girlfriend says that Bale is perfect for most anything. I ignore her and turn up the volume on the SI swimsuit issue special. ;)

The first Batman stands the test of time as well as the old SW movies..... meaning.... beyond nostalgia.... they are not that great anymore. <_<

With one glaring difference. Nobody walked out of Batman & Robin saying that Joel Schumacher "raped" their childhood. :lol:

Right.... because everyone had fainted after the blantat bad taste "fan service" that were the butt and nipple close ups in 3 and 4. <_<

You forgot the most important cast member of all.

Christopher Nolan - director.

Previously did Memento and Following - both are excellent head trip films, well made and clever as hell storytelling. Of course anyone who's seen Memento could tell you that.

I haven't heard anything official on Katie Holmes' casting... but I have heard that the story is definately a fresh take on the Batman franchise and it is NOT based on the Dark Knight Returns. It also isn't officially based off of Frank Miller's Year One, either. That was the project that fizzled with Darren Aronofsky attached to direct.

This one is building up quite nicely... I think Bale is absolutely perfect for Batman.

My girlfriend says that Bale is perfect for most anything. I ignore her and turn up the volume on the SI swimsuit issue special. ;)

Wow, Memento rocked... Thanks for posting that.

Bale is the man.

I can't wait to see this film. Ra was always one of my favorite villians from the animated series. I just hope this doesn't disappoint. Batman and Batman Returns are still some of my favorite movies but Returns has to be the better of the two due to Danny DeVito as Penguin. Batman Forever was okay nothing great but I'm glad they finally introduced Robin in a film. Batman and Robin was horrible and who ever thought changing the Batgirl story was a good idea needs to be shot. Lets not forget what they did to Bruce/Batman character wise. Bam memories, must stop thinking about it.

I believe there's also talk of Dennis Quaid playing a younger pre-commisioner Gordon.

I read a couple of months ago that that didn't go thru. But then I heard it again today on the radio before work, on KROQ. (Ralph's movie beat)

Any links to this Dead End short.  I've never heard of it before.

Click here.

I believe it was done by an FX firm as something of a demo of what they can do.

Thanks. I'm downloading it now :)

As for the new movie: Kick ass director, kick ass cast, all points to fulfilled wishes this time around. Things are off to a very good start. I look forward to seeing more about this.

I do wonder who will play Gordon this time.

Edited by Anubis

All this talk about 4 theatrical Bat films makes me remember the 5th Bat theatrical movie, the animated film "Mask of the Phantasm", the best of the whole bunch and the only one to truly capture what Batman was really about.

Ra's al Ghul as the villain? This sort of reminds me of the 8th Star Trek film: in order to revitalize the series, they brought in the big guns, ie the Borg. Let's hope they're as succesful with Ra's as ST were with the Borg.

Since Tim Burton and Joel Shumaker seem to be nowhere in sight, I'm optimistic already about this film.

Mask of the Phantasm was really good. True the best out of all them. I didn't get a chance to see it on screen but I read the novel then I got the video as soon as it came out. They really should stick to animation really when it comes to these films. At least things haven't gone wrong in the media.

Mask of the Phanstasm rocked. I thought it was way better than 2-4, as I said earlier.

Just watched the Dead End movie. That was great. Quite a surprise there.

they should have done "the Dark Knight Returns". that book kicks so much ass. the should also a a Kingdom Come movie. that book is freaking awesome.

I'd love to see Bruce kick Superman's ass on the screen. Maybe for the final movie they make.

they should have done "the Dark Knight Returns". that book kicks so much ass. the should also a a Kingdom Come movie. that book is freaking awesome.

They wanted to translate Year one to movie. And I heard Frank Miller even translated his Year-One story to script but in the end, they went with their current idea.

I liked Batman Forever but the last one was hit and miss (pieces I liked, most that I didn't). But the first 2 are nothing special at all IMO. Tim Burton is way overrated.

This new one? I may or may not see it. Depends what else is out. I would have preferred they kept the one timeline going but oh well. Course they keep shooting themselves in the foot by killing the villains... which is what Batman is NOT supposed to do. He's supposed to want to kill them but restrain himself. Eh. :)

Yeah right <_< . Bob Kane when he saw the first two Batman movies by Tim Burton, he said that Tim brought to big screen as he imagined and he was proud of it unlike Schumacher where some reporters report that Kane got a heart attack after seeing Batman & Robin !

And yes I`m hoping that Batman-5 will turn out as good as they say !