Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

there are many big gundam armors and mobile suits throughout the gundam universe the Big Zam , Nuel Zeil (sp?), Alpha Azeil(sp?), Xeku Zwei and many others, so it is not unnatural. this new one does not look to overly massive, its backpack is what really makes it look big, as for the MS itself it looks to be about alittle over double the size of a convenional MS (about 2 mobile suits and a half). by the way the HCM Pro Force Impulse and Zaku warrior (the shiki is out to) is out i hope someone on this site can do a review on it soon.

HCM PRO Force Impulse

chris

WTF?! How it it even possible to buiild a Gundam that big!

You haven't heard of Psyco Gundam?

Forgot my thoughts about Episode 22....They mislabeled it as Phase-21....Scenes of Astrays getting cut apart were taken from the same scenes as when the Windams were getting sliced up...and at 00:21:11, Impulse became Strike......Geez the production crew is really taking shorcuts.

yeah I notice that too, But I like the strike so it was a bonus for me. :lol: perhaps someone did that on purpose. :rolleyes:

Forgot my thoughts about Episode 22....They mislabeled it as Phase-21....Scenes of Astrays getting cut apart were taken from the same scenes as when the Windams were getting sliced up...and at 00:21:11, Impulse became Strike......Geez the production crew is really taking shorcuts.

strike.jpg

Its nice to see the Strike slicing up some Astray :lol: . Maybe the production staff mean it for Strike rouge slicing up the Astray, they just gave it the wrong color :lol:

Unfortunately, I haven't. This is Kensei's First Gundam. :D

See if you can get the Zeta Gundam box set that was recently released in America. It's well worth the price. ;)

The new Gundams look very cool in Colussus case and pretty blase for Nu Freedom. I'd hoped it would more aggresisve than that after an upgrade.

Perhaps Colousslus rides that suacer on it's back like the orbital artlillery mech that was piloted by Fuala Griffon near the end of V Gundam whose name escapes me right now.

Toysroom photo-shoot excerpts:

11-00 ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam (3/2005)

12-00 ZGMF-1000 Zaku Warrior (3/2005)

I have to say that I am more and more impressed at this series. Especially with the articulation.

I want to get the Zaku Warrior just for this pose alone!!

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/pony-hp/HCM...-IMPULSE_31.JPG

It's also somewhat interesting that the SEED suits do not appear to have any of the digital-camo markings as seen on all previous UC suits.

Hmmm.....I hope Freedom gets upgraded and not downgraded (i'm worried that there might be a Gundam X / X Divider thing going on here). Still though, i like the stylistic changes to Freedom :D

So we now know what Stellar will be piloting eh? I can't wait to see the Colossus MSIA!

QUOTE ( @ --)

See if you can get the Zeta Gundam box set that was recently released in America. It's well worth the price. ;)

The new Gundams look very cool in Colussus case and pretty blase for Nu Freedom. I'd hoped it would more aggresisve than that after an upgrade.

Perhaps Colousslus rides that suacer on it's back like the orbital art

It just looks too mjuch like providence Gundam to me as well, with regards, to the back section.

I kinda like the colossus.

I wonder if it has any funnels. It better at that size.

Got two really big guns on top too.

Hard to tell who designed this one. Gundam tech keeps getting borrowed from each other (all the gundamjacking), so let's see.

Given the EA's current push of next-gen Mobile Armors I'd put my money on this being EA designed. I also agree that Stellar will probably pilot it.

As for the Freedom, not sure what to think yet. I hope it doesn't get neutered, but if it gets a few funnels then fine. Hope it at least keeps the shoulder cannons though.

I kinda like the colossus.

I wonder if it has any funnels. It better at that size.

Got two really big guns on top too.

Hard to tell who designed this one. Gundam tech keeps getting borrowed from each other (all the gundamjacking), so let's see.

Given the EA's current push of next-gen Mobile Armors I'd put my money on this being EA designed. I also agree that Stellar will probably pilot it.

As for the Freedom, not sure what to think yet. I hope it doesn't get neutered, but if it gets a few funnels then fine. Hope it at least keeps the shoulder cannons though.

