Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

downloadanime still has it, and they sometimes have the raw links

looks nice but the feet look too small to me...usually when you see a gundam you see big feet...:p...but besides that, nothin' wrong with it...looks really nice...too bad okawara can't do that <_< ...i personally wonder if he wants bandai to fire him :lol: either way, he needs to step down from the gundam game and possibly let the guys from BEE-Craft to take over for him...seems like they'd too just as good ifnot better than Okawara...but whatever...a guy can only dream :rolleyes:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

The Destiny looks kinda cool like that actually.

Next up: Nu-Freedom

Nu-what?!

As part of Newtype Magazine's 20th anniversary giveaway, Satoshi Shigeta's illustration (mechanical animation director for DESTINY) may have revealed Kira's next MS. A close up view scanned from magazine reveals the name, Nu-Freedom/M. This will be the 3rd MS name in DESTINY based on UC World.  ¶ 6:55 AM

If it has "Nu" in the title it better have funnels.

post-26-1110483403_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Destiny ver-Ka-ed?

;)

IMG_003128.jpg

i like that pic alot, i hope we see some Mgs or GFF of this.

chris

Who knows, maybe Dullindal asks Kira to bring Freedom in for an upgrade when the Destiny rolls out.

The shinning/burning finger thing maybe is like Crossbone Gundam X3... It is an I-field that can block beam weapons. :lol:

up27240.jpg

Could also be what the Red Astray used as a weapon of last resort (ie. "I'm getting my ass kicked. Time to pull out a fast one and get the hell away.")

In the manga, Lowe discovers by accident that if he channels power to the hand as if he were to use the beam sword but actually not use one, he has a poormans version of the 'burning' finger attack. :)

So now it's been incorporated into this lets-put-all-the-weapons-we-can-find-plus-a-few-more-that-don't-fit Gundam. :lol:

Or I could be way off and it's just a beam shield thingy. ;)

It might.

The main body definitely won't change (if the ED theme silhoutte holds true). The HiMAT system will still be there, may look different but it's still the same. The railguns look like they'll stay. I'm leaning on funnels, though.

GSD has a low rating, I wonder if it could survive untill the final episode

Courtesy of Gunota:

Ratings for 4th month of SEED DESTINY courtesy of Newtype magazine.

DESTINY:

Ep 14: 5.5

Ep 15: 5.8

EDITED: 4.3

Ep 16: 3.9  ¶ 5:53 AM

I wonderif the Nu Freedom an the Destiny is being rushed up to boost the tv rating.... <_<

Shinn will keep killing and killing and killing to do what he thinks is the right thing continuing a never-ending cycle, but in the end, he will just make more Shinns. Someone will come along thinking the same thing and do the exact same thing. Athrun was trying to point that out to Shinn because at one time, Athrun was a Shinn. It's an endless cycle and Shinn just became part of it. When Shinn learns to look outside the cycle, beyond himself, then he may find his answers.

Hopefully some kid who had a relative killed by Shinn shows up at the end and shoots Shinn dead. And as he's dying in a pool of his own blood he thinks I f*cked up and the last thing he sees is Athrun looking down at him saying I told you so...

GSD has a low rating, I wonder if it could survive untill the final episode

Courtesy of Gunota:

Ratings for 4th month of SEED DESTINY courtesy of Newtype magazine.

DESTINY:

Ep 14: 5.5

Ep 15: 5.8

EDITED: 4.3

Ep 16: 3.9  ¶ 5:53 AM

I wonderif the Nu Freedom an the Destiny is being rushed up to boost the tv rating.... <_<

GSD has unfortunately suffered from low ratings. Especially the block from episode 10-20. But as we have seen, not much has happened during that block. When the story moves along, then perhaps we will see a raise in ratings. However, judging by the DVD releases (word is, there will be 12-13 volumes), this series will last for the 50+ episode mark.

Oh, and Nu-Freedom's name seems to have been lifted from Cyber Formula.....

http://www.sunrise21.jp/contents/cyber_rte...car_t01_01.html

I don't think they are affected by ratings, since the reason for the gundam cartoons are to market to bandai toys after all. So no matter what the ratings, i'm sure more MS will appear and Destiny will complete its run. What it doesn't get in ratings, it will get in merchandise. ;)

Next up:    Nu-Freedom

Nu-what?!

