Fantastic Four

CaptRico

Wow. Great art piece. But they all look a little younger than they should be.

What else has Makoto Nakatsuka worked on this year?

I'd KILL for a Metroid anime. That's right. I said KILL. :lol:

Wow. Great art piece. But they all look a little younger than they should be.

What else has Makoto Nakatsuka worked on this year?

I'd KILL for a Metroid anime. That's right. I said KILL. :lol:

Young? Yeap. At least they look cool. I love Sue(Invisible Woman)'s hair. Nice and spikey. :3

And a Metroid anime.... HELL YEAH! :headbang:

Why does Ben Grimm look fixated on Sue's posterior?

Other than that, I don't like Johnny's face. And Reed looks downright unnerving.

It just doesn't feel right to see them this way. It's like you're not actually looking at the F4, but rather a bunch of impersonators dressed up as them.

Barf. I'm usually pretty open to artistic expression but that just looks bad to me. Sue looks 13, the Torch looks stupid, Reed's face is just... annoying.

Thanks, man. When I first saw this pic I couldn't put into words how I was feeling. What you said pretty much sums it up.

The North American comic industry can't move on from this stupid, quasi-manga style soon enough for me. I rarely visit the comic shops anymore, but when I do it sickens me to see row after row of would-be, almost mangas staring back at me.

Anybody remember when everybody was copying Jim Lee and Todd McFarlane?

The North American comic industry can't move on from this stupid, quasi-manga style soon enough for me. I rarely visit the comic shops anymore, but when I do it sickens me to see row after row of would-be, almost mangas staring back at me.

Anybody remember when everybody was copying Jim Lee and Todd McFarlane?

What's even worse is the "manga"chop mixed in with the hip hop poses. Look at Mr. Fantastik's "Wazzup B?"

Give me Neil Adams, Will Eisner, and some Moebius anytime.

YEEEEAAH BBOOIII!

Edited by >EXO<

Yea the whole "manga is "hip" right now so lets draw in a manga style even though we cant and it comes off looking like a generic urban t shirt character design in a bad pose witha messed up looking face and chopped up mix between manga and american comics" needs to go away NOW. i LOVE manga iv been buying it since teh late 80s, and i love american comics. I enjoy my american comics looking liek american comics to look unique and original though and i like my japanese comics to be....japanese. Artistic expression nothing...whats the point if it looks liek crap?

I don't like it all. They look to young and the style of art just doesn't fit or look good for these characters. I hate when they try this style of art on already established characters and series. If it doesn't start out like this don't switch to it.

dammit, the Fantastic Four are lame!

In any form, including anime style. :p

It's not just the Fantastic 4 it's superheroes in general. :p

Well, if you wanna get nitpicky though, every action movie hero is super.

But I get ya. I will admit that there are some cool characters in the Marvel and DC universe... but I dunno... they're all kinda fruity. But hey, I like Anime heroes and they're arguably just as bad. :lol: