blast from the past

If this is a blast from my past then I'd rather not remember it. Please hand me one of those MEN IN BLACK memory erasers. Set that sucker to LONG TERM and wipe me clean. :lol::D:p

Put those next to a Barbie or Ken and you won't be able to tell the difference. Jeez. At least they gave Lisa a decent looking bridge uniform. What THE fu@# is that on Rick Hunter? :lol:

MY EYES!!

THEY BURN!!!

Someone insert the "The goggles, they do nothing!" pic.

What THE fu@# is that on Rick Hunter?  :lol:

Either it's a failed attempt at a John Travolta "Saturday-Night-Fever" suit (I mean, look at those lapels! You could sail the f&*$ing HMS Victory with one of those! Give him a wide polyester tie and he could pass as a refugee from the Nixon years!) Or it's an equally failed attempt at an Adam Ant-style pirate outfit.

Not to mention that the doll of ol' Lick looks nothing like the box artwork...

Edited by Pat Payne

God Rick looks stupid :lol: even worse they do not even have Dana in any sort of familiar Robotech style clothing, she looks like some sort of generic Barbi doll. they could have at least given her the uniform on the box, so the doll somewhat looks within the context of the character it represents. :blink: I do not really remember I was alittle young when Robotech first came out and did not follow the numbers of what sold and what did not sell, but was the Robotech merchandise succesful in the USA? after seeing this I can not imageine it being all to popular. I do remember that ugly Valk that could accept the GI joe sized figures. :( for the most part I should not bring that up, from the look of things most of you are still having a hard time getting this out of your mind, I do not want to add anyhting else horrible :p

chris

but was the Robotech merchandise succesful in the USA? after seeing this I can not imageine it being all to popular.

I can answer that with a qualified "NO." Robotech merchandise absolutely tanked. Those 12" figures are just a sampling of the absolute C R A P that Matchbox produced for the Robotech line. The 3 3/4" figures were absolute garbage, and came with very few accessories. Most of them couldn't even hold their own guns in their misshapen little hands. The only decent things to appear under the Robotech name were the repackaged Gakken toys (which never even made it to Canada) and the little die cast Destroids from Macross.

If there was anyting good to come out of the whole debacle, it's the fact that the failure of the Robotech toy line played a large part in killing the Robotech II project.

but was the Robotech merchandise succesful in the USA? after seeing this  I can not imageine it being all to popular.

I can answer that with a qualified "NO." Robotech merchandise absolutely tanked. Those 12" figures are just a sampling of the absolute C R A P that Matchbox produced for the Robotech line. The 3 3/4" figures were absolute garbage, and came with very few accessories. Most of them couldn't even hold their own guns in their misshapen little hands. The only decent things to appear under the Robotech name were the repackaged Gakken toys (which never even made it to Canada) and the little die cast Destroids from Macross.

If there was anyting good to come out of the whole debacle, it's the fact that the failure of the Robotech toy line played a large part in killing the Robotech II project.

Ya the Matchbox Robotech toys were pretty awful back then. I owned only a few things. The Invid Scout was decent. The action figures were horrible. I had Rick, Lisa, Roy, Rand and cyclone(that didn't transform).

Matchbox did repackage the SDF-1 and joke machines for sale in the US. Never got those...dammit.

Had the repackaged Gakken blue Alpha and the 8 " transforming Cyclone. Like most of my toys from the 80's they are long gone...lol

I want a Nabeshin outfit for my Rick doll.

BTW, there are real Macross dolls that were made later in the 90s. If you really gotta have the dolls, I would suggest those instead.

Edited by Legioss

I want a Nabeshin outfit for my Rick doll.

BTW, there are real Macross dolls that were made later in the 90s. If you really gotta have the dolls, I would suggest those instead.

The Yellow Submarine Minmays. They look great too. But they go for more than these ... things.

Well, if the dolls are 1/6th scale, you could always take the outfits and put them on a better figure (Cy Girls, Dragon, BBI, ect.) and make a decent modern version of them..

Not like these figs go for much on ebay. If someone does it and it works, let me know so I can grab the uniformed Dana and custom up a Cy Girl or something.

We could even have a thread where the actual figures are burned in some creepy geek ritual..