Macross Zero Vol. 5 Info

Adventure

Link

Sounds like it is a showdown between Roy and DD (We all know who is going to come out alive, well... maybe DD became Zentraedi, who knows, ha ha)

Just mentioned that Shin will be going to rescue Sara... does that mean he has to fight Nora? Or maybe the 'Bird Human'.

All in all, without watching the last volume, I gotta say that (at least for me) the hype level wasn't as great as Macross Plus, but then again it is Macross so I am going to finish watching it :-)

October 22nd, great that's a week before my birthday! That means I should get it from CD Japan in time to watch on my Birthday  :D

Graham

You sure you want to put your birthday on the line that much Graham?

-NOS

Vol. 5 seems to premature to end

Edited by That NOS Guy

I might have missed the discussion earlier, but I remember reading something about Shoji not working on another Macross series in the next little while... but WHAT IF...

there is going to be another series right after Macross Zero...

There probably is already info saying this won't happen, but if they could not resolve the ending in 34 mins, and if the fans get mad... haha...

:-)

I might have missed the discussion earlier, but I remember reading something about Shoji not working on another Macross series in the next little while... but WHAT IF...

there is going to be another series right after Macross Zero...

Many of us had hoped that there would be a new Macross TV series directly after Macross Zero and Egan Loo (unintentionally?) mislead us for a while by posting a statement on the Macross Compendium saying "Next series in the works". However, the next series turned out to be nothing related to Macross :angry:

Personally, I felt that Egan should have modified his statement right from the begining to say "Next non-Macross series in the works". I mean the Compendium is the only official English language Macross website, so when a statement appears saying 'next series in the works', it's only natural for most people to assume that as the statement is on a website devoted exclusively to Macross it refers to a new Macross series. :angry:

So anyway, Kawmori is probably very busy on the new series ''Sousei no Aquerion", which is a half year long series due to start this fall and IIRC features an environmental theme and combining (super?) robots.

Graham

I have been positive on MZero so far, but considering all the things that they need to bring to a conclusion and the fact that they are only using 1/2 the production time to do it, I think it is going to suck.

I have been positive on MZero so far, but considering all the things that they need to bring to a conclusion and the fact that they are only using 1/2 the production time to do it, I think it is going to suck.

Just got into Mac 0 and there is so much to cover in the next episode, so I'm very worried about episode 5 leaving more questions than it answers. I hope it doesn't suck, maybe 1/2 the production time means a lot of the episode is already done, especially considering Kawamori's new series is going to be debuting this fall.

Actually, not all that much needs to be covered.

-We know about the Protoculture already

-We know about their intervention on Earth

-We know what will become of all this new technology

-We know that Mayan is toasted

-We know Sara's singing has a spiritia power to it, effecting all nature around her & also somehow letting her interface with the birdman.

All that really need's wrapping up is the fight between Roy & DD, the true purpose of the Birdman to be revealed, & how the whole mess is going to be covered up (possibly an epilogue on the new characters introduced). This can easily be wrapped up in the remaining time. To find out what happens next, all you have to do is watch Macross.

Actually, not all that much needs to be covered.

-We know about the Protoculture already

-We know about their intervention on Earth

-We know what will become of all this new technology

-We know that Mayan is toasted

-We know Sara's singing has a spiritia power to it, effecting all nature around her & also somehow letting her interface with the birdman.

All that really need's wrapping up is the fight between Roy & DD, the true purpose of the Birdman to be revealed, & how the whole mess is going to be covered up (possibly an epilogue on the new characters introduced). This can easily be wrapped up in the remaining time. To find out what happens next, all you have to do is watch Macross.

If the only resolution they give us is the Roy and DD finish I will be seriously be pissed.

That list you just wrote is kinda silly... I mean yeah, we DO sorta know that stuff but what does it all mean, all I see is a whole bunch of new quesitons.

If the Protoculture came to Earth to turn fish into people, why did they do it?

Why did the Protoculture leave Myan island with so many artifacts?

What does this all mean for the SDF-Macross? (so far there is ZERO connection)

Hey, maybe thats why its called Macross "ZERO"... It has ZERO to do with any other Macross story. LOL

I hope it doesn't suck.

