Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I could kind of see it actually. Rey and Dullindal sitting Shinn down and convincing him to join them. The plot could go in any direction.

Shinn may get some focus and start to have normal seed modes after he fights Destroy and tragically has to kill Stellar. That might make him think and focus more intead of just going nuts and destroying stuff. After he has a sad, sobering moment after killing her, maybe he'll calm down more and think about the way he does things. Give him a wake-up call. Nothing he's done yet had aversely affected himself yet, so he hasn't seen anything wrong with what he's done. He's sure to get even more priase now that he just downed the orb fleet, giving him a bigger head.

Rey and Gilbert are standing side by side, Gilbert in a black robe with a hood over his head and Rey in a black pilot's suit with tinted visor. Rey holds his hand out to Shinn and says "Come with me to the Dark Side."

Actualy, if Shinn had to kill Stellar that would make him even more psycho (well it would in real life anyway). I don't think offing someone she swore to protect would give him any sort of stability.

I could kind of see it actually.  Rey and Dullindal sitting Shinn down and convincing him to join them.  The plot could go in any direction.

Shinn may get some focus and start to have normal seed modes after he fights Destroy and tragically has to kill Stellar.  That might make him think and focus more intead of just going nuts and destroying stuff.  After he has a sad, sobering moment after killing her, maybe he'll calm down more and think about the way he does things.  Give him a wake-up call.  Nothing he's done yet had aversely affected himself yet, so he hasn't seen anything wrong with what he's done.  He's sure to get even more priase now that he just downed the orb fleet, giving him a bigger head.

Rey and Gilbert are standing side by side, Gilbert in a black robe with a hood over his head and Rey in a black pilot's suit with tinted visor. Rey holds his hand out to Shinn and says "Come with me to the Dark Side."

Actualy, if Shinn had to kill Stellar that would make him even more psycho (well it would in real life anyway). I don't think offing someone she swore to protect would give him any sort of stability.

Good point. I agree, killing Stellar isn't going to change him for the better, it's just going to make things worse. The way he is now, it's just going to send him in a rage of the likes we've never seen with him attacking both EA and ZAFT I think. Then again if he does snap to an even more extreme degree, having him kill someone like Luna or maybe causes someone on the Minerva to be killed directly because of his actions might start him on the path of a wake up call.

Also the idea about him being in a situation talking to an alliance officer of a child would be nice. I really wish something along that line and the one I suggested would happen. He needs to realize there is a human face behind those mobile suits he's destroying and drop the idea that all of the EA is stupid, etc...

Edited by Effect

From Guntoa :

DESTINY staff can't make their minds up

Instead of going by the names of Super Freedom and Knight Justice, the official SEED DESTINY site has revealed their official new names: Strike Freedom Gundam and Infinite Justice Gundam.

Infinite Justice?! They're ripping off the U.S. government too? Infinite Justice was the original name for Enduring Freedom, they dropped the name on political grounds.

Strike Freedom, bad name, too misleading. Makes it sound like a combination of Strike and Freedom, like a Freedom that can use Striker packs.

Those two new names are frigging stupid.

I love seed destiny, but the mecha names have become stupid.

Strike Freedom is dumb. Nu-Freedom or Super Freedom was way better. It really does bring a connotation that it has strike features. At least it's not Noble Freedom or something worse.

Infinite Justice just sounds retarded. Athrun should be too embarrased to pilot it. Much worse than the poor guys that have to say "Ghoon Launching".

Having a Destroy Gundam is bad enough.

Back to Shinn for a moment. After Stellar dies I was figuring Shinn would have a sad period, actually cry for once, mope for an episode or two, and then reflect what happened and why he couldn't save her. Actually review how he's been doing things. He probably would be a bit more unstable for a period though out of guilt, but then come through it.

Edited by Anubis

hmmm...Shinn?!

If Shinn ever (EVER) stop being a crazy bloody psyco I will definitely love him for overcoming such a ME KILL YOU NOW!!! berzerker seed but if not he'll just continue to be more & more evil, go mondo nutz when Steller dies, & eand up being killed by Kira & Athrun. 20 Episodes or so should reveal all :rolleyes:

How about Freedom II and Justice II until they figure out a dang name for those 2.

Shinn is a good kid but like a certain Skywalker.... much anger I sense in him.

entertaining episode, minor nitpick: after the kamikaze run, why was Dullindal and company on the bridge of Minerva, along with Athrun and Cagalli?

It might be contrarian, but did it strike anyone else as stupid for the captain to have taken an aircraft carrier against a battleship? Any competent officer would've relieved him of duty immediately. He was purposely endangering his crew and his entire command. The results were predictable. The only argument I could muster is that since the writers wanted Orb to emulate Japan, they decided to model the Orb navy after the imperial navy in WWII. The suicide run by the Murasame as well as the obstinate captain that had to go down with the ship because he just orders hundreds of men to their death, all smacked of WWII type mentality.

But nice bits of new animation sequence. I like how many ways they thought of to blow away the Murasames. Neat. I don't know how its possible, but that Orb carrier must've had over 40 Murasames aboard considering the numbers that went down in both encounters, if you just count on the fact that they couldn't be easily resupplied, that monster was really something. A blow like that would really hurt a minor country without a big military like Orb. It's probably the real reason Cagalli was crying in the end, that big carrier and that entire task force wiped out. OUCH, how much money will it cost to replace all that. That's just so wrong.

Edited by kalvasflam

Shinn is a good kid but like a certain Skywalker.... much anger I sense in him.

Yeah that guy needs some serious councelling and anger management.

ur the one to talk! :p

It might be contrarian, but did it strike anyone else as stupid for the captain to have taken an aircraft carrier against a battleship? Any competent officer would've relieved him of duty immediately. He was purposely endangering his crew and his entire command.

It had to end. He told the crew to abandon ship and seek refuge on Archangel so he didn't endanger his crew. The Takemikazuchi was serverly damaged. Shinn would be along in a few moments to sink it. He was obeying his conscience.

As soldiers, they obeyed their orders to take out Minerva by any means. If that meant ramming it or slamming your fighter into it, then that's what had to be done.

It had to end. He told the crew to abandon ship and seek refuge on Archangel so he didn't endanger his crew. The Takemikazuchi was serverly damaged. Shinn would be along in a few moments to sink it. He was obeying his conscience.

As soldiers, they obeyed their orders to take out Minerva by any means. If that meant ramming it or slamming your fighter into it, then that's what had to be done.

That might be, but he could've done that much earlier. And just soloed the ship in. As a soldier, he had to obey his orders, but that didn't mean committing suicide on purpose. The worst thing a soldier can do is to sacrificing himself for no purpose, which is how I viewed that final ride on toward Minerva.

The point here is, he can either decide to follow his conscience or be a soldier, straddling the line is a great way to get lots of people killed. The captain managed to do exactly that. Militarily, it's absolutely senseless to take an aircraft carrier against a battle ship in direct combat, and you'll note that carrier still had MS tied up on deck as it was going down. So, the only logical conclusion was the captain didn't really want to kill Minerva and his only choice was to sacrifice his own people in a suicide run. Talk about bad choices.

The bridge crew was just as bad, there is a big difference between reasonable and insane orders.

That might be, but he could've done that much earlier. And just soloed the ship in. As a soldier, he had to obey his orders, but that didn't mean committing suicide on purpose. The worst thing a soldier can do is to sacrificing himself for no purpose, which is how I viewed that final ride on toward Minerva.

The point here is, he can either decide to follow his conscience or be a soldier, straddling the line is a great way to get lots of people killed. The captain managed to do exactly that. Militarily, it's absolutely senseless to take an aircraft carrier against a battle ship in direct combat, and you'll note that carrier still had MS tied up on deck as it was going down. So, the only logical conclusion was the captain didn't really want to kill Minerva and his only choice was to sacrifice his own people in a suicide run. Talk about bad choices.

The bridge crew was just as bad, there is a big difference between reasonable and insane orders.

Well he did tell his men to abandon ship. He tryed to minimize his casualties. Remember he never wanted to fight. He believed in the three Ideals of ORB and didnt want to fight in the first place. It seems to me that he wanted to end the way that ORB's force was being used as a puppet by EAF. Yes most of the other ships in his force were takin out, but by him purposly trying to sink his own ship, maybe he believed that it would end ORB's obligation to fight, atleast for the time being, and thus hopefully giving Cagali a chance to go back to ORB and back them out of the treaty. he probably thought it was the only last honorable thing to do. He always believed in Cagali, so like I said, maybe hes trying to buy her time to take back control of ORB. But who knows, hes dead and he cant explain his actions right????

Holy God, what a great episode! Although to be honest, I'm annoyed at the way you can have 5 shows of talk, and then suddenly one show where so much suddenly happens!

