singer directs superman

Hmmm.. I heard this when thankfully McG left the project but never paid much attention to it. But it'd be cool if he decided to do it. if anyone can do superhero titles it'd be Singer (as long as he stays with the classic costume and leave the rubber suits to the X-Men.) I'm also glad that they dropped the JJ Abrams script, as much as I love Alias, it was way off the Supes myth to begin with.

Also don't forget that Singer was on the Battlestar Galactica project for a while and wasn't involved with the final product. Also he could just be another name in the long list of directors involved with the Superman project.

I'll hold off on this. The Superman project has been on a roller coaster ride since they day they said they wanted to do another Superman movie. The talkback on AICN is saying that Singer and co. are attached to X3 and Logan's Run so this is going to be quite a large amount of work. When the schedules come out for those movies, I'll comment.

Hmmm.. I heard this when thankfully McG left the project but never paid much attention to it.

Whew. Anyone would be better than McG(ay), he needs to stick to directing rap video's with Tupac and Biggie Smalls. :D His movies are utter garbage.

All we need is actors for Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Lex Luthor then we'll be all set.

I like Singer. He did an awesome job with the X-Men pictures. I should be happy at this decision. But if shooting for Superman will hinder his work on X3, then he needs to make decisions. Personally, I'd rather he polish up X3 than to tackle another potential franchise. The man's worked up as is.

It's sounding alot more official than when it first ran as a piece on AICN. Reuters released this statement from Singer :

"My interest in Superman dates back many, many years," he said. "In fact, it was the Richard Donner classic film that was my day-to-day inspiration in shaping the 'X-Men' universe for the screen. I feel that Superman has been late in his return and it is time for him to fly again."

Very cool that he's giving props to Donner. I only hope that X3 is going to be finished before he gets started on Supes. I also only hope the suits at WB don't ruin what is probably their best chance of getting a great Superman film.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040806c.php

Bryan Singer Wants Tom Welling

Posted: Friday August 6th, 2004 3:53pm (Au-EST)

Author: Garth Franklin

Source:

Superman V reports that they've heard that Director Bryan Singer has offered the role of Superman to "Smallville" star Tom Welling! This will please many fans as he is BY FAR the most requested for the role.

The thing to note is that Welling has shown a reluctancy towards playing Superman and despite the change in management on the project this still seems to be the case, thus it is unlikely that he will accept.

With Singer and the Donners on board and rumours of Christopher Reeve being involved Welling might change his mind but the site hasn't heard anything to indicate that is the case.

The offer is on the table and we believe it is a two picture deal. With Singer wanting to get his Superman soon he wants an answer sometime before the end of the month.

Thanks to 'JVSamurai', 'Paul' & 'Gustavo'.

Tom Wellings is Superman, nuff said! :lol:

I hope for Tom Welling's sake he doesn't play Supes in the movies (which I'm fairly certain he won't)... guys that play Superman tend to be typecast as Superman forever and have horrible luck.

Besides, it's not a Smallville movie and it would be kinda dumb to have the guy play adult Superman in a movie, then go play Teen Clark the next week on TV. ;)

HAHAHA, the drama never ends

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040809e.php

'The Doc' is back after a brief respite with a response to Friday's rumours about "Smallville" boy Tom Welling being considered for the Supes role:

"Thought I'd drop by some info on everyone's favorite superhero and what's going on at Warner Bros. As you know I've had some dealings with the studio and can put straight some recent rumors. Tom Welling has not been offered Superman by Bryan Singer. Singer wants an unknown in the lead role. Trust me when I say Tom Welling will not be the next Superman. I'm not sure how that rumor came about but it's bogus.

My agency got a casting call last week for Superman. Actors are going to get put on tape starting next week. Singer and his team will then meet actors, sort through the tapes and decide which actors they want to come to Burbank for a final screen test. Word is Superman might be cast as early as September. The search is apparently all over North America. I guess they'll have casting directors in LA, NY and Canada.

Another interesting bit. Warners are apparently going to rent the Fox studios for the next 2 years. I don't know what that means. Maybe they're shooting two Superman movies back to back, maybe they're just keeping it for the inevitable Superman sequel, maybe Green Lantern is gearing up, hell, it could be Scooby Doo 3! I honestly don't know, but look for a big Warner production to be in Sydney after Superman".

Thanks to 'The Doc'.

Dean Cain was an awful choice for superman. His face is so recognizable. You need that bland face. If the whole notion of hiding you face behind glasses wasn't stupid enough, why get someone with sucha distinct face. Christopher Reeve kinda pulled it off. He was great in the role. I think in Linda Carters face was recognizable too, but there's nothing like a nice set of boobs to confuse and distract you...

What was I talking about?

Oh yeah... Val Kilmer was an awful choice for Batman. The only part of the face that shows is your mouth and you get someone with buckteeth... Bruce I know it's you, you got those huge overbite hanging out of you mask! :rolleyes:

Edited by >EXO<

I'm glad its in limbo. Give other, more exciting heroes a chance. Hell, I'd watch a movie about Aquaman before Supes ...

Good point. Hell, Supes has been in live action far too many times. I like Supes, but some other hero needs to take a shot in the (live action) spotlight that hasn't been re-done to death.

not nearly as bad as george clooney...

hmmm, bruce bobs his head around whenever he talks and so does batman... only, his entire upper body moves because his costume doesn't allow for any head movement...

George Clooney is a live action bobble head. :lol:

I just went to Superherohype.com and found that the working title is "Unbelieveable". That casting call has begun and the actors are reading scenes from 1978's Superman: the movie. Both scenes involve interaction with Lois Lane as Clark and Superman.

Now I know this is off topic but for us Smallville fans look out for the Flash to appear in the coming season. This Flash won't be Jay Garrick or Barry Allen. He won't even be Wally West. He'll be Bart Allen aka Impulse/Kid Flash.

Now I know this is off topic but for us Smallville fans look out for the Flash to appear in the coming season. This Flash won't be Jay Garrick or Barry Allen. He won't even be Wally West. He'll be Bart Allen aka Impulse/Kid Flash.

sweet. that means that any GL's in the Smallville continuity will probably be Kyle Rayner. ;)

Update: Tom Welling adds to the speculation he might play Superman. At the Teen Choice Awards, Tom revealed he's signed on to a major production for Warner Brothers. He is sworn to secreracy as to what that project is. This is leading some to believe he'll be the next Superman. Now people believe that if this happens Smallville wiil it's run early. I thinks there's enough room for both franchises. Go to this link: supertom