TV Rick Hunter - Full Transformation

DatterBoy

Very Nice! So nice I'm drooling. But, I did take notice on of the red stripes on the tail fins. They should be solid grey.

It would be cool to see it with some background graphics, like moving clouds to give it some momentum.

Oh, most droolage. However, I don't like how the legs have no support mechanism for when they're in mid-transformation. It's odd to see them just floating in space like that.

But that's still fantastic. Just need another 30,000 frames of animation or so to sate my desire for more :)

- I have an idea in my head for a bad ass sequence, but I don't have enough models (need some baddies) to pull it off. Need some buildings too, and Rofavan has contributed his Q Rau to me but I have not had a chance to mess with it yet. How many more frames? A lot... gimme a few years, it'll happen.

- There are a few modifications from the actual TV version such as the red stripe on the tail and the gun metal grey on the visor. Just preferences on my part. Always thought the tail looked kinda plain and saw one of Brian's models with it and thought it looked good. I'll probably go cancon eventually just for faithful's sake.

I don't like the legs having no support either, but I couldn't figure out how to get the pistons to animate like Dok's does. Still working on it.

:Dat

I recommend that you download the file to your desktop and running it from your local system. The movies I make tend to not play well on the browser.

Dat - looks wonderful! Don't worry, we'll work out your piston issues sooner or later. meanwhile, perhaps you might "hollow out" the cavity under the chestplate where the heatshield lives - it looks kind of weird popping through the solid piece.

Again,very cool!

I'm a fan of the Rick Hunter cuz that's what I grew up on. Hikaru is fine, but for me it will always be Rick Hunter. It's still Macross to me no matter how you define it. I posted it that way to spite the hardcore Japanses Macross fans, but erious man, ROBOTECH, MACROSS, I love em all.

The actual AVI it was originally rendered to was about 145 Meg so I used a mpeg convertor to get it down, looks just as good and runs smoother.. so why AVI at all?

No UN SPACY on the inside of the legs? I don't have any problem with that, but to be honest I wasn't sure. I'll have to take it out for future renders.

Edited by DatterBoy

Here's one I did real quick without textures, just to change the speeds to a little more realistic speed. The original is a bit slow, and even then, in real life this thing would xform faster...

rick11.mpg

I'm a fan of the Rick Hunter cuz that's what I grew up on. Hikaru is fine, but for me it will always be Rick Hunter. It's still Macross to me no matter how you define it. I posted it that way to spite the hardcore Japanses Macross fans, but erious man, ROBOTECH, MACROSS, I love em all.

That's all good but there's no need to mention that he's the TV Rick Hunter because he's only been on TV. Both as a veritech fighter pilot and a tough L.A. cop with a knockout hispanic partner, Deedee McCall... ;):p

I'm a fan of the Rick Hunter cuz that's what I grew up on.  Hikaru is fine, but for me it will always be Rick Hunter.  It's still Macross to me no matter how you define it.  I posted it that way to spite the hardcore Japanses Macross fans, but erious man, ROBOTECH, MACROSS, I love em all.

That's all good but there's no need to mention that he's the TV Rick Hunter because he's only been on TV. Both as a veritech fighter pilot and a tough L.A. cop with a knockout hispanic partner, Deedee McCall... ;):p

Hmmm...., good point...