Blast Impulse explodes, Chaos and Saviour get pwned, Luna gets taken out, and Abyss goes bye-bye.

Best part of the ep was DEFINITELY Shinn v. Kira.....Impulse flying horizontal over the water with Freedom above was beautiful, and the look on Kira's face when Shinn evaded his strike...FINALLY we get to see Shinn become an ass-kicker.

I just loved the way they paralleled Kira's introduction with Seed ep.34, and the way the parallel suddenly takes a downward turn, resulting in the last half of the show being a complete and total clusterfart. Awesome!

The only part I didn't like was the way Athrun got owned soooo badly by Kira. They're supposed to be comparable warriors, and Saviour is supposed to be a next-gen MS, yet within a second Kira utterly disassembles it. Honestly, i've been pretty unimpressed with Athrun in this series...he just seems to fly around and never actually be effective - you'd think he'd finally be the one to take out Chaos this ep, but it ended up being Kira as well. What the hell happened to him??

Maybe his ass-kicking skills will reawaken with Knight Justice..... <_<

Well he did tell his men to abandon ship. He tryed to minimize his casualties. Remember he never wanted to fight. He believed in the three Ideals of ORB and didnt want to fight in the first place. It seems to me that he wanted to end the way that ORB's force was being used as a puppet by EAF. Yes most of the other ships in his force were takin out, but by him purposly trying to sink his own ship, maybe he believed that it would end ORB's obligation to fight, atleast for the time being, and thus hopefully giving Cagali a chance to go back to ORB and back them out of the treaty. he probably thought it was the only last honorable thing to do. He always believed in Cagali, so like I said, maybe hes trying to buy her time to take back control of ORB. But who knows, hes dead and he cant explain his actions right????

Ordering his people to abandon ship was entirely after the fact that he went and set his ship on a collision course and the ship was already doomed. Minimize casulaties my ass, what he did was to in fact magnify casulaties. There were other ways of "taking Orb out of the fight," but he chose the way that would get most of his men killed. Now, if the rationale is that by killing Orb military personnel is the most expedient way to remove Orb from the fight. Then his methods were spot on.

But the rest of it just shows him to be an incompetent officer at best. Honor is a great thing to have when you're dead. If that's a choice any clear minded individual would have to make, I tend to think honor would go out the window in favor of life.

But the rest of it just shows him to be an incompetent officer at best. Honor is a great thing to have when you're dead. If that's a choice any clear minded individual would have to make, I tend to think honor would go out the window in favor of life.

I tend to think honor would go out the window in favor of life.

Well you said it yourself, Orb's soldiers right now are in a similar mindset as Japanese troops were in WWII. With that kind of mindset, there is no life without honor. If they are following a bushido style code of honor, honor goes above all, even life.

all of them?

The captain may be... but did all the rest of them lose their minds as well? If that's the case, then well, that's actually kinda cool. EA can use Orb as their kamikaze corp... that'll sure put a crimp in ZAFT, eh?

Wish they'd "Strike" that damn chest cannon. I like the idea of Shin turning evil though, it would also justify Kira's continued main role presence. Rau wasn't much of a Char character, and from the sounds of it, Neo isn't shapping up much either (with over half the series over), seeing the evolution of a Char/Vader styled character would definately be a welcome change. As for Athrun, he's never been a comparable pilot with Kira, hell, he had to self destruct the Aegis to take out Strike.

Edited by Keith

Yeah, I have to agree it wasn't all that shocking to see Kira make Athrun his bitch once he got serious. They've never been on equal standing.

Turning Shin evil is a pretty cool idea, although after you've spent this much time with him as a protagonist, he'd almost have to turn back at the end, and that would be a little bit too much like Star Wars for my taste. But we'll see where they go with it.

The episode overall was pretty cool, particularly since it was just total chaos. But there were a few things that kind of bothered me. What the hell was Archangel doing the whole time? In episode 23, they at least fired their cannons a few times to protect Minerva. Here, they fired into the water in front of the Orb fleet once, then just kind of sat back and watched. Same for Kira, what was he doing? After he took Athrun out of the picture, he just kind of hung out. I didn't get the impression that it would take him a terribly long time to fly over to the Orb fleet and settle Shin down, but it never happened. It seemed like the writers just kind of forgot about people as the episode dragged on. They wanted Minerva to get messed up, but they didn't want to shoot down Archangel, so they just ignored that it was there at all. They wanted Shin to go to town on the Orb fleet, but Kira was owning everyone that stood in front of him, so they just kind of pushed Kira to the side after his fight with Athrun was over. They didn't have these characters doing what their established personalities dictate they probably would, and they didn't write in anything to explain why, they just...forgot about it. It kind of bothered me throughout the episode, because every time Murasames were swooping in or every time Shin took out another ship, I was expecting to see the luminous green beams of Archangel's Gottfried or Freedom's beam rifle trying to save the day, and it never happened. I don't necessarily mind that they didn't intervene, I just didn't think it made much sense, so it was a little sloppy on the writers' parts not to explain what the hell they were doing while all this was going on.

