Yamato Display Stand

rnurmin

I'd get one, but the non-gunpod fit just killed it for me.

same here, as well as the unreasonable price tag. i'll wait til they go on sale/clearance cause i don't see many people(here in the states) coughing up the dough to get this one. after shipping, it'll be like $50! :o:angry::(

COUGH! COUGH! B))

Too bad HLJ has me on their August restock status! :( But I can wait, as I am all broke from the conventions and what not . . .

Was wondering, would it be possible to use these display stands for a wall moutning. I'd prefer to have them coming off my wall then sitting on my desk. Does it have that flexibility to sustain such a position?

:Dat

Downside is that the stand comes with 8 different attachment clips to fit the various Yamato Valks, however, the clips are not marked to show which is which and although they are all slightly different, the photos in the instruction manual are not very clear. Still, it's not exactly rocket science to figure out which is which  :p

Also, you need to use the clips to make sure the Valk is firmly attached, which is another reason why you can't do an upside down 1/48 Valk w/FPs.

Unfortunately, neither the 1/72 YF-19 or 1/48 VF-1 can fit their gunpod on the stand in fighter mode.

Graham

Aww Man! I always wanted to display my Valks upsidedown (The way the Launcher should hold the Valks with Fast Packs like in DYRL? Movie) :(

Me too, it would be the only reason to buy one of these stands for me... i'll buy a normal stand then. :(

Edited by Ido

I wish that center clip thing was clear.

btw, do the locking "bolts" on the grapple claws move (turn and/or retract/extend)?

The locking bolts on the 4 grappling claws are just molded on detail, they don't move at all.

The 4 grappling claws are only hinged where they join at the base. Also, the grappling claws are not really used to hold the Valks, as they do not clamp closed very tightly. Basically the grappling arms are just for show and for providing a little extra stability to the Valk.

The main point of attachment is the clip which attaches to the underside of the Valks and plugs into the vertical strut on the base. On most of the Valks, except the YF/VF-19 and maybe the Q-Rau (dunno, I haven't tried the Q-Rau yet), the clip snaps over the Valks, hip bars. Basically, it's a squarish or box shape plastic clip with two 'U' shape cut-outs that go over the Valks hip bars. I'll try to take some pics of the clips tonight as I know I'm not explaining very clearly.

Graham

Was wondering, would it be possible to use these display stands for a wall moutning. I'd prefer to have them coming off my wall then sitting on my desk. Does it have that flexibility to sustain such a position?

:Dat

It might be possible with a bit of modification. The base of the stand has a screwed on plate covering the bottom, with I guess a weight inside for stability, I dunno, I haven't disassembled it yet.

But it looks like if you unscrew the bottom plate, you could probably drill some holes in it to rig up some sort of wall attachment.

The arm should be stable enough, as it has several screws which you can adjust for tension.

Graham

I was wondering how much those are going for in HK and how big are the boxes. Similar to 1/60 valk boxes?????

I would like to get at least 7 or so, but with the price it is going for in the US ($40+shipping or more), I might have to settle for only a few.

I was wondering how much those are going for in HK and how big are the boxes. Similar to 1/60 valk boxes?????

I would like to get at least 7 or so, but with the price it is going for in the US ($40+shipping or more), I might have to settle for only a few.

I bought one stand for HK$198. And the box is pretty small, less than half the size of a 1/60 box. I don't have the box on hand, but I guess it's something like 8" x 5" x 5" (just a rough estimate).

Graham

cool pics G :D Can't wait for my stand and my Max and Myria 1/48 VF-1J :lol:

ooo, when I said "I wish the clip things were clear," I meant I wish they were cast in clear plastic instead of grey (unless they're metal.)

I really would like it better if it appeared there was no clip there to begin with. Just my druthers.

HK$198 works out to roughly US$25.50. Not that expensive.

If I can get the stand at that price in the US, I pick-up around 12 of them. That is the wishful thinking for those of us in the US.

Once again, thanks for taking time to provide unbias review of Macross item.

$40 a pop and ya can't even fit the gunpod to a 1/48 in its fighter mode when it's on the stand! What's up with that?! :huh: It's like having a bottle of Corona w/out da lime!! It's just not right! <_<

I still like these stands way better.

The stands are nice, but costly here in the US.

I think they look the best when used with the 1/48, because it appears as though they were meant for each other. Well, except for the gunpod of course. ;)

PS: Graham, your son is very cute. He's definitely styling with his little ankle bracelet.

Edited by ChristopherB

any pics with no fast packs 1/48 VF ? which clips to use ? I just got my stand from toy-wave. cool :lol:

OK OK, now I know why everyone's voting for the next 1/48 to be a CF.

That looks SuuuWEEET! (who did that custom?)

Thanks SLL and nice pics and Valk :lol:

Can someone do a "fake" pose mock-up of the claw grabbing a Super VF by the fast packs? Just hold the stand upside down over a sitting valk and take a pic? I just wanna see what it looks like. That's the pose we're all craving for anyway, I know it.

Hayao, That CF is da bomb. It makes me cry to think Yamato hasn't put one out yet.

I also wonder why yamato won't release the CF veriation....

this make the 1/48 line missing a major part

and about the stand, too bad the gun pod can't attach on the fighter

TO redemption:

this custom is done by myself~ :p

I post it before, but can't pass the qualification to put on the custom gallary