Now about multiple pilots? A few of the ZAFT mobile suits were like that. Are you saying that it might be piloted by Stellar because it is black?

That's a good point, it could be that the three EAF pilots all pilot this Gundam as a team.

Although, speaking for myself, I have a feeling that Stellar will end up piloting it since so far Destiny has pulled quite a few "homages" to character and plot points from Zeta, and in her case, her story feels a lot like Four Murasame/Rosamia's stories in Zeta. Four, Rosamia, and Stellar are all similar in that they are inherently sweet girls that end up being twisted by the army's use of experimental technology to make them into ruthless soldiers.

Four and Stellar are also similar in that they both meet the respective main characters on the opposite side (Camille and Shinn) while in civilian dress around town. This chance encounter sparks off a relationship that in Stellar's case will probably end in tragedy, just like Four.

Then you have both Four and Rosamia piloting oversized black Gundams. It's only a guess, but I can see Stellar heading down the same path.

Edited by Seven

Just like all the other Destiny Gundams, that big black is BUTT-@SS UGLY. Main body section looks like it was based off Gaia, shoulders look like Impulse's, legs kind of make me think of the GP02. And seriously, what the hell is up with that back pack. Looks like something you'd see on some weird looking Mega Man X boss. Why couldn't they get Junichi Akutsu to do the designs again. I can't wait to see the Strike Rouge just to see a Gundam that doesn't make my eyes hurt. Though I'll admit Savior isn't that bad. Acutaly, Savior and Calamity are just about the only Okawara SEED suits I like.

Unless Neo or Rey is piloting that thing I doubt it'll have any kind of DRAGOON or Gunbarrel weapon system. Though on the other hand no here has been able to confirm if Morgan Chevalier is a Newtype or not. I would say this guy was spawed by the Alliance, specificaly the Atlantic Federation, if that Eurasian captain is anything to go by, I'll assume it's the Eurasian Federation behind the mobile armors. I guess they weren't satisfied with Hyperion.

And that screen shot really got my hopes up d@mnit. I though we would see someone with a third Strike Gundam unit.

I'll wait till I see a clearer line art before I start ripping on the "enchanced" Freedom.

Edited by Druna Skass

I hope so, I love them far more then MSIA's. Plus this line is a good scale for things like Psyco/Colussus Gundam, Meteor etc so I hope they expand it soon.

They could have done so allready by including the G Defensor with the AEUG MK2 repaint or the MBL with the Hyaku but alas no. :(

Colussus feet remind me of Genesic GaoGaiGar,

http://www.cmscorp.jp/product/images/gene_gao.jpg

I ended up downloading the sub of ep 22 regardless since I was so bored, I have weak will power when it's as easy as pushing a button. :unsure:

Fairly good episode but the next one should be even better, can't wait to see all the reactions to Freedoms sudden appearence. Particulary Mirrielias, will she want to go with her old friend Kira or continue on her own... tension mounts. :D

Holy......God......

You have to give this for the writers of the show, they can SURE leave you screaming for more! Those last moments of this ep sent a chill down my spine.....it looks like its gonna be a massive brou-ha-ha for the next one, and damn if the weekend can't get here fast enough!

WOW!

Holy......God......

You have to give this for the writers of the show, they can SURE leave you screaming for more!  Those last moments of this ep sent a chill down my spine.....it looks like its gonna be a massive brou-ha-ha for the next one, and damn if the weekend can't get here fast enough!

WOW!

Minerva's crew went from code red to code brown. :lol: Athrun in particular seemed to have a little extra in his pants. Shinn's reaction next episode should be VERY interesting, since Freedom is directly responsible for the death of his parents.

Kira had a nice, serious expression on his face too. :ph34r: He's there to kick ass and take names.. and he left the notepad and pen at home.

Damned nice end to the episode, especially after they screwed up so hard they couldn't even get the episode number right. <_<

Edited by DarkPhoenix

I personally hope Shinn whups Kira's ass for doing that to the Minerva. That could have destoyed the ship easily. I hope Athrun at least chews him out.