Also, having Shin learn the error of his ways by meeting the wife and children of a pilot he killed would just mean taking a page straight out of Victory Gundam. That was one of my favorite parts of that show (around episode 40 or so, don't remember exactly since I last watched the show two and a half years ago), but I'm not anxious to see Destiny do exactly the same thing. Hopefully they can come up with something a little different if they intend to straighten Shin out.

I have to wonder if Shinn actually seeing who it was on that bridge might have been enough to stop him.

Todoka made a huge sacrifice to finally end this forced war for Orb, with that many ships and MS lost I don't see how Orb as a country could carry on even if the EAF demands it. Sure their soldiers could fight on the EAF's ships but the pressence that Orb had would be no more.

Watched ep 28, really cool show, finally no more talking and some action, bout time <_< I have to say that I'm dissapointed with how Athrun reacted in this episode, Cagalli was obviously in danger and he does nothing bout it, he only fights Kira, hey that guy must have been some awsome body guard, he see's his fiance getting shot at and he's doing nothing about that :angry:

Shinn evil was cool, but it's too obvious that he'll learn that he actually killed the guy that helped him out of Orb, he'll prally turn all crying and then all good <_<

Twas a cool episode thought, lots of things where blown up :p:lol:

I don't know why almost everyone views Shinn with such malice. You saw that at the beginning of the series that his immediate family was killed right in front of him, and he couldn't do anything to stop it. This would leave him in a very bitter state, I do find him pitiful at times. Anyone who had their family blown up right in front of them would be a bit messed up in the breadbox dept. I know that he does some stupid sh!t too, but he just needs straightening out, as some of you guys have suggested.

The only person I ever hated with a passion was in SEED: Flay :angry: . I know she had her Father killed too, but she was bloody annoying and prejudiced before that anyway.

Very nice episode so far. Much destruction and death.

One thing that bugs me is the naval battles. I really wonder how great the minerva truly is though. Its taking shots from an overwhelming force and taking it down seems to be a daunting task to the allied navy. Wasn't its positron cannon repaired btw? The Tannhausers weren't doing much either in sinking them ships. And can't it fly over the continent escaping being boxed in? <_<

Athrun's SEED mode wasn't activated....he was still reluctant to fight, thus he got pwned by Kira who decided he wants to fight at the last moment.

Things don't look good for the EA. Insurgents are happening around the world, their armies are spread thin, and they lost 2 of their "Extended" and stolen Gundams. ZAFT can win this if Dullindal wants them to....so what's his plan.....hmm....

Meanwhile Eternal is making its way into ZAFT...

I don't know why almost everyone views Shinn with such malice. You saw that at the beginning of the series that his immediate family was killed right in front of him, and he couldn't do anything to stop it. This would leave him in a very bitter state, I do find him pitiful at times. Anyone who had their family blown up right in front of them would be a bit messed up in the breadbox dept.

People hate his attitude/personality. I can say I'm not happy with it either. He's undisiplined and needs some serious anger management. As I said pages before, Shinn's hatred of ORB is somewhat misguided. Sure Attha was indirectly responsible for his family's death but there was nothing he could have done to have changed it. He's messed up but acting like he did isn't going to make the pain go away. He needs to learn self-control.

I know that he does some stupid sh!t too, but he just needs straightening out, as some of you guys have suggested.

Being slapped by Athrun,...twice, being yelled at by Talia, and he still acts like a jerk. Also we got some negative reinforcement; on one hand the crew is treating him like the next messiah and on the other hand, his superior officers are having real problems with him.

I have to wonder if Shinn actually seeing who it was on that bridge might have been enough to stop him.

Todoka made a huge sacrifice to finally end this forced war for Orb, with that many ships and MS lost I don't see how Orb as a country could carry on even if the EAF demands it. Sure their soldiers could fight on the EAF's ships but the pressence that Orb had would be no more.

