VF-1 Valkyrie Booster Project 1/72

robokochan

maybe I should hold off on my order... I'm pretty sure hasegawa is gonna want to mass produce that... :p

Just kidding Rob... excellent work Cap!

:o:lol:

Also I would like to mention we are now accepting pre-orders for the kit. I have posted a thread in the For Sale section...so get 'em while they're hot!

I also have a favor to ask. We are trying to figure out the color-scheme of the Booster. Is there anyone out there who could get a screen capture from the TV series? It would be much appreciated. I know there used to be a color picture floating around of the booster. I don't know if it was offical or fan-based..but if anyone had that...

Thanks

Rob

Edited by Monkey-N

Great work Jon, im sure many modellers like Jessie, Wmcheng, Grayson and so on will drool over this baby. :lol: All that is needed to make this piece complete is Devin's decals.

Outstanding job in producing such a masterpiece. :D

Cheers

I've also got a "detail" shot of Hikaru's -1S with the booster (side view right where it connects) Not all that detailed, though... basically it just shows that the little triangular region at the front of the booster is color-coded, as the one on Hikaru's is black with the arrow being yellow.

(Mods, if any of you feel these images are too big to be attached like this, let me know... I can upload and link if that's better)

Screencaps ahoy!

Thanks for the screen caps CDR Fokker! Wow teh booster itself is actually white. I could have sworn that it was light gray and dark grey, or even a Low Vis Style..

Anyway I would like to thank everyone for thier support and especially thank John for his amazing skill, attention to detail and last but not least his supurb creativity! Thank You for making some of our dreams come true!

Rob

Good Lord Cap'n!!! :ph34r: That is some bad-a** detailin' you've got goin' on with that booster!!! Great work!!!

Hmmm, wild... That screen cap really surprised me... I had no recollection that the boosters where white. I always envisioned them in that Soviet-era green, for some reason... :huh:

Hi guys.

Actually, the scribing process on this thing was what I call a textbook example in an exercise in frustration: lots of compond curves and hard to reach areas where my scribing templates would constantly deviate as I was scribing. Surprisingly, when the final primer coat went on, it didn't look quite as bad as I thought it would, but Hasegawa could definitely have done better.

...Problem is, I don't think the subject got enough coverage in the series/isn't popular enough for them to warrant producing one... So you're stuck with my crappy resin kit :D

Absolutely fantastic work John!!

Thanks for posting the pictures and allowing us to follow along your process. It looks great - I will definitely be ordering one or two for sure!!

Can't wait to see your build up - by the way, will the Hasegawa VF-1 be removeable after construction?

Looking forward to the launcher as well... :p

Went through the posts, but didnt' see these answers, so I'll ask..

Is the booster compatible with both super and non-super hasewaga fighters?

And as wm cheng asked, is the model removeable?

Thanks

Brad

Hi WM.

Actually no, because of the way that the booster litterally "wraps around" the fighter, it can't simply slide in & out. Since there was no official reference material for the booster ejection, I made it so that the very tips of the lower fuselage are designed to blow away with exploding bolts, and pressurized C02 nozzles would then "push" the Valk down slightly, and then the Valk's own thrusters would allow it to slide free of the booster structure.

I didn't make those tips separate on the kit, simply because my parts tally is already up to 15, and I wanted to keep the kit as simple as possible.

Went through the posts, but didnt' see these answers, so I'll ask..

Is the booster compatible with both super and non-super hasewaga fighters?

And as wm cheng asked, is the model removeable?

Thanks

Brad

You need to read the thread again then.

A little off topic but has anyone else noticed how huge the booster is on the shuttle in the top right of the last screencap? Holy crap!

Cheers,

Brett T

I saw that, it looks like it's attached to the side of a building.

So you're stuck with my crappy resin kit :D

Your crappy resin kit makes me want to cry. I still have dreams of your Legioss and Tread. And as I see wm cheng is on board I can't wait to see what he can do with this.

By the way, what episode are those screencaps from? To be honest I can't remember seeing this thing on screen before.

In awe,

Carl

exploding bolts, and pressurized C02 nozzles would then "push" the Valk down slightly

all that for a hundred bucks? :p

just kidding...

the final looks great! Can't wait to see the final one. Good luck to whoever gets it...

Yahoo, can't wait to get it on my hands :)

Rob, John, Jesse: This Valkyrie Booster should be included in the next WonderFest festival in Japan. I'm pretty sure there will be huge demand for it. (not sure if Wonderfest has shown a Valkyrie Booster before) :blink: