Coming Soon

Myersjessee

• 2 weeks later...

Shes big...man is she big...check her out next to a Yammie 1/48....the YF19 is almost ready too (I just need to get off my lazy A$$! ) MSLZ22 is the hard worker of the two of us...Ill get my second wind though...! ;)

Stay tuned for more pictures and shots of the 19.

VF21compare1.jpg

and

VF21compare2.jpg

Just a note on the pics, that model is not 100% complete, just a teaser but there are only a few parts missing and the molds are ready to go, I am just running low on resin. That model has no putty on it, took only and hour or so for me to prep and glue together, it required only minimal sanding and the fit is really good for a recast. It is nice and heavy, lots of resin go into this kit.

mike

Shes big...man is she big...check her out next to a Yammie 1/48....the YF19 is almost ready too (I just need to get off my lazy A$$! ) MSLZ22 is the hard worker of the two of us...Ill get my second wind though...! ;)

Stay tuned for more pictures and shots of the 19.

VF21compare1.jpg

and

VF21compare2.jpg

wow, that is a big chunk of resin :blink: I can't wait to see the 19

Although, I think this picture proves once and for all that if Yamato made a 1/48 YF-21, it wouldn't be, "too big to possibly enjoy" as some people here have so insistantly stated over and over and over........... <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Although, I think this picture proves once and for all that if Yamato made a 1/48 YF-21, it wouldn't be, "too big to possibly enjoy" as some people here have so insistantly stated over and over and over........... <_<

Ya took the words RIGHT out of my mouth. That is one HUGE valkyrie......I can't wait to see the next set of pics Myersjessee. B)):D

Maybe you meant 22?

As for the 19...small delay...my compressor died a slow painful death...new one is on the way...19 display to come soon afterwards...perhaps by the weekend. :(

In terms of these kits...there have been a lot of questions about pricing...so here is the scoop.

Both kits are slightly different from the originals:

The YF21 will have a solid canopy with a vacumformed dome. The original was all clear, but the recasts people have all seem to have messed up canopys (not sure why, but they all are "soft" and yellowed. The 21 landing gear is resin with a solid metal core. This peserved the detail, but should make the gear strong enough to hold the plane.

The YF19 wings have been thickened. The originals (or the recasts of the originals we recieved) are as thin as the 1/72 scale kit...and warp. (again, I have heard a couple members who asked for just wings because of this problem) So, we have thickened the wings and will cast them with a firmer resin for rigidity. The landing gear will be done like the 21 with a metal core. The 19 canaopy is vacuum formed. Additionally, the 19 had a lot of small surface flaws that have been cleaned up, with panel lines re-etched.

The kits will both come without decals. Anasazi has offered to make 3 decal sets available. 1 for the standard 19, 1 for the 21, and 1 for the Advanced Valkyrie Series. I dont know the final price on these, but I think he said $5 a set. These decals will be much better then the ClubM originals...which were basically just some kites. I'm expecting to hear from Devin soon...we will get him kits to work with, and he will get to them when his schedule permits....but suffice to say they are coming and will be available.

As for pricing...Mike and I won't be doing a ton of these...but we would like to make a few available for MW members. It looks like they will be $85 a kit (not including S+H) or both kits for the one time bargain price of $155. :) Anyways...if your still interested drop me a PM...we will get pictures up of the 19 this weekend and probably start to wrap up some kits soon afterwards. Ill make a list of interested parties and we will go from there.

No, I meant 1/48 resin YF-23. Only plane in the world I care enough about to justify 200 bucks on: http://www.collectaire.com/modelpages/yf23/yf23.html

Would be very interesting to see next to a 1/48 YF-21. :)

No pics of the kit at the site, I've only found like 2 ever. It is basically 2 pieces, top and bottom, like all YF-23 kits. Just 2 massively complex pieces, since one has the exhaust trenches, and one has the intakes.

Edited by David Hingtgen

4869 1/48 YF-23 Black Widow II

Definitely sweet, I wouldn't mind having one to put next to the 19 and 21.

Club M made a 1/48 22 didn't they?

So all we would be missing is the YF/VF-20. ;)

YF-23 was Northrop/McDonnellDouglas. And AFAIK Northrop designed most of the plane, MDC did systems/electronics. Though I think MDC did the V-tail. The YF-23 is, design/stealth-wise, the fighter version of the B-2. Same stealth concept and materials, just not a flying wing.

Well I had to sign up at a German airplane forum to get pics, but I got some (the boxart even says 'The plane we all wanted to win')

Quick real YF-23 pics, cool angles: (all the good/big pics are "boring" angles)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Well...finally got a bit of time and got going....Here are some pictures first of all the pieces. Please be aware during this first picture the pieces are still warm...they are literally right out of the molds...I rubbed off some light flash and used some model dikes to cut sprues but that is it. No sanding, no fitting, no putting...these are "virgin" parts.

yf191.jpg

This is all of the kit except for the canopy, shield, and head laser. MSLZ22 has these parts...and I just need to hook up with him to get them....

Now...I took these parts...and in less then 20 minutes I hot glued the whole thing together! :) LOL!!!! I grabbed my wifes crafter gun and slapped it all together. I wanted to see what it would look like, and I wanted to see the size..but I wasnt ready to really start fitting things. Luckily, the whole kit is pegged together, and they fit pretty well right out of the molds, so it was fairly easy to takc together. I would have finished 5 minutes sooner, but it dropped off the spray can and I had to redo the right side! :) Anyways..please be aware the gaps and slight angle errors would be fixed on a real build with real glue..this was just a mockup for those who wanted to see it.

yf194.jpg