In his blind hatred, probably not. In Todoka's mind, this was the best answer. With ORB gone in military strength, EA can't run to ORB for help. Sure ORB can provide manufacturing help but now, their out of the war with their naval fleet in ruins.

Also, having Shin learn the error of his ways by meeting the wife and children of a pilot he killed would just mean taking a page straight out of Victory Gundam.

If he met the wife and children of Todoka (if he has any), then that would be interesting. If Todoka had a kid, then you have to wonder if Shinn just created another Shinn by killing Todoka.

What I find most confusing about SEED is that it's making the EA out to seem like it's weak by having some of the areas in it rebel, them needing Orb's forces. Yet They are only in one part of the world. Last time I checked the Atlantic Federation controlled both North and South America and some parts of Euripe around the UK region. It was the Eurasian Federation areas that were having the rebel problems it seemed. Yet it seems as if they were trying to show the EA in trouble.

We have limited ZAFT forces on Earth. While they seem to be building new bases or have a lot of smaller ones, they do't look that well defended and a few shrapnel shells seems like they would wonders to those bases. If I didn't know any better I would think that they were trying to show that while it looks like ZAFT is winning they really aren't doing much cause the Atlantic Federation ground forces could come in and blitz them anytime they want. Sure ZAFT has the Minerva but I wouldn't doubt if the Atlantic Federation had a few new Archangel style battleships partoling their waters just waiting for orders. If they don't then it doesn't make any sense why they wouldn't have any ships like that since they clearly can build them since they had two Archangel and the Dominion and Atlantic Federation areas were never directly assulted outside of Alaska and Panama.

I would like to think that but it seems that might not be the case unless the Atlantic Federation has all it's forces in space which makes no sense. Or if Dijbril is actually part of the Eurasian Federation and mainly deals with them with talking to the Atlantic Federation President that one time since it was them that had the nukes and not the Eurasian Federation which would be weird I feel. We don't really know exactly who is in charge of the EA it seems. We never get a face of the peopel calling the shots or anything. We've seem to get that in all other Gundam series but this one and even to a degree in SEED. One can't simply say BC is in charge but who from Blue Cosmos? Are the military leaders being controlled? The president of these countries? Who is BC and why are they letting things continue as they are?

Sure we know LOGOS might be behind it but that hasn't stopped them from showing Gilber or constantly hearing Talia saying they have orders to go to different places and not always running into Neo's fleet.

Arg. To many problems with the show. I'm trying not to think to much about but it can't be helped sometimes since the show forces you to ask these questions I feel by doing certain things or by not doing certain things.

Weren't the summaries of Destiny Astray posted in this thread before?

I'm interested in seeing how that ends since Destiny Astray actually takes place before the SEED Destiny anime starts. So the trouble they have in the Astray manga really shouldn't be going on once the anime starts I think.

Edited by Effect

I missed the summaries, I torrented a fan translation of the first volume the other day.

Yes, it does start before the events in Destiny (one cool scene is a ZAKU warrior under testing) kick off but it could just as easily go on and run as parellel to Destiny as Astray did with Seed.

The Alliance isn't the solidified political entity the Earth Federation was, it's more like NATO. As far as I know the only problem the Atlantic Federation is having aside from ZAFT is with the United States of South America. They started revolting at the same time as the Battle of Yakin Due was going on. The Earth Alliance controls just about every continent on Earth aside from Australia and parts of Africa, and now that they have mobile suits what's really stopping them from running ZAFT off Earth? The only explanation I can think of is both the Atlantic and Eurasians have to divde their attention between ZAFT and domestic unrest.

Is it just me or is Sting becoming the next Yzak. He lost Stellar, which is only temporary, Auel is KIA, and his Chaos is damaged but repairable. If it wasn't for wiping his memory every so often I think he would be more vengeful and be more agressive. But in all honesty something tells me Chaos is going to be the only original Gundam to survive until the last episode.

Is it just me or is Sting becoming the next Yzak. He lost Stellar, which is only temporary, Auel is KIA, and his Chaos is damaged but repairable. If it wasn't for wiping his memory every so often I think he would be more vengeful and be more agressive. But in all honesty something tells me Chaos is going to be the only original Gundam to survive until the last episode.

He might be. Sting is the only one with his head screwed on even slightly correct. Auel was a loud mouth but that doesn't matter since he met his watery grave. Stellar is just plain nuts....oh wait, she has "issues". So yeah, Sting might be the only one to last long enough to the end.