Why does Milla want Gamlin Kizaki to marry Mylene?

He's a military man, a fighter pilot, just like she was. He's by the book, straight laced, he's the straight man. He has pretty much all the qualities a parent would want in their daughter's choice of men. He's not some wild partier, some gung-ho hothead, and he's most definitely not a rockstar.

He's a military man, a fighter pilot, just like she was. He's by the book, straight laced, he's the straight man. He has pretty much all the qualities a parent would want in their daughter's choice of men. He's not some wild partier, some gung-ho hothead, and he's most definitely not a rockstar.

I think you pretty much hit it on the head there in the first sentence.

Gamlin is an awful lot like Millia - a good pilot, dutiful, loyal, stiff... somewhat unimaginative and alien, really.

I think Millia is just being her typical control-freak self (as she is portrayed in M7) by trying to arrange a marriage to someone suitable - ie, someone like herself.

Mylene's running around with a rock band at a very impressionable age... Millia's just trying to get control and ensure that her daughter turn out "normal."

Edited by Blaine23

Probably Mylene's sisters have married punks or are still single (like Emilia) so she wants to get Mylene making grandchildren ASAP

Just see how Gamlin behave he is just a good boy...

I'm just thinking like a parent on this one... Millia's daughters are everywhere in the galaxy, and Mylene might become just like them. A marriage to a fellow citizen of the City 7 like Gamlin, can allow Mylene to be as ambitious as her sisters, while ensuring that she's anchored to the family. Difficult family reunion because of extreme distance and erratic schedule maybe?

To keep her from being interested in that singing twat

Gamlin was then replaced by that singing twat as the better, ideal suitor. Bottom line is, the Jenius nest is getting empty. Millia or Max is about to set it on fiyaa! Having Mylene around is a way to stop it. :D

I'm just thinking like a parent on this one... Millia's daughters are everywhere in the galaxy, and Mylene might become just like them. A marriage to a fellow citizen of the City 7 like Gamlin, can allow Mylene to be as ambitious as her sisters, while ensuring that she's anchored to the family. Difficult family reunion because of extreme distance and erratic schedule maybe?

I should add that Millia is there for her daughter's upbringing. For the 6 other girls, she was out there fighting all the time and she probably couldn't spend as much time then as she could now for Mylene. For Mylene, she's right there. And I don't think Millia has any grand-children from the other 6. You know, the clock is ticking and she ain't gettin any younger. It's time for the girls to get movin. Papa Jenius is all used up.

I should add that Millia is there for her daughter's upbringing. For the 6 other girls, she was out there fighting all the time and she probably couldn't spend as much time then as she could now for Mylene. For Mylene, she's right there. And I don't think Millia has any grand-children from the other 6. You know, the clock is ticking and she ain't gettin any younger. It's time for the girls to get movin. Papa Jenius is all used up.

Actually, Papa Jenius ain't all used up like you have said... according to some doujinshi me read. All he needs are more competence from his colleagues so he can spend more time with Mama Jenius. Same goes for Mama Jenius' colleagues. ;)

Actually, Papa Jenius ain't all used up like you have said... according to some doujinshi me read. All he needs are more competence from his colleagues so he can spend more time with Mama Jenius. Same goes for Mama Jenius' colleagues. ;)

I don't think we need to go into that.....:p

Wes Posted on Apr 22 2004, 08:38 PM

Dude, she had seven daughters. SEVEN. Of course she was ready to get rid of the last one. 

One more reason to call it Macross 7.

If I was Gamlin I would have tried to bang Millia instead. She was obviously itching for it.

YES!

And Captain Max would had send him into a "non return" mission

fleet defence using a vf-11 would be considered non-return mission :p

only prob is gamlin is too good and survived like the one ep.

Max could have send him to look for the missing fold generator from the SDF-1...

Test the use of a fold booster in a VF-11C

The funny part of that series, was that initially Millia has encouraged Gamlin to court Mylene but towards the end of the series, Millia was encouraging Mylene to go aftter Basara (If I remembered it correctly). I think Millia was off her rockers by that time. :lol:

I always saw it as Mylene liked both Basara and Gamlin, each for different reasons. Gamlin liked Mylene. Basara was in love with his music and basicly just appreciated Mylene's singing and thought her as a friend. I don't see Basara interested in her outside of that.