Who has the guts to 'Jet Fire' their 1/48?

apparently in the comic, jetfire and skyfire are the same character, in the comic..

skyfire looks just like the tv version of skyfire. but then he puts on some armor that makes him look kinda like a valkyrie. its kinda cool i like the way they got it in the comic.

For info on Skyfire, check here.

http://www.transfandom.com/matrix/display/...hp?story_id=152

Edit in: in the TV series, he transformed into a huge space shuttle. Large enough with a boarding ramp for vehicles to drive into his loading bay. Not quite the same scale as the single person VF-1 valkyrie that we all know and love. ;)

post-26-1088250017.jpg

Edited by Jedi Knight

whats with the Decepticon logo on his chest in that pic?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jetfire and Starscream used to be friends on Cybertron. When Megatron finds Jetfire buried in Antartica they reactivate him to destroy the Autobots. Near the end he switches sides and ends up fighting with Optimus Prime.

EDIT: D'oh. Didn't see Jedi Knight's post. :lol:

Edited by UN Spacy

yes him and starscream were once friends along time ago. i believe Megatron used some sort of machine to brainwash autobots and turned them permently into Decepticons, starscream being one of them. if i remember correct omega supreme and the Constructicons were once friends as well.

Here are a few crappy screen caps on Skyfire in shuttle/fighter mode in the cartoon:

Edit in: I have noted the cargo door, where regular Autobots and humans are able to walk/drive into for transportation.

post-26-1088256278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jedi Knight

yes him and starscream were once friends along time ago. i believe Megatron used some sort of machine to brainwash autobots and turned them permently into Decepticons, starscream being one of them. if i remember correct omega supreme and the Constructicons were once friends as well.

I always thought it was Starscream's ambitions that made him fall into the decepticon ranks. I know in one of the constructicon's origins (no less than three I think), Megatron did use a device that turned them into decepticons, but I don't recall Starscream getting the brainwashing treatment.

maybe you are right, I do not know if starscream joined personally or against his will. i know Megatron used the machine on many autobots i thought he might be one of them, but still regained some of his memory causing him to rebel frequently against megatron

maybe you are right, I do not know if starscream joined personally or against his will. i know Megatron used the machine on many autobots i thought he might be one of them, but still regained some of his memory causing him to rebel frequently against megatron

I doubt that, since starscream was supposedly Megs' successor

I do know that skyfire was a wuss that crashed at the first sound of hard language

since i'm OT anyway:

Anyone remember an episode with the arialbots going back in Cybertron's past?

(key to Vector Sigma ? )

those "Guardians" in that Ep. have a strong resemblance to Omega Supreme

and the "rise" of the decepticons showed alot of transformers with a resemblance

to constructicons

later in the episode Megs rigged up a headless guardian to attack the autobots

Anyone remember an episode with the arialbots going back in Cybertron's past?

(key to Vector Sigma ? )

those "Guardians" in that Ep. have a strong resemblance to Omega Supreme

and the "rise" of the decepticons showed alot of transformers with a resemblance

to constructicons

later in the episode Megs rigged up a headless guardian to attack the autobots

That's because Omega Supreme was the last surviving Guardian robot in the TF-G1.

I do know that skyfire was a wuss that crashed at the first sound of hard language

was he? I do not remember to much of him, i remember the leader of the Aerialbots Silverbolt (i think that was his name) was very much a wuss and afraid of flying at first

was he? I do not remember to much of him, i remember the leader of the Aerialbots Silverbolt (i think that was his name) was very much a wuss and afraid of flying at first

Silverbolt used to be a low alt. transport so he was afraid of heights

Skyfire used old transistortubes as circuits (cheap chinese at that, no NOS Mullards,

RCA's or Telefunkens) which shattered the moment someone sneezed on board

I thought the constructicons were made on earth?

I thought the constructicons were made on earth?

Conflicting reports. When the Constructicons are introduced, Megatron claims they were built on Earth. However, they are also shown as Omega Supreme's former friends from Cybertron, and I believe they were shown once as the team that built Megatron's body.

What, you were expecting continuity from G1? For shame! :p

[quote (wolfx @ Jun 27 2004, 03:21 AM)

I thought the constructicons were made on earth?]

The Constructicons were created on earth in the final episode of season 1 entitled heavy metal war. Later in season 2 we see the constructicons and omega supreme on cybertron of the past when they were friends. Obviously there were some editorial issues with the scripts back in the day. The stunticons and the combaticons were both made on earth by megatron and starscream respectively. Wait a minute, when the hell did this become a G1 cartoon thread. BTW I have been thinking about a 1/48th Jetfire but the $ issue is holding me back.

:lol: I to have also noticed this topic has strayed off course , i do not want to see this thread get closed down , so I will try to put it back on course. i have no problem spending my money and making a 1/48 jetfire, i just need to save up and get one. the money issue is not a problem i do not mind taking a expensive toy like that and haveing a little fun with it. i just need to save up and get it, but right now there are a few other things I need to buy right now. hopefully i will be the one to make it. i may not be the best painter around but i think i can do this one. Hopefully I can find a loose 1/48 out of package that might be cheaper.

didnt someone alittle while back paint a small Banprestos Valk Pink? how about one of those in 1/48 ?, or one of those funny Macross 7 ones i think there was one with polka dots on it. that would take some major guts to do. :)

didnt someone alittle while back paint a small Banprestos Valk Pink? how about one of those in 1/48 ?, or one of those funny Macross 7 ones i think there was one with polka dots on it. that would take some major guts to do. :)

This would be RedComet level evil here. :lol:

Would anyone be willing to post reference pics of Jetfire here? I'm actually very interested in turning my 1s into this old buddy. If anyone has the original sticker sheet they could scan that would rule....