One shot from the Minerva in that position would have sent Orb crying to its momma.

I personally hope Shinn whups Kira's ass for doing that to the Minerva. That could have destoyed the ship easily. I hope Athrun at least chews him out.

One shot from the Minerva in that position would have sent Orb crying to its momma.

I really wish Yuna would have gotten hit by that shot, but sadly no. I think now is the chance for the Captain to throw Yuna off, label him MIA and turn back home. :D

Dam I really hope this week goes by fast. <_<

Ohh and the Colossus Gundam. I would like to se how in the world it gets defeated, if it does get defeated. Guess I'll wait and see. :unsure:

I also want to add that I like how they explained what Steller, Sing, and Auel's wierd beds were for. Damn things are effective too, judging how she left the hankerchief behind not knowing what it was anymore.

Neo's comments would give some plausibility to the Mu theory instead of the Mu clone. "Sounds like I've become the evil old man" or something like that does sound odd for a bad guy to say. Also his "I wonder if we're better off with or without our memories."

Interesting. I'm not sure what to make of this guy.

I still think Kira needs to be whupped. Gotta protect the orb fleet so Cagali isn't sad. <_< Maybe he's buying time so Cagalli can make a speech, of course which Yuna will ignore and then Archangel will be dragged into the fight anyway, as evident by Andy launching in the ep preview. He just put minerva at a big handicap when it's trying to take on a strike force. I hope we see how well the Impulse actually can fare against the Freedom.

I don't know why but it really annoys me that Kira did that to the Minerva.

Nice ep.....that whole Orb fleet should just go rogue and join Zaft. ;)

Its good to know that Astrays are still in use and not decomissioned after the Murasames.

http://202.239.72.116/2/src/1111557090619.jpg

The giant Gundam is not Colossus, but Destroy Gundam. So in other words, Destiny now holds the crown for worst ever Gundam name. It seems to be an Alliance machine.

I don't read Japanese myself, but apparently somewhere in that description it says something to the effect of, "One can say that it's a genocide machine." So I guess we'll see later on how a single Gundam can carry out genocide. (Edit: Just occurred to me that if it's the Alliance carrying out Coordinator genocide, all they really need is one Gundam with a ton of nukes, so I guess it's not as outlandish as it seems.)

I'm sure Gunota will have more info on this momentarily.

Edited by phuqueue

Call me crazy, but that Destroy Gundam looks like it may have a transformation similar to the Asshimar. But if that's not Colossus, what the hell is? As for the Destiney's light wings, perhaps now we call it the Shining V2 Zeta? I know the Impulse looked like the Victory Gundam, and now here's the Destiny with the V2 minovsky drive light wings.

Edited by Keith

http://202.239.72.116/2/src/1111557090619.jpg

I'm sure Gunota will have more info on this momentarily.

GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam - A gigantic mobile suit developed by the Earth Alliance. Various firearms are distributed over the entire body and it possesses equipment which invalidates beam weaponry. One unit by itself can easily destroy an entire city and, by now, one can say that "genocide machines" of this strategy level have exceeded the realm of standard tactics.

Invalidates beam weaponry....positron reflectors (that invalidates beam weapons, when turned on....) Why do I get the feeling that this thing has a minature positron gun on it...

Oh and Destiny's weapons

MMI-GA2500 20mm Machine Gun

M3200Y 'Baldr' High Energy Long-Range Beam Cannon

MR-T45V 'Notung' Large Anti-Ship Sword

MA-BAR800 High Energy Beam Rifle

MMI-ST Miniature Shield

YRE4X Power Knuckle 

MGX-3445 'Ur' Miniature General Purpose Beam Cannon

Humm...so it doesn't have beam boomerangs....

Edited by azrael

Power Knuckle?

:blink:

Lot of different weapons on the destiny. Long and close range bases are definately covered. The pics sure look like it has beam boomerangs though.

Guess the shield has a beam cannon in it too. Miniature beam cannon to go with miniature shield.

No surprize that the Destroy Gundam (liked how Colossus sounded better) will have positron deflectors. That suit will be bad ass.