Some babelfish engrish from the Bandai visual site:

< 1 story recording >

* "Person of fifth chapter bird"

Terrestrial integrated war breaks out 1999, centering on the space

battleship of the strange star person who fell to the earth. 8 years

elapse from the opening of the hostilities, the times when the veteran

pilot keeps being lost one after another. With bombardment of the daisy

cutter with counter integration alliance as for the ??? island in the

sea of the fire. Finally taking in plate itself the hate due to fight

with the straw raincoat chain sadly, "the person of the bird" awakes and

moves to the terrestrial purification. To the last, the unified command

and the counter unified command who to move only "the human capture of

the bird" unfold heroical fight, but it has preponderant destructive

power, there was no ? which the unified command, counter integration

alliance you release before "the person of the bird and" do.... On the

one hand Kudou thin sorties in order to rescue the plate at VF zero of

booster equipment. ?? Fokker had unfolded the confrontation of

connection of D & D ????. The ant s which is approached to ????????

hypothetical puzzle....

Fierce battle of the three-sided crest which is unfolded with the

magnificent scale. The person of the bird just? As for conclusion of

Fokker VS ????? As for thin being able to rescue the plate? Until all

puzzles, human pattern is beautiful, the last volume which it keeps

linking! Now... at the time of conclusion.

Color/(estimate) 34 minutes/(main part 30 minute)/Dolby digital (5 1Ch stereo)/single sided 1 layer/16: 9 (squeeze)/vista size item turn: BCBA-1336 sale exclusive use

What does main part 30 minute mean? 4 minutes for credits, or an epilogue maybe?

Fierce battle of the three-sided crest which is unfolded with the magnificent scale. The person of the bird just? As for conclusion of Fokker VS ????? As for thin being able to rescue the plate? Until all puzzles, human pattern is beautiful, the last volume which it keeps linking! Now... at the time of conclusion.

This may very well be the most awesome paragraph ever written.

:D

I thought that maybe the borthas at the Jive server can tranlate for us even more...

Terrestrial integrated wah' braiks out 1999, centerin' on da space  battleship

o' da damn strange stah' sucka' who fell t' da damn eart'. 8 years  elapse from

da jimmeyin' o' da damn hostilities, da times when da veteran  pilot keeps

bein' lost one afta' anotha'. Wit' bombardment o' da damn daisy  cutta' wit'

counta' integrashun alliance as 4 da ??? island in da  sai o' da damn faya.

Final-like snatchin' in plate itself da hate due t' fight  wit' da damn straw

raincoat chain sadly, "da sucka' o' da damn bird" awakes an'  moves t' da damn

terrestrial purificashun. T' da damn last, da unified command  an' da damn

counta' unified command who t' move only "da human capture o' da damn bird"

unfold heroical fight, but it has preponderant destructive  powa', dair wuz no

? which da damn unified command, counta' integrashun  alliance yo' ass relaise

b4 "da sucka' o' da damn bird an'" do.... On da  one hand Kudou thin sorties in

orda' t' rescue da damn plate at V-F zero o'  boosta' equipment. ?? Fokka' had

unfolded da damn confrontashun o'  connecshun o' D & D ????. Da ant s which be

approached t' ???????? hypothetical puzzle....

Fierce battle o' da damn trey-sided crest which be unfolded wit' da damn

magnificent scale. Da sucka' o' da damn bird plum? As 4 conclusion o'  Fokka'

V-S ????? As 4 thin bein' able t' rescue da damn plate? Until all  puzzles,

human pattern be dime, da last volume which it keeps

linkin'!  'S all good. Now... at da damn time o' conclusion.

I thought that maybe the borthas at the Jive server can tranlate for us even more...

:lol::lol::lol: . That made my day.

Where is this page at? I can think of a few speeches I want to use that translator on.

Sounds like "pidgin english" to me. All you islanders know what I'm talkin about. :lol::lol::lol:

Hey, maybe thats why its called Macross "ZERO"... It has ZERO to do with any other Macross story.  LOL

:lol::lol::lol: crap! that was funny!

Woah... Carefull when saying something is funny around here.

The first rule of Macross World is you ARE NOT allowed to have fun at Macross World.

The second rule of Macross World is you ARE NOT allowed to have fun at Macross World.

Hey, maybe thats why its called Macross "ZERO"... It has ZERO to do with any other Macross story.  LOL

:lol::lol::lol: crap! that was funny!

Woah... Carefull when saying something is funny around here.

The first rule of Macross World is you ARE NOT allowed to have fun at Macross World.

The second rule of Macross World is you ARE NOT allowed to have fun at Macross World.

The third rule of Macrossworld is that if it's your first post, you HAVE to fight. With Keith. :p

I have no doubt the Mac0 ep.5 will be very cool, but in order for ot to kick ass we need to see:

1. an ASSLOAD of action

2. SDF-1 or ASS-1, whichever form may vary

3. VF-1S

4. perhaps a cameo by Claudia, Global, or Hikaru?