As part of Newtype Magazine's 20th anniversary giveaway, Satoshi Shigeta's illustration (mechanical animation director for DESTINY) may have revealed Kira's next MS. A close up view scanned from magazine reveals the name, Nu-Freedom/M. This will be the 3rd MS name in DESTINY based on UC World.  ¶ 6:55 AM

Dammit. The notes weren'y in reference to the Nu Gundam at all. :(

Edit: Turns out the real reference here is to the Nu Asurada AKF-0 from Future GPX Cyber Formula.

I have no idea why, how, what they're thinking, why that, or anything. I just find it wierd. :blink::(:angry::blink:

Edited by Anubis

hmmm :huh: I do have that model (thanks to eBay) & it is easily the fastest anime race car i've ever seen but EXACTLY WTH a car has to do with the naming of a gundam....just what is Fukuda trying to pull :blink: Its just too weird & confusing....Nu-Freedom/M AKF-0 (ν-ZGMF-X10A/M AKF-0...WTF...imagine that on a model or MSiA box) GD Fukuda needs to stop while (he thinks) he's ahead <_<

BUT SF did an incredible job with SEED so I would just get both versions if you have the room....just in case Sunrise stupidly licenses the series with 15 episodes to go :angry: & AK/AO kills their releases again.

Not necessary...that's when Haro^2 fansubs appear (gee i wonder where they came from ;) ) when Destiny becomes licensed.

It happened for Seed....it will happen again. :p

Who's Haro^2?

Okay, now normally, I don't dl licensed stuff, and if I have a series dled, and I like it, I'll buy it on DVD when it comes out.

In this case, though, I'm 20 episodes into Destiny (A-Kingdom & AonE). Now, even though I'm sure I'll pick up the DVDs, does anyone know if any groups out there are going to finish fansubbing Desinty? Naturally, I'd prefer to finish out with AK&A1, but something tells me they're dropping it. How about SEED Fansubs?

There will always be some group out there who will ignore the license and continue subbing. When you have a raving fanbase and literally thousands of downloads per ep of your product (generating huge profile), then you'll have someone providing it.

Honestly, now that i've heard Destiny has been licensed i'm sort of disappointed. Why? Because of the completely ass-tastic way that Bandai America handled the Seed license, including the products. I honestly don't expect much better from them, and would rather that Bandai as a whole keeps Gundam in Japan instead of taking massive losses in the US

Oh well....

I'm quite sure that Haro^2 is mostly made up of ppls from AK&A1 since the H^2 releases were almost identical to the AK format. I think AK will continue as well, maybe they found out the true reason for these fansubs (watching the series as it airs & buying the DVDs when they become available). And they usually delete all the torrents on licensed material but out of the few series that have been recently licensed AK still have those torrents available.

Not really following you when you say ass-tastic? I mean...what's so wrong about this? Out of a 50 episode series, 2/3rds of it have gone out of release and it hasn't been a year since they started their first DVD release. They're making good money off the show, and obviously being Aired on TV is a good deal and considering its still on the air the raitings aren't bad then, meaning fanbase. So obviously its not ass-tastic.

Not really following you when you say ass-tastic? I mean...what's so wrong about this? Out of a 50 episode series, 2/3rds of it have gone out of release and it hasn't been a year since they started their first DVD release. They're making good money off the show, and obviously being Aired on TV is a good deal and considering its still on the air the raitings aren't bad then, meaning fanbase. So obviously its not ass-tastic.

I disagree.

In regards to the cartoon, the fact that it's pulling in good ratings speaks to the quality of the show and the fanbase, since Cartoon Network certainly have NOT gone out of their way to promote it - instead putting it in a Friday 1am timeslot, correct? (we don't get CN up here, but that's what i've been told). This is in contrast to the daily airings Wing had.

The handling of the Gundam product is what my ass-tastic comment focuses on though and i'm speaking primarily about MSIA's and not the models - go to any of your major toy distributors and take a look at the shelves. For a show which has already aired 2/3rds of the way through, with supposedly good ratings, there is not a SINGLE Gundam toy out there - and what IS on the shelves has been heavily discounted.

Instead of following what looked like a winning formula with Wing Gundam, Bandai screwed the pooch with G Gundam, and likewise with its Seed Gundam products. Their distribution system was horrible - G Gundam and all the Mandor and Toro MSIA's flooding the shelves (not to mention the endless Burning BS figures) killed any minute momentum the product had from the lethargic UC line, and Bandai's release of 3 different versions of the Strike Gundam MSIA, not to mention the Astray's (which were cool but which did not figure into the show at all) in the first wave, while the iron was hot (so to speak) pretty much were the final nails in the Gundam merchandising coffin from an action figure standpoint.

Why Bandai didn't release all 5 of the prominent 'hero' Gundam figures in the first wave is still beyond me. Regardless though, they were able to take a franchise which had excellent toy sales with Wing and run it UTTERLY into the ground - there have been NO new US Gundam action figures for nearly a year now on the shelves. Hell, even He-Man lasted longer than Seed.

I loved being able to find Gundams on local store shelves and buying them without the inflated prices. But it's become apparent that Bandai USA do not know what they are doing, and that their actions have hurt the Gundam franchise as a whole. Thank god that the japanese market is still going strong, otherwise we wouldn't be getting any MSIA's at all.

Edited by Magnus

I see want you mean Magnus. Most stores near me no longer have a Gundam section at all. (Walmart, Target, Etc.) All of the US Seed MSIA's I got I still had to order them online. CN airing of Seed was wrongly done. They did not even order all of the series at first. They aired some then replaced the slot with something else. And now at a bad time slot. :angry: There is not much pushing even now of the Seed DVD's. All of the US Seed MSIA's I got I still had to order them online.

I think the main area of US Gundam sales has always been the MSiA. The UC, G, & Wing (1st eds) were available everywhere but for some reason the BS line killed them off very slowly. For one, they produced entirely too many BS G Gundams...I meam they are still in most of the K-marts in my area for ridiculous $2.99 & $3.99 prices & they still won't sale.

Lets face it, Wing is much more popular than G. The Walmart that had the 1st ed Wing figures sold out in 2 months (mainly thanks to me B)) ) & they never had any MSiA since (why was that so GD stupid?!....if you're selling a product from a CO that sells out so fast why won't you acquire more of that product :blink: ) Sure they have some SDs but they aren't selling at all.

You can call the stores that sell (or sold) the MSiAs extinuating circumstances but the Bandai plainly didn't want Walmart to carry them anymore. Merchandiser are not that idiotic but Bandai must have a real problem with sticking with something that works.

Stuffing the stores that sold MSiAs that soldout with junk that wouldn't sell was the single action that I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND...don't Bandai do product tests.

The only place around with any kind of real MSiA is KB Toys. It is basically a gold mine of SEED...at really cheap prices to boot. So to celebrate I painted 1 of my 13 Aile Striker sets ($4) GOLD(high quality gold leaf...not that crappy testors stuff) B))

I love Bandai like any other collector but what they did to Gundam toys in the US is unforgiveable - its not even rational or logical...just stupid :(

Edited by Freedomatrix

Haine really seems to be a nice guy. He's light spirited and a little sarcastic (Why does he has to DIE :huh: ).....I guess Fukuda will continue the good ole' "the only thing that can fight a gundam IS another gundam" BS but considering that, for the moment, Freedom has no equal its easy to see how Haine bites it :(

Epi. 21 is great :lol: . Athrun reaction is priceless when he found Meer in his bed :lol: .

Shin and Stellar, hmmm, I wonder if she is the next four murasame..... <_< .

Lots of fanservice in this episode, but nicely done :lol:

I would take imediate advantage of that situation.

Why doesn't Athrun?

I'm assuming he doesn't, does he?

Edited by Anubis

I don't know if I missed it in this or another thread, but was it ever mentioned where the raws of Destiny could be downloaded from? Since I'm a veteran of the anime world, unsubbed anime is not a problem for me!  :D

Sorry for the semi-late response, I know this was asked a page and a half ago, but whatever. Anyway, I get my raws from l33t-raws. They take longer to come out than Saiyaman, but the quality is much better. I haven't been watching Saiyaman Destiny, so I don't know if maybe they've gotten better, but I remember the quality of their SEED raws was awful. If you need speed, go for Saiyaman, because they'll be out a couple hours after the show airs. If, like me, you can stand to wait until Sunday or Monday to see some decent quality, go with l33t-raws.

Destiny ver-Ka-ed?

;)

IMG_003128.jpg

The actual body looks much better, but I still hate the wings. Red and black color scheme just doesn't work for me.