By "genocide machine" I wonder if the EA will use this thing against Eurasia, to stomp out the rebellion there.

By "genocide machine" I wonder if the EA will use this thing against Eurasia, to stomp out the rebellion there.

I kind of doubt it. A single machine, no matter how big and powerful it is, isn't going to do a whole lot of good against widespread rebellion. More likely, it's designed to ruin PLANT's day. Space colonies are fragile and aren't difficult to take out, but terrestrial civilization would pose quite a challenge to one machine.

Besides that, the Cosmic Era world seems to have largely progressed past traditional racial divides so that the only important one now is Natural vs. Coordinator (actually, the same goes for most Gundam shows...racial tension, where it exists, always seems to take place along artificial boundaries, be it Natural/Coordinator or Oldtype/Newtype). The people in Eurasia are probably only considered Naturals, not Slavs or whatever. So if they're calling it a genocide machine, it's probably designed to take out Coordinators. That would be in line with what we saw in SEED (ie, each side going all out to wipe out the other with some sort of superweapon), as well as what we've seen so far in Destiny. Djibril thinks everyone will settle down if they can just wipe out PLANT and end the war, so I doubt he'd waste time putting down rebellions that he believes will burn out anyway as soon as the war finishes up.

Power Knuckle?

See the parts on the hands? Perhaps they're an alternative to the combat knives... i.e. close-quarter combat weapons not stabbing but nothing like a good enhanced punch.

Guess the shield has a beam cannon in it too. Miniature beam cannon to go with miniature shield.

Doubt the shield has a beam cannon. The beam cannon seems to be referring to the one in the palm of the hands.

No surprize that the Destroy Gundam (liked how Colossus sounded better) will have positron deflectors

Gunota's translation doesn't state that specifically. I just guess it would since we've seen it a lot lately.

Looks pretty cool now I can see more detail, they weren't kidding about it having loads of weapons. Destiny, perhaps those Beamn boomerangs are just stylized saber handles.

Simply, Destiny is a combination of all the major points of Impulse (Force, Blast, Sword). Until the final specs come out or until we see it on screen, we will probably have to put the beam boomerangs on hold. I don't think they're beam sabers. The anti-ship sword can handle that function. IIRC, the final specs on Justice didn't come till near the end of SEED. At that time, the specs never listed the beam boomerangs it had in its shoulders (since the specs probably came from the model). The shoulders may well be boomerangs, they may be beam sabers or they may be nothing. Until we actually see Destiny in action, we will probably have to put those boomerangs on hold.

Edited by azrael

To me the Destiny Gundam seems to be kind of a lazy mish-mash so far as I look at it more. It looks ok, but the more I think about the more the design planning seems to have went like this:

How do we 1-up the Freedom's sweet wings ----> beam wings.

Gotta incorporate something from all the Strike/Impuse modes this time----->big sword + big beam cannon = easy

beam rifle, shield, "miniature beam cannon", machine guns ---->basics covered (Where the miniature beam is remains to be seen until we actually see the Gundam, wether it's in the palm, shield, or it's ass. Beam boomerangs we'll see if it does have them or not later. Correct on no full Justice specs until way later on. It's not really a major addition anyway if it has it or not.)

Gotta have something "unique" in this Gundam, other than the wings ---> scans gundam weapon archive, notices god finger not used since G-----> adds "power knuckle". Who knows if it's the same type of attack, or more like the PPB punch the YF-19/21 can do. I think power knuckle is a silly name, hence my adding the :blink: earlier. Either way it's still a nice addition, silly name or not.

It will look scores better in the animation, but to me this is starting to look like the Frankenstein Gundam, incorporating as much as they possible can in it except funnels, which will no doubt be saved for another Gundam later on.

I'm way more looking forward to whatever Zaku's and Gouf's are to come. The Zaft mass production MS's are my favorites so far in this series, and IMO get the best styling, just like the Zeon mass-models I love in UC.

I do like the Destroy Gundam though. It will be a tough MS to take out.

I'm still hoping for a new high-level funnel equipped gundam though ASAP.

Edited by Anubis