5. and ending that ties everything up (this is the one that I have my doubts on)

Even though it is a prequel, I hope there is a good conclusion to the story. If they leave everything open and in question, I will be pissed - unless of course they do a sequel to the prequel like Macross 1/2. :lol:

That would be a series similar to RANMA 1/2 ? :lol::lol:

If the only resolution they give us is the Roy and DD finish I will be seriously be pissed.

Except that it gives us an interesting look into the origin's of Roy's skill.

That list you just wrote is kinda silly... I mean yeah, we DO sorta know that stuff but what does it all mean, all I see is a whole bunch of new quesitons.

What new questions? For the most part, Kawamori has been pretty good at fleshing out the reasoning behind the Protoculture's "visit."

If the Protoculture came to Earth to turn fish into people, why did they do it?

Because they (the Protoculture) were the only sentient beings in the universe when they became a space traveling race & started exploring. The purpose behind their "altering" life on other worlds was to populate the universe. This was explained a bit in Macross TV, more in DYRL, and extensively in Macross 7.

Why did the Protoculture leave Myan island with so many artifacts?

What does this all mean for the SDF-Macross? (so far there is ZERO connection)

That's directly tied into the mysteries of the bird man, which "should" be solved by the end of the next episode.

Hey, maybe thats why its called Macross "ZERO"... It has ZERO to do with any other Macross story. LOL

I hope it doesn't suck.

Stop being so skeptical, complain after you've seen it :)

I'm seriously beginning to doubt that any SDF Macross characters will show up...on the website, there's only one "COMING SOON" left in the character list, but I think Dr. Hasford should probably fit in there...maybe there'll be some kind of brief cameo, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see the ASS-1. The whole series has felt less like a prologue to the original series and more like a side story...just like all the other Macross sequels.

Cleaner translation.

It is now the year 1999, and war has spread across the world over concerns of the alien spaceship that came crashing to earth. Over the course of the 8 year war, many veteran pilots have been lost and now the Daisy Cutters employed by the Anti-UN have turned Mayan into a sea of fire. Sara becomes lost in the hatred and sadness brought upon by the war, and the Bird Man (tori no hito) has awoken and begun its purification of this world. Bent upon controlling this power, the UN and anti-UN forces begin their fighting anew, but even they are overwhelmed by the destructive power of the Bird Man. Meanwhile, Shin takes off in the booster equipped VF-0 in an attempt to save Sara, the final battle between Iwanoff and Focker begins, and Aries comes closer to solving the mysteries of the theories of Protoculture.

The story unfolds thus in three ways. What is this Bird Man? What will become of Iwanoff and Focker? Will Shin be able to save Sara? All these mysteries and the links to mankind finally come together in this final beautiful chapter! The end is upon us!

Just a quickie theory, one that I proposed over at the MRG regarding the comments in Episode 4 about the bird-man's song of destruction and head being severed.

It seems that the head will become reattached to the body, and we have no idea of what this song of destruction is. My theory is that its simply an attempt by the bird-man to communicate with the Protoculture, (primitive cultures may consider the communications noises to be a song, and these cultures generally have dire views of most things.) So Vrlitwhai's Fleet would not have in fact been attracted to Earth by the SDF-1, but in fact by the communique from the Bird-Man.

Just a wild guess, but could make sense. Otherwise Vrlitwhai got lost on the way after picking up the signal from the SDF-1 10 years after it crashed. A year or 9 months gap seems more plausable. So Im thinking it will be a cameo from Vrlitwhai and Exedol.

I think a few people are missing some key questions here.

-What is the AFOS, and why does the anti-UN want it so badly, seemingly more than the UN forces?

-How does Mayan Island's creation legend tie in with the Protoculture, if it's even a Protoculture reference at all? (After all, the details are vastly different, and how did the islanders' genes spread to all of humanity if it's the only instance of Protoculture messing with human DNA?)

-Why the hell haven't we gotten a VF-0D model yet?

I think a few people are missing some key questions here.

-What is the AFOS, and why does the anti-UN want it so badly, seemingly more than the UN forces?

-How does Mayan Island's creation legend tie in with the Protoculture, if it's even a Protoculture reference at all? (After all, the details are vastly different, and how did the islanders' genes spread to all of humanity if it's the only instance of Protoculture messing with human DNA?)

-Why the hell haven't we gotten a VF-0D model yet?

Shin and Edgar WERE using a VF-0D.

i like the jive translation.it's like having "huggy-bear" from starsky & hutch narrate macross."damn straight,DD is about to have his ass handed to him...dig?"

now picture "boomhaur"(sp?) from king of the hill narrating that :lol::lol:

oh,& "kieth" thanks for giving these guys the tough love as always :lol:

your lack of tolerance for crap makes me think your